Depressed about my starting weight.

Options
124»

Replies

• CrazyAnne
    CrazyAnne Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    You are just starting out, don't be discouraged. You will get support you need here. Feel free to add my as a friend.
  • adavis59
    adavis59 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    When you start your journey of weight loss, you need a beginning point so that you can celebrate the milestones on your way to the new you. Keep working hard and you too will say, "Oh my gosh, I used to weigh that and now I'm down to..." I, it's scary at first, but you'll do fine. Hang in there, we're with you on your journey! :flowerforyou:
  • StrongerMomto7
    StrongerMomto7 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    I also started a few weeks ago at 242. Add me as a friend if you'd like! :)

Same here... I weighed in at exactly 242. We can do this! You can add me as well. :)
  • Feisty_Red
    Feisty_Red Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    That first initial WTH moment is needed to get serious and do something about it! Sometimes we keep trying to ignore it...but once we see it...it seems more real.

Baby steps.. take 10 pounds at a time. That way it wont see so overwhelming!!
  • meggwtw
    meggwtw Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody, all of this is great!
  • psychic_atrophy
    Options
    You are very close to my starting weight. It can be so overwhelming, thinking about how far you have to go. I have to lose about 80lbs just to be in the healthy bmi range.

The the fact of the matter is that you can't get closer to your goal if you just give up. Instead you have to be encouraged by the progress you make and focus on your successes not your failures. For every healthy choice you make, you deserve a pat on the back; very pound is one step closer. Set small obtainable goals, one pound a week, 5 pounds in a month. And reward yourself, but not with food. Buy new shoes or pamper yourself with a pedicure, whatever you really want.

Another thing I do that really helps me, each day when I log my intake in the "notes" section I reflect on choices I've made and how I can change them.

Take this challenge one day at a time. You will not always be perfect, and it is a long road, but you will get there if you just stay with it.

Good luck! Message me anytime for support!
  • Perfectdiamonds1
    Perfectdiamonds1 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I know the number seems high, but you can do it. My start weight was 227. I can not tell you how much better you will feel. I would hear people say that all the time, "just drop some weight you will feel better." I'm here to tell you, you will. I just wanted to get to under 200 and thought that would be it for me. I set small goals and still not finish. If I can do it, anyone can.
  • firegirley
    firegirley Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    This, just replace 400 with 500 and take out the full marathon part. XD I've only done 5K's.
    [/quote]

"only" done 5K's??? Yikes!! I'd be happy to do a mile w/o stopping right now. I did sign up for a 5k fun run in October so I have time to get in shape for it!