EAT GIRLS! EAT!!!!!!

Options
Either there's an awful lot of starving young girls on here or they are all lying on their food diaries...

EAT GIRLS!!!!!!!!! I'm twice your age, eat twice as much as you, and am smaller than some of you!! Stop the madness! Skinny is NOT where it's at, HEALTHY is! You're messing up your metabolisms and when you get to my age, you will not be able to maintain your weight!!

Replies

• beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Yeah!
  • I think you are correct on both accounts probably. The world is sure big enough for all of them!

AND HELL YEAHHHH!!!! 2200 calories to maintain!!! And lost weight on 1850 so don't tell me eating is unsuccessful. :D
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I think you are correct on both accounts probably. The world is sure big enough for all of them!

AND HELL YEAHHHH!!!! 2200 calories to maintain!!! And lost weight on 1850 so don't tell me eating is unsuccessful. :D

you got it girl!! ;)
  • SteAnnMui
    SteAnnMui Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I agree, even though I'm a bad example! I aim ffor 1500 on non workout days and 1800 on workout days. I have trouble meeting that with all the veggies I eat though, as they are low calorie.

Especially when I'm strength training, I need to pump it up to build that muscle!
  • vsetter
    vsetter Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I completely agree. The problem is that every weight loss system (WW, Jenny Craig, Nutrasystem, MFP, and so on), puts calories at a low level for weight loss. Over my time, I have checked into a few of these and tried a few too. Every single one of them puts me at 1200 calories for weight loss (and that is not even a 1 pound loss per week). Mentally, you figure that if 1200 will get you 1/2 pound per week, well....what would 900 calories do??? I've been there.

BUT --- I am now at 1700 calories, just about to bump up to 1800. I'm gaining muscle, do not feel deprived in my diet, rarely have a "bad" diet day, and best of all.....I am losing body fat. I love it!

I won't ever go back to 1200! Eat girls!!!
  • fizzletto
    fizzletto Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    (I'm talking about NET calories in this post)

I find that if I have 1,200 a day, I do lose weight, but quite slowly. If I eat 1400ish, I lose weight consistently and more quickly. If I eat 1600, I maintain. If I eat 1700 I gain. Have tried this for extended periods of time. So don't try and tell me to eat more!
  • gingerveg
    gingerveg Posts: 748 Member
    Options

I find that if I have 1,200 a day, I do lose weight, but quite slowly. If I eat 1400ish, I lose weight consistently and more quickly. If I eat 1600, I maintain. If I eat 1700 I gain. Have tried this for extended periods of time. So don't try and tell me to eat more!
    I am starting to think this is me too. I net 1400 now. OP my BMR is just a wee over 1200 so we are all different. If I ate 2000 I'm fairly certain I'd blow up unless of course I earned those extra cals through working out. But I get the sentiment here I am eating more than I thought I could and still losing so it's good to play with the numbers for a while.
  • JustANumber85
    JustANumber85 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Either there's an awful lot of starving young girls on here or they are all lying on their food diaries...

EAT GIRLS!!!!!!!!! I'm twice your age, eat twice as much as you, and am smaller than some of you!! Stop the madness! Skinny is NOT where it's at, HEALTHY is! You're messing up your metabolisms and when you get to my age, you will not be able to maintain your weight!!

i agree
  • glitteredgrave
    glitteredgrave Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    omg feeling deprived for me is the worst feeling ever. idk how some people manage to do it.
  • IronDame
    IronDame Posts: 275
    Options
    :flowerforyou:

It truly is sad what these people do to their bodies.
  • sgmomma
    sgmomma Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I'm a grouchy tired straving person at 1200...I'm 5'2 and down to 148...eating at 1850
  • Lindseyelizabeth87
    Lindseyelizabeth87 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I started out here doing 1200, but have slowly learned that more is better for me. Aiming for about 1500 now!
    It's too bad starting out here 1200 seems like a good idea. :/
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    swallow* swallow*
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    But I don't want to eat girls... I am not into cannibalism.
  • msaestein1
    msaestein1 Posts: 264 Member
    Options

Your numbers are healthy. I don't think she is referring to you. I net about 1500 right now.
  • TdaniT
    TdaniT Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Okay so this site tells me my goal calorie intake is 1420. I find it very hard to stay under that. I have been losing 1 pound per week for the last three weeks so something is working. I am having a big issue with eating "right". Any suggestions?
  • CJ_Holmes
    CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Perfect!:laugh:
  • IvyWhispers
    IvyWhispers Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I don't really count the calories....I eat healthily, protein, vegetables and fruit

and I eat what I need to eat to feel full

sometimes its nearly 2000 calories sometimes it would probably come out just over 1200

but I never feel deprived
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Okay so this site tells me my goal calorie intake is 1420. I find it very hard to stay under that. I have been losing 1 pound per week for the last three weeks so something is working. I am having a big issue with eating "right". Any suggestions?

That is a fine intake if you are not exercising. If you are exercising, log it and you'll notice the allowed calories goes up.

For 1 pound a week weight loss, you need a 500 calorie deficit. You can achieve that through exercise, diet, or a combination of both.

You could eat 100,000 calories a day and lose weight if you are spending 100,500 calories a day.

Problem many "girls" (I'd argue guys too) encounter is they see weight loss being just calories in versus out. So, they eat 100 calories only and run on a treadmill for 6 hours non-stop. This makes their bodies fight tooth and nail eventually to protect itself.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options

You are not trying to stay under it. You are trying to eat 1420 PLUS exercise calories it gives you when you log your workouts. Is your food diary open? I suggest you start a topic of your own and have your diary open so that people can give you suggestions on your food.