Breakfast! Most Important Meal of the day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options
billsica
billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
So we all know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Its the largest meal and you eat it when you wake up to make it though the day. My problem is that I get tired about 2pm or 3pm. My thought is, if I just MOVE breakfast too noonish, then I'll be peaking on my food high by this time and get my though the day. I eat more than 3 meals a day, so I eat Breakfast, Brunch, lunch, dinner, snack or B,Br,L,D,S. Would Br,L,B,D,S the most effective meal strategy? Then I'll be tired closer to 7 or 8pm at night. Not such a big deal then, its just Vanna and the Wheel and bed. I don't watch Jeopardy because its to pretentious.
Cheers! Thank you all in advance for your input.!!!!!

Replies

• nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    Again who says breakfast is the most important meal...*eyerolls* ???

Or are we being sarcastic...
  • billsica
    Options

Of course its the most important. That is grade school common knowledge. No offense.
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options

Of course its the most important. That is grade school common knowledge. No offense.

Please enlighten us how one meal is more important?
  • AnjaZ89
    AnjaZ89 Posts: 235
    Options
    for my whole life I had a pretty small breakfast, a snack and a huuuuge lunch and I'm not damaged in anyway... I don't know why people have to generalize everything?! Everybody works different nutrition and exercise wise so please stop throwing everybody into the same bucket!
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    How dare you skip Jeopardy? The nerve of some people
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    to the OP...leave the comedy to the comedians.
  • cmacphee3
    cmacphee3 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    How dare you skip Jeopardy? The nerve of some people

I can't even read the rest of this post after the insult that is not watching Jeopardy!
  • billsica
    Options

What are you talking about? Go no further than MR Google and type in most important meal of the day you will get an article by Web Md, those are Drs.
    http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/most-important-meal
    "Reviewed by Kathleen M. Zelman, MPH, RD, LD on July 02, 2012
    © 2012 WebMD, LLC. All rights reserved."
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options

Humour bypass surgeons been doing the rounds again, I see.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    So we all know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Its the largest meal and you eat it when you wake up to make it though the day. My problem is that I get tired about 2pm or 3pm. My thought is, if I just MOVE breakfast too noonish, then I'll be peaking on my food high by this time and get my though the day

Sounds like lunch is the most important meal of the day, then.
  • blueduckie
    blueduckie Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Surely every meal is important, right?! :)
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    trolling-like-a-boss-thumb.jpg
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options

What are you talking about? Go no further than MR Google and type in most important meal of the day you will get an article by Web Md, those are Drs.
    http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/most-important-meal
    "Reviewed by Kathleen M. Zelman, MPH, RD, LD on July 02, 2012
    © 2012 WebMD, LLC. All rights reserved."

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You really honesty just made me laugh.

So again, tell me why is it so important? If I don't eat til say 4pm and wake up at 8am, will I lose less fat?
  • rvicini
    rvicini Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Honestly, it is unnecessary to start a flame in a discussion about the importance of breakfast. This happens only in a nutrition forum lol.

However, remember the body comes from a rest state and has been several hours without eating. If you have dinner at say, 7 pm the day before, a normal organism would be very hungry about 10 am.

Remember also that for most working people, breakfast is under a more controlled environment. You can cook your own food. I see people around here not having breakfast ad then go out and grave a fritter, or a pastry with regular coke at midmorning and then start gaining weight.

I hate to starve, or feeling hungry. I am not good for making any concessions regarding my well being and the day feels good when I eat a good breakfast.

I am against suffering related to weight loss. Some people don't eat good at home and then go out fishing for cr*p at the local convenience store and then complain about their painful weigt loss experience...

People must learn to eat. That simple. And it is easy!

• Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    Excellent.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Break up with her, then you get 2 breakfasts!
  • holeshottdr
    holeshottdr Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I must be doing it wrong, I never eat breakfast.....
  • rvicini
    rvicini Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Good Lord, with guys this grumpy, they surely didn't have breakfast... lol
  • TexanThom
    Options
    That would mean that a banana is the most important food item in my house.
  • Goal_Driven
    Goal_Driven Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    All my meals are pretty close in cal's.. they actually usually increase in cal's as the day goes and I'm doing just fine. it's probably because you are eating a lot in the morning.. burning off those carbs that give you energy and taking in less carbs as the day goes... giving you no energy thus making you tired.. eat more, equal meals. No one meal is more important.