5 Pounds A Month March 2010 Challenge

Options

Replies

• phyljen
    phyljen Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info. I believe in homeopatic treatments. I used to go to a woman who prescribed different drops to assist me in getting more energy as well as other treatments for head aches. She used different stones and a kind of like stretching or pulling on my arms to measure my levels of stress in my body. Phyljen
  • aprildh
    aprildh Posts: 90
    Options
    Morning all! Sorry I have not been around much this week but life has been crazy. I had a new baby start on Monday. He comes in the middle of nap time (which is usually one of my big workout times of the day, so I need to figure out how to get in a bigger workout). My husband left town Monday morning for a class 250 miles away. So on top of working 55+ hours a week I am single parenting. I do not know how single parents can do it day after day. Tuesday swim club had an open swim and a parents meeting. Last night we had to run and get birthday presents for parties that came up during the week. Tonight I have parent teacher conferences. Thank god tomorrow is Friday. To top that all off I have not been feeling the best. Not sure what is going on, not really sick but my legs are very sore and tighten up when I sit for and length of time, and I have not been sleeping well. Hopefully it gets better soon.

Weigh in is tomorrow hopefully everyone is having a healthy week. I was kind of bad last night and while we ran to get presents we ate out and in honor of St. Patrick's day I had a Rueben ( I always thought they were a German food) at Applebees. I will have to drink lots of water today to get rid of the sodium from the corned beef.

Time to run one of the kids ones to use my computer.

Have a healthy day!

I hope your day was better today. I think part of it is the time change. I have slept awful this week and have been much stiffer as well. Plus with the kids sick and my husband has had church work most evenings so I understand how you feel this week. Maybe next week will see us better.
    April
  • lreed
    lreed Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I have been feeling really good this week. St. Patrick's day is one of my favorites. I planned all week so I could enjoy it yesterday. I loved cooking my corned beef all day and I tried a new trick with my cabbage. (after it was cooked I tossed it with at shallot, malt vinegar butter bacon sauce) it was delicious and yes it was a little on the fattening side. I knew it would be a high sodium and salt day. I even enjoyed a black and tan (Guiness and Bass Ale). I have planned so well this week and have had great energy so I am seeing great results on the scale. I realized that since I started all of this exersize and healthy eating I haven't been depressed. I am still unemployed and terrified about the financial repercussions but I am so much better able to handle it. I hope the rest of the week goes well for eveyone.
    Sounds like you had a great St. Patrick's Day! Congratulations! I have noticed big time, that I have not had nearly the amount of blue days since I have been exercising every day! Good to hear someone else feels the same! Hope the job search goes better!
  • phyljen
    Options
    April,
    What kind of work is your husband doing for the church every night? Is he a minister ?
    I also wondered what you mean by working on the church curriculum in your profile page?
    Phyljen
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    My crazy week is winding down. I have to work my 11 hour day. And when the kids come home from school load everyone in car seats and get my to rehearsal for her first piano recital tomorrow then drive her to a birthday party. I am sure a bunch of 12 year old girls will get a good night's sleep so she is not crabby on the day of her recital.

Well here is my weigh in

March 1st weight 181
    March 5th weight 178
    March 12th weight 177
    March 19 weight 177

No loss, but I will take that considering the crazy week I have had. I am actually surprised I did not gain just from stress and eating on the run most of the week!

Have a great, healthy day!

Terri

It is Friday!:drinker: :drinker:
  • phyljen
    Options
    Hi PALS,
    My turn to give the weeks weigh in. I did it! Lost another pound. Love MFP!!! What more can I say. Wore a dress to church today that I could not button up for a long time. Got lots of compliments and a couple people asked if I was losing weight! FINALLY it is starting to show.

3/1 - 150.5
    3/5 - 149!
    3/12 - 147
    3/19 - 146

Can't wait to see how everyone else is doing. Phyljen:laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • TCASMEY
    Options
    Hi PALS,
    My turn to give the weeks weigh in. I did it! Lost another pound. Love MFP!!! What more can I say. Wore a dress to church today that I could not button up for a long time. Got lots of compliments and a couple people asked if I was losing weight! FINALLY it is starting to show.

3/1 - 150.5
    3/5 - 149!
    3/12 - 147
    3/19 - 146

Can't wait to see how everyone else is doing. Phyljen:laugh: :flowerforyou:

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: Keep up the awesome work!
  • erinm
    erinm Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    SW 1/1/10= 220

3/5/10= 197.8
    3/12/10= 194.2
    3/19/10= 192
  • iwantthis
    iwantthis Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Man I am bummed.
    I had huge hopes for March - at this point. I would just love to break 200 at this point. It is so so evil. Ugh 200.
    It will be okay. Need to get back on track - heres my weigh in...

3/1/2010: 203.8
    3/5/2019: 196.8 (this doesn't seem quite right...)
    3/12/2010: 202
    3/19/2010: 201.6

slowly but surely!
  • bigdawg025
    bigdawg025 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I'm down about 5 pounds for March now... but there is another week to go still! :)
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday,

march 1 178.4
    march 5 176.2
    march 12 176.2
    March 19 173.5

I had a great week. It all really started coming together for me this week. I hope it keeps up for a while. Good job to those who have lost and don't get discouraged to those who havent. Its almost like the lottery, sometimes the scale moves and sometimes it doesn't. As long as we know that we are doing the right things we gotta keep on playin'.
  • kalmf
    kalmf Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Fantastic Phyljen, Erin, Big Dawg and RJ!

Terri - with the new kid and the craziness of this week - I think you are officially allowed to give yourself a pass!

Iwantthis - I'm with you. I was totally frustrated yesterday, since I was only down a half pound. Last night we went out to dinner and three of us shared a Brioche bread pudding. Holy cow - it was swoon-worthy - but this morning the half pound was back on.

Which created a new relationship for me with that 1/2 pound loss. Instead of cursing its puniness like I was yesterday, I'm missing it terribly and thinking very warm thoughts about it. But when I look back at the week, I only did one official work out - the foot incident - and another today so I'm sure that's part of it.

I'm not posting officially for another hour - who knows that magnificent fabulous amazing 1/2 pound loss may return!
  • aprildh
    aprildh Posts: 90
    Options
    It's March 19th and the scale still showed 202, but it was 202 even and I think last week it was 202.6 or something, so however slowly, changes are being made.
    April
  • TCASMEY
    Options
    SW 1/1/10= 220

3/5/10= 197.8
    3/12/10= 194.2
    3/19/10= 192

You are doing fantastic! Keep up the great work!:drinker: :drinker:
  • TCASMEY
    Options
    Man I am bummed.
    I had huge hopes for March - at this point. I would just love to break 200 at this point. It is so so evil. Ugh 200.
    It will be okay. Need to get back on track - heres my weigh in...

3/1/2010: 203.8
    3/5/2019: 196.8 (this doesn't seem quite right...)
    3/12/2010: 202
    3/19/2010: 201.6

slowly but surely!

Hang in there. I know how frustrating it can be. But soon your hard work will show!:flowerforyou:
  • TCASMEY
    Options
    I'm down about 5 pounds for March now... but there is another week to go still! :)

That is so awesome. You met your goal and may exceed it!!! Keep doing whatever it is you are doing! It is working for you!:drinker: :drinker:
  • aisser
    aisser Posts: 232
    Options
    March 5: 167
    March 12: New scale 167 old scale 165
    March 19: 166.4 new scale
    March 26:
  • sonia2003
    sonia2003 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I am a bit late but heres my weigh in for today!

SW: 145 GW: 120
    Feb 2010: 140
    March 5: 138
    March 12: 140
    March 19 140

I am frusterated again for the lack of weight loss but I just had a blood test and my dr called me to go over some results. It may be throid but I really hope its not! The weights not budging and I gain and lose the same 2 pounds. I will definitely work out harder and need to increase my workouts I think and I will be back next week with hopefully some good news!
  • sonia2003
    sonia2003 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    PS: Everyone else is doing so great! Keep it up and you all are on your way!
  • lreed
    lreed Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    March 5th 207.3
    March 12th 206.4
    March 19th 204.3
    Hurrah!!!! Down 2.1!!!!!