Dog lovers...what breed of dog(s) do you have?

Options

Replies

• Katbody10
    Katbody10 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I had a St. Bernard! Lived to be 10.5 years old.. Miss him terribly and will get another Saint one day .. I also would love a Bernese Mountain Dog .. anything 150 lbs or bigger is awesome in my opinion :-)
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    My boy is an adorable 5 year old Golden Retriever, his name is Prince. Also used to have a mutt poodle (1/2 French poodle, 1/2 Japanese Spits) named Chummy but he died way back 2006 at the age of 12, a year before we bought our current pet.

I love them both so much, they're a joy to me especially when coming home stressed from work.
  • wonderiss
    wonderiss Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Family has 6 dogs total. 3 Red Heelers, 1 Border Collie, 1 Miniature Dachshund/Rat Terrier Mix, 1 Rescued Mutt. One of the heelers lives with me full time, J.D. He is my baby! Weighs 65 pounds and is convinced he is a lap dog....and I am perfectly ok with that!
  • lisabruce12
    lisabruce12 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I have a Chi-mix named Daisy!
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    sassy_zps694de1ef.jpg

Sassy, our bad little Boston terrier.

O M G!!!!!!! So cute!!!!!!!

Here's mine:
    24qk6q0.jpg
  • ScottFree_66
    Options
    i have 2 miniature pinschers (dogs pictured with my stepson below)

137-1.jpg
  • ShaniWulffe
    ShaniWulffe Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I have a wonderful widdle whippet named Hannah Banana :) Well, actually, her name is Plumcreek Pompeii Moon Pfyre, but... Yeah, her name is Hannah XD We also had another whippet from the same breeder (you can see them both in my ticker picture) named Colby Cheese (Plumcreek I'm the Prince), but we had to return him because he beat up poor little Hannah
  • neelia
    neelia Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I have two female Yorkies and a male black lab/German Shepherd mix!
  • chatswithpets
    chatswithpets Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    <
    Dory, the Staffy x Cairn Terrier...we think. She's a recycled dog. One day I will have another Rottweiler though, it'd be nice to have a dog that's not quite so stubborn. LOL
  • michelle__b
    michelle__b Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Another Westie lover here! Mine will be 17 on Friday!! Poor thing is deaf as a stump, and can't see much, but she still gets around great, and has a fantastic appetite! She loves my diet, more for her!
  • carebear7951
    carebear7951 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    We had a yellow lab that died last December from cancer..we tried a couple of times this year to get a new dog (a black lab puppy that had some pit in him we think-he tried to eat my youngest children :/ and then a rescue boxer. Neither one worked out (too soon??) and we JUST got a yellow lab puppy named Callie. She's 7 weeks old tomorrow. God help us!!!!!!!!! LOL
  • Tdk4685
    Tdk4685 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I have a German Shepherd named Penny. She was tied up in front of my husbands work one night and left there with her food and name so he brought her home. She is the best dog ever.
    I also have a Lhaso Apso named Max.
  • michelle__b
    michelle__b Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    So sweet!!
  • almcneal
    almcneal Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I have my own little mini zoo that includes 4 dogs:

My senior citizen named Cindy, who is my 14+ year old Shar Pei
    My obnoxious rescue named Sweetie Pie, who is my 5 year old Pit Bull
    My teenie little salt and pepper puppy, who is my 4+ year old black and white Shih tzu
    My annoying little cotton ball, who is my 4+ year old Malte-poo (Maltese, poodle)

They all have very different personalities, but manage to get along, so I couldn't ask for anything more.

I absolutely love the craziness they add to my life.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Black lab/shepherd mix, and a rat terrier. :smile: Here they are playing in an irrigation ditch last summer.

8222158927_ba808292f2.jpg
    IMG_4043
  • rompers16
    rompers16 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Options
    We're not sure...some kind of shepard mix

2vifbch.jpg
  • cmacgray89
    Options
    I have one mutt who is my baby...a Razors edge Pit bull and she has a litter of 8 puppies. We are keeping one male who's name is Jax and is already so so so smart. :)
  • rosesigil
    rosesigil Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I had German Shepherd Dogs, a sister and brother who passed over the Rainbow Bridge three years ago at a reasonable age for the breed. They were my best friends, I loved them, and I miss them so much. I'm going to get another Shepherd pup in the Spring. Hope he gets along with all my cats!! Shephers are so beautiful, big, and they will love you with all their hearts!
  • laurenkeh
    laurenkeh Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    We're not sure...some kind of shepard mix

2vifbch.jpg

Beautiful!

My Jazz is very very similar with a ridge down her back. Always wondered what she was too..... we just write ridgeback x but shes a mixer :)
  • Jerrielynn
    Options
    I have a 10 year old Yellow Lab who is a trip! What a personality. Drove us nuts the first year but she is the best dog in the world. Wish I could rescue a few more but she likes to be queen of the house. Don't know what I am going to do when something happens to her.