Going from *kitten* to fit!

Options

Replies

• SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    Definitely fit...Love the progress and thanks for the tips...You look Amazing..
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    Wow, who would have "thunk" that 200 pounds can look SOOOOO differently in the same person.
    Oh, you look great, by the way.
  • jfrankic
    jfrankic Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Love seeing the incredible body changes, while your weight stayed the same. I'm to the point where I say "screw the scale" and am only focusing on lifting and body fat. Great job and thanks for sharing!!
  • T1mH
    T1mH Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Yup, people worry too much about the scale and numbers when in reality it's body composition that matters most.
    When your 50 lbs over weight ain't no body composition in the world going to look good. Gotta get that fat off so that muscle can be built.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    *Wipes drool off chin* Hot Dog!! I think you look AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHMAZING :wink: :tongue: :flowerforyou: :blushing: :love:
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Yup, people worry too much about the scale and numbers when in reality it's body composition that matters most.
    When your 50 lbs over weight ain't no body composition in the world going to look good. Gotta get that fat off so that muscle can be built.

Whether you believe muscle burns 6 calories or 60 doesn't change the fact that strength training is incredibly important for losing fat and keeping your body strong and healthy. Just some of the benefits include:
    •Increased after burn - High intensity strength training can actually help you burn extra calories for hours after your workout
    •Prevents loss of lean body mass that happens from dieting and/or aging
    •Burning calories - While strength training doesn't burn as many calories in one sitting as cardio, it does contribute to your overall calorie expenditure
    •Changes your body composition, which helps shape your body and keep you healthy
    •Strengthens bones and connective tissue along with muscles
    •Keeps you strong and active as you get older
    •Improves coordination, balance and may help prevent injuries

The bottom line is, strength training is important for almost any fitness goal, whether you want to lose fat, gain muscle or just get in better condition. (Copied from Ask.com since I didn't feel like typing my own response re: benefits of weight training).
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Nice work btw! Congrats on the transformation.
  • rebasporty
    rebasporty Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Nice job. Love how different the 200 lbs looks now.

Thanks for this piece of advice. That is me...my scale is moving very slow however my clothes are fitting different. Some times seeing something like this puts it all in perspective.
  • natalie412
    natalie412 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Wow...very nice. Nice legs too.....
  • emzypemzy93
    Options
    Awesome work!! You look hawtt
  • NorthwestPA
    NorthwestPA Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    WOW!
  • S1NN3R
    S1NN3R Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Niiice. :bigsmile:
  • Game8
    Game8 Posts: 442
    Options
    Wow...very nice. Nice legs too.....

All thanks to squats baby!
  • lasmit4477
    lasmit4477 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Great job, my friend! You already know I am a fan! :)
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    WOW! You look Great! Very inspiring to keep at the heavy lifting!
  • WAHMto5
    WAHMto5 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Wow!!!!! Awesome job!
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    Them quads!!!!
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Very well done and very impressive that you are still on the same weight. I hope more people see this to help them understand how much of a difference weight lifting can make.
  • Game8
    Game8 Posts: 442
    Options
    Great job, my friend! You already know I am a fan! :)

Aye, and so am I :-)
  • wow29
    wow29 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    :blushing:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!