Slim In 6 Workout Buddies Wanted!

Options
Sweettart
Sweettart Posts: 1,331 Member
I will be starting SI6 on Monday and need buddies to join. I have attempted to do this 6 week program about 4 times and havent gotten past the 3rd week and this time I want to actually finish it!

I find it a lot easier to reach your goals when you have others helping you along the way! Come join me in getting in shape for summer!!!

Replies

• fitmommy4life
    Options
    I'm on board!
  • SLUNDIN1
    SLUNDIN1 Posts: 5
    Options
    I am with you, I decided to start this program again on Monday too....I have attempted to finish it in the past but always seem to bore with the same workout routine. I promise to make you keep going if you can do the same for me. I want this to be the program to help me jump start again and get a good start right before summer. Good luck and check back in with you Monday!!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    What kind of program is it and where do I get it?
  • Sweettart
    Options
    Now I am ready for monday!! I will push you as long as you push me back. Everyday after our workout I would like us to come back here and post how we did and feel.

SI6 is a beachbody program that is squats, lunges, toning and abs. Look it up. People have actually lost 30lbs in 6 weeks.

Also I will be doing my measurements and pictures on sunday night!!
  • Scoobees
    Scoobees Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Just popping in to wish you all much success with SI6! It's a great program (as all Beachbody programs are :wink: ) and I've since moved on to her advanced SI6 called 'Slim Series' which I highly recommend, too. It has quite a bit more variety in it with 6 dvds. Helps keep away that boredom. :tongue:

Anyway, I'll try to check in and see how you are all doing! Much success! :flowerforyou:
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    I started a round of Slim in 6 on Monday with Start it Up. Is it too late for me to join the group? Maybe it won't seem so monotonous to me if I know there are others going through the same thing. I loaded all the workouts on to my video/mp3 player so I don't even have to be in front of a tv/dvd player to work out:bigsmile:
  • Sweettart
    Options
    Taryn: Thanks for the info on SI6

GTO: Of course its not too late to join! You can prepare us for what we are getting ourselves into lol

Scoobees: How was your success with SI6? How much weight or inches did you lose?
  • shagybear33
    shagybear33 Posts: 272
    Options
    Can I join too?

Last time I made it to week 4 and quit because I got bored too. But if I am pushed, I know I can finish it!!!

:D
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options

GTO: Of course its not too late to join! You can prepare us for what we are getting ourselves into lol

The Start it Up workout isn't that bad as far as difficulty goes. If you are used to other forms of exercise it will be easy- but be prepared for lots of squats and for your legs to be sore the next day.
  • Sweettart
    Options
    Usually when I start SI6 and after the first day of all the squats and lunges it hurts to sit down for the rest of the week lol I will have to really push myself to keep going!
  • IsabellaCullen
    Options
    Sign me up as well, if you don't mind! I am ashamed to admit that I've had the discs for well over a year, and have tried it on two occasions, but haven't been able to stick with it - but a lot of that is due to my overwhelming schedule at work, home, volunteering, etc. I would Really love to find a group for the support & motivation!!
  • Scoobees
    Options
    Sweettart - I lost only about 10 pounds - but a heck of a lot of inches (I didn't measure). It was amazing - all of the sudden I had an actual waist AND my saddlebags (those ugly outer thigh fat gobs :ohwell: ) were flat! :happy: A pair of too small jeans I bought to inspire myself LAST Christmas slipped right on before the 6 weeks were over. :drinker: So, I really wasn't disappointed in the actual 10 pound loss - there were just so many other fantastic changes. I did get REALLY bored though, so I didn't follow the program to the letter; there was just no way I was going to do the same Burn it Up dvd for 6 days a week for 4 weeks straight. :yawn: So I would go to the gym some days during the week for Zumba or Turbo Kick, etc instead of SI6. But at least I did exercise all 6 days.

I am really loving her follow-up program after SI6 (called Slim Series); 6 dvds that are all really challenging but fun & nice variety!

Be sure to pop in Slim & Limber anytime for that muscle soreness - it really helps!
  • Sweettart
    Options
    Scoobees: That is awesome! I bet you felt amazing after. What routine did you do? I thought it was start it up for 1 week, then ramp it up for 2 and then burn it up for 3 weeks? I could be wrong and Im sure everyone does it different.

The one thing I would LOVE to gain after these 6 weeks is a BUTT!!! I have a flat butt and would really love to actually gain one lol

Did you follow the diet plan or just MFP? I dont have the diet plan :(
  • Scoobees
    Options
    Sweettart - Thanks! :flowerforyou: In my SI6 book, it says to do Start it Up only long enough to comfortably learn the moves and suggests moving on in a couple days so that's what I did. I was doing Ramp it Up on day 3. I know lots of people stick with Start it Up for longer though, but I'm not a new exerciser so it was time to fly. :tongue: Then once I got comfy with Ramp it Up, I added Cardio Core Express after it. I love that workout! Never tried Thin Thighs Guaranteed though. :ohwell:

I don't have a flat butt, BUT it's definitely getting smaller & firmer! :laugh:

I didn't follow the diet plan - but I generally eat a healthy Body-For-Life (Bill Phillips) type diet. Lean protein & good carb every meal, a healthy fat thrown in there, etc. But there are those days when chocolate wins...:noway:
  • callie365
    callie365 Posts: 689
    Options
    Sweettart

Glad to find this group !! :smile: My SI6 is in the mail.... might be here Sat, if not Monday.

Is it ok if I join even if I'm late starting?
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,668 Member
    Options
    Another Slim In 6/Slim Series fan here. I lost 6 pounds in the 6-week program (started August 10), but I've been doing it and Slim Series since and lost another 20 pounds and counting. It's been amazing for me. I weigh less now than I have in 25 years. I'll be turning 50 later this year, and I am here to tell you that age doesn't have to slow you down. :bigsmile:
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,668 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, I'm also a BB coach.
  • BADGIRLstl
    BADGIRLstl Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Is i t too late to join? Wha tare we going to be doing to assist us in getting slim in 6 wks?
  • heatther
    heatther Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I started last monday! I would love to have a buddie, my hubby gave up already!:laugh:
  • Sweettart
    Options
    Wow everyday we keep getting more buddies!! Im lovin it!!

Can't wait till monday.

Sunday night is the dreaded measurements and "before" pic

I will be doing slim & 6 pack on mon, wed, fri and slim & limber on tues, thurs, sat and of course sundays will be my rest day.

I am also going to try and do 20mins on the elliptical everyday as well!!