buns of steel

Options
2»

Replies

• paigeslims
    Options
    winsor pilates 20 minute circle workout !
    I love it :)
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I second squats, lunges and deadlifts with heavy weights. Doing them daily is overkill

Also there is an abundance of buns workouts on fitness blender (youtube) and butt bible is also available on youtube
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    I've been doing a TON of squats and lunges with Insanity and I have noticed a huge difference that I'm loving. Only problem is that my knees are starting to hurt from all the high-impact Insanity workouts. Anyone have ideas for reducing knee pain or modifying those movements so that they're still effective but won't bother the knee?

Solution is don't do Insanity. Do weights instead.
  • Anya06
    Anya06 Posts: 95
    Options
    I have found that web site that has free videos and gonna do jillian michaels killer buns as I do like her dvds.:) I really want to get insanity but cant afford over 100 quid for a dvd just now so might ask santa to get it for me ;)
  • bikinisuited
    bikinisuited Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    bump for references!
  • dzarello
    dzarello Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hi all!!! I would like to do more work on my butt....i have finally lost the weight I wanted and toned most of the areas I needed but I would like a rounder bum...anyone out there can advise me on a good dvd work out I can get?:)

Congrats on losing the weight you wanted too!

Just like every other smart person has said, SQUATS, DEADLIFTS, LUNGES, I even seen hill sprints. Do not rely on a dvd workouts. To answer the question, "How heavy of weights?" Start light and build from there. Start with body weight squats and work up. Do multiple sets with high reps. Try single leg squats & deadlifts. Jump squats. Goblet squats with a single dumbbell. When you are comfortable enough, move to Barbell squats & deadlifts. You think you are "tone" now, doing these compound lifts will really "tone" you up.
  • iorahkwano
    iorahkwano Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Youtube "Lift & Tone Booty Routine With Katrina." I tried it yesterday and I felt muscle fatigue in places on my butt that I never felt before! Under the youtube vid, there's a link to the "printable workout."
  • callherbeautyxo
    callherbeautyxo Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Go pick up the Kim Kardashian workout tape for the lower body it really works!!
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Google "butt bible level 1." It will get you a 20 minute workout on Youtube. I have never done it, but I am told it is a killer!
  • _JR_
    _JR_ Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Eat at a slight calorie surplus, do heavy weighted squats, deadlifts and lunges. Hill sprints are good too.

^^^THIS!!! It's funny how everyone feels the need to buy into some overpriced, heavily marketed, "DVD program" hosted by some celebrity fitness trainer, when people in the squat racks with heavy weights have been finding success for decades. Keep it simple, people! Put down the DVD, and pick up the heavy weights!!!
  • LizHowerton
    LizHowerton Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Actually I think butt bible level1 is a breeze...level 2 I feel it......it's free on you tube...my husband says he can tell a difference.
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    lift heavy....squats and deadlifts are great for your butt!
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Actually I think butt bible level1 is a breeze...level 2 I feel it......it's free on you tube...my husband says he can tell a difference.

Okay. Okay. So I am not a Butt Bible expert. At least I was on the right track.
  • Zylahe
    Zylahe Posts: 772 Member
    Options

Okay. Okay. So I am not a Butt Bible expert. At least I was on the right track.

I just did level 2 again this evening.
    I can definatly feel my thighs/ buns feeling better,
    And for me i'm working on getting a stringer butt as it will help protect my kneese when i work up to squats/ lunges/ cardio.