I HATE RUNNING!

Options
123457»

Replies

• greenpointmoni
    Options
    I hate running too. I decided that I needed a different route. I signed up for boxing classes at my gym, then moved on to kickboxing. I love love love it. It really hurts and I feel like I'm going to have a heart attack, but it's so much fun. I suggest finding something you like and doing that. If you have money and a gym, try taking classes. If you don't have either, try some fitness videos on the TV or online. Don't do something you hate, you won't want to do it. But even if you force yourself to continue running, after building tolerance and getting used to it, you might find you begin to enjoy it.
  • falsecho
    falsecho Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I hate running. I hate the struggle, the sweat in my eyes, the wet clothes. I hated the numerous 5ks, half marathons and marathons.
    I do love that I am better, stronger and healthier than yesterday. I love wringing out my clothes of sweat. I embrace the pain as the price of becoming stronger.
  • JoeLouden
    Options
    I've run off and on for over 30 years and I've always hated it. Even when I've enjoyed aspects of it and was really good at it I still always found it way more difficult than it should be. I never run anymore due to the fact that life is too short to be that uncomfortable several times a week and because I have had so many running injuries. I only lift weights, hike, and do plyometrics to stay in shape nowadays and I feel MUCH better. I always look forward to my fun workouts and never skip them because of some lack of "discipline" like when I used to run. Researchers are continually finding out that endurance-type exercise is actually very bad for the human body and causes more problems than it cures. It damages heart tissues, erodes your vital sex hormones, damages joints, causes osteoporosis (at high levels), makes you lose muscle mass, lowers your immune system (at moderate-to-high levels) and can actually cause your body to store fat and increases appetite. No thanks. Doing something you hate for exercise is worse than not exercising.
  • JoeLouden
    Options
    Bottom line: you don't have to run to be in great shape and you will have more success doing something you like, anyway.
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    1Doubt-the_feeling_you_get_after_you_have_run.jpg
  • 311pilgrims
    Options
    I'm working on my relationship with running as well :) I was never into it, tried to avoid it while playing sports, being the slowest one during runs, etc. I love yoga and I like dancing and other forms of cardio but I started running in college for a little bit, slowly but steadily improving my distance to 2 miles (which was amazing for me!). After I moved from campus, I quit running and was recently challenged by my church to participate in a half-marathon. We are raising money for wells to be built in Northwest Kenya (where I just visited this past May incidentally). I signed up and decided there was no turning back! I have been running around 3 times a week and still doing the other exercises I enjoy on other days. I have built myself up because I know I have a deadline! This might be what you need to get motivated! I wouldn't say that I'm in love with running but let me tell you I feel so awesome after a run!!! Its starting to grow on me I believe ;)