Replies

• FitForLife81
    FitForLife81 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I didn't log and I KNOW I went over and I LOVED every bite ;P
  • kcaffee1
    kcaffee1 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    By the time the SECOND thanksgiving dinner was done, I had 143 calories left, but was so far over on the carbs wasn't sure it would make much difference. Then I checked in this morning, and it seems I've been forgiven for the excess carbs/sugars. Having to learn how to handle diabetes, and was shocked when blood sugars were the lowest I've seen since I started tracking them!
  • crazy4lulu
    crazy4lulu Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    i stayed right where i needed to be..... but im training for a competition so i had to be good!!!!
  • msshiraz
    msshiraz Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Set my limit at 6,000 - looks like I may come under

LOL!!! I think your stomach would burst!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Set my limit at 6,000 - looks like I may come under

LOL!!! I think your stomach would burst!

I managed 4,700 as I did not start eating until after noon. So, I came in 1,300 below - yay!
  • AnnaLeigh35
    AnnaLeigh35 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I managed to stay under, but ate most of my calories in desserts and breads. Oh well, under is still under!
  • 2bmeagain12
    2bmeagain12 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    It was day 2 of strict Keto for me (was low carb for a few days leading up), and I got the dreaded Keto flu. I only consumed 900kcal, about 300 under my daily limit. Aside from feeling miserable, it was easier than I thought with the support of my family.
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I feel like if you stayed under your calories on Thanksgiving you're doing it wrong. One day of enjoy some good food won't hurt your progress. I'm not saying you should stuff you face, but treating yourself isn't a bad thing.
  • TashiaMH
    TashiaMH Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I had every intention of eating like a pig for TG which we celebrated Friday. But I also wanted to log everything because I like seeing the data and it makes me proud to see how far I've come when I do have "cheat" days. I had one big 1200+ calorie plate and one tiny desert plate and really not much else that day. I went over by about 400 cals but burned 500+ calories exercising and preparing my house for guest. So I think with exercise cals earned I ended up being under by a hundred cals or so.

One main thing I feel I need to do is not punish myself during holidays or during special occasions. I plan on eating like everyone else, though I may log it. I think it's important not to feel punished.

:D
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I feel like if you stayed under your calories on Thanksgiving you're doing it wrong. One day of enjoy some good food won't hurt your progress. I'm not saying you should stuff you face, but treating yourself isn't a bad thing.

I stayed under- had a really good workout that morning and had small portions. I felt happy and fine. The day after was a different story though :)
  • tooliebell
    tooliebell Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I didn't log in my food on thanksgiving, but I don't feel like I went hog wild. I had a little but of everything in small portions. I walked twice that day for 45 minutes each time. Didn't eat dinner because I was too full. I really felt like I kept myself in check. BUT, the scale this am showed me 5 pounds more than thanksgiving morning so I'm a little confused and frustrated. I know it was only one day and I'm glad i enjoyed my food but not sure it was worth it.:(
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Thanks again all you guys for posting...I'm so proud of you guys!!!!!! WOOT!

I didn't /don'tlook at my not over-indulging as "punishing myself" I looked at and look at my purposely NOT eating too much and not too little as a method of permanently operating in the business of eating and drinking for the rest of my life, including holidays and celebrations. I'm choosing to "reward" myself in non-food ways from now on. This may not be a fantabulous way of rewarding oneself or "celebrating" a special time or day to some...but it's utterly tremendous to/for me, and I'm proud of myself too. I'm GLAD I did choose/am choosing and will continue to evermore choose to be eating and drinking the way I'm doing, and especially this Thanksgivings. I lost 1.6 pounds this week, I *think* a wee bit of my not over-doing it on TGD may have been a contributing factor in this HUGE success in the scale for me this week, maybe not--I'm not sure--but I'm THRILLED about it, that much I know.

I'm GLAD for others that over-indulged in eating and drinking and had a terrific time--I honestly am. I just know for me (and everyone is different, all of our battles are unique, even though they sure may "seem" similar--we're on all different roads in this life, including our weight-loss road)...we ALL are so different and what's valuable and good and worthy to some of us, will not be for others and visa versa. It's just for me--my looking, feeling and my overweight/obese body being filled with UGLY, unhealthy fat and flab, due to my being a glutton and lacking self-control in the area of food AND drink, has ruled and reigned in my life for so many years, and part of my new lifestyle is to continue to eat and drink and enjoy life--but to no longer see food as my enemy NOR my source of joy or ultimate pleasure--but as a source of health, nourishment and in a more balanced and meaningful way. Some will indeed call this "denying myself" or depriving myself, that's okay--I'm doing what I want to and what I feel I must and indeed want do for the rest of my life--this "new" relationship with food/drinks and self-control. To each is own and to those who disagree, I say...I don't have all of the answers and I'm wrong far more than I am right about many, many, MANY things. Perhaps I'm wrong in this way of thinking, eating, drinking and living too...but until I feel that conviction (that my way of thinking, living, eating and drinking is wrong) personally I say....WOO HOOOOOOOOO....I LOVE my new lifestyle attitude of not so large, but totally in CHARGE:wink:
  • jeme3
    jeme3 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I ate and drank what I wanted, and thoroughly enjoyed the day with friends and family. No idea how many calories I consumed, I just did a Quick Add of 3000 calories and called it a day.

But, I am down a pound today from where I was at the beginning of the week, so I couldn't have screwed things up too badly.

I plan on doing exactly the same thing for Christmas.
  • mangoos
    mangoos Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I do have my "pre and post turkey day",where I exercise before and after thanksgiving day having >1000 cal under both days. I guess I evevn out on thanksgiving.
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I decided to eat at maintenance for the day, and I did an hour bike ride in the morning. I ate light throughout the day, and then when Thanksgiving dinner came I thoroughly enjoyed myself :smile: I clocked in exactly at my maintenance cals (2600). I even snuck an extra piece of pie in there! :bigsmile:
  • hellokitty41489
    Options
    I didn't log Thanksgiving; I actually took it as a challenge not to. I did great :) I ate reasonable portions and I stopped eating once I was full. I also didn't spend the rest of the day grazing (which I was super guilty of in the past) I only ate a bit of extra turkey later to keep me fueled up for shopping :D I weighed myself the following day out of curiosity, and only gained half a pound (which I believe is sodium related) so I'm rather proud of myself!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options

Who says it’s just one day, though? We could use the same reasoning for:

New Years
    Christmas
    Thanksgiving
    Church Picnic
    Pastor's Anniversary Dinner
    My wedding anniversary
    My Birthday
    Best friend's wedding
    Vacation to {insert awesome place}
    Parents 50th wedding Anniversary

And on...and on...

I used my holiday to experiment with several different vegetable recipes. My dinner clocked in at 700 calories. I did not feel deprived because I went against the traditional fare. I thought the holiday was meant for thanks. I gave thanks to the Lord for a change in my habits and the good sense to get started before my body completely fell apart. I gave thanks for the fact that I can actually RUN at well over 200lbs. I would never contradict that sentiment by splurging on food that I don’t even want just for the sake of tradition.

I LOVE this way of thinking and living! :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

New Years
    Christmas
    Thanksgiving
    Church Picnic
    My wedding anniversary
    My Birthday
    Best friend's wedding

And on...and on...

I used my holiday to experiment with several different vegetable recipes. My dinner clocked in at 700 calories. I did not feel deprived because I went against the traditional fare. I thought the holiday was meant for thanks. I gave thanks to the Lord for a change in my habits and the good sense to get started before my body completely fell apart. I gave thanks for the fact that I can actually RUN at well over 200lbs. I would never contradict that sentiment by splurging on food that I don’t even want just for the sake of tradition.

We could use the same reasoning, but we don't usually. And even if we did - that's say 20 days out of 365 - no biggie.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options

New Years
    Christmas
    Thanksgiving
    Church Picnic
    My wedding anniversary
    My Birthday
    Best friend's wedding

And on...and on...

We could use the same reasoning, but we don't usually. And even if we did - that's say 20 days out of 365 - no biggie.

Sarauk2sf, girl...it's all good. That's what makes this ole world go around and filled with such diversity. I truly believe that variety is the very spice of life. How boring this world and this battle of the bulge we're in and on would be if we all marched to the same drum beat. Well, it'd be super boring and bland to me anyhoo---it's wonderful you don't use this type of reasoning and it's wonderful that she and I do. It's what makes us ALL so beautiful...our differences. We're not better nor worse than one another--just blessed to be, think, live and eat and drink differently. I think it's wonderful! :drinker:
  • quietasariot
    quietasariot Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I didn't overindulge on food because I literally couldn't eat anymore than the plate of food I had. Then once that finally settled I just sort of grazed the rest of the day (we did T-day lunch around 1pm).
    I did however overindulge in wine... but it was soooooo good, and I never ever drink more than a glass, so 3 glasses and I was feelin' GOOD :).
    Overall, a great Thanksgiving.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!