Examples of Body Fat % for men. With Pics

Options

Replies

• n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    I want to be around 5-6 %

You can't hold that condition for more than a few days. Most guys can't even get to 7-8% without feeling like crap.

Yeah a true 10% leaves most feeling tired, sore, and hungry all the time.

Maybe I will reconsider in that case, (I think I'm around 11-12% at the moment)

A lot depends on genetics, but when you feel your libido take a dip, it's time to sound the alarm.

I'm man enough to admit that during my dip into 10%ish body fat (done running like 5-7 miles/day and lifting 5x per week and eating about 2000 cals/day, which is just STUPID for me) my libido was no where to be found. I'd go a week between even having a desire. This was at 24 y/o...

Your testosterone levels go into the toilet during a prolonged calorie defecit (made worse if a large deficit).
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

You can't hold that condition for more than a few days. Most guys can't even get to 7-8% without feeling like crap.

A lot depends on genetics, but when you feel your libido take a dip, it's time to sound the alarm.

If you are married, then libido is much more important any BF% :laugh:
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options

I'm man enough to admit that during my dip into 10%ish body fat (done running like 5-7 miles/day and lifting 5x per week and eating about 2000 cals/day, which is just STUPID for me) my libido was no where to be found. I'd go a week between even having a desire. This was at 24 y/o...

Your testosterone levels go into the toilet during a prolonged calorie defecit (made worse if a large deficit).

Yep, I've been there too. Scared the crap out of me, lol.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Options

I've heard that bodybuilders in the end stages of prep for a contest are more interested in pictures of food than of nude women.
  • AimersBee
    AimersBee Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    i like the 15% on men.. :)
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options

Yes.

Men, please please please don't lose your libido.
  • cedarghost
    cedarghost Posts: 621 Member
    Options

I've heard that bodybuilders in the end stages of prep for a contest are more interested in pictures of food than of nude women.

lol
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Great thread.
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    The one for women is better because it has boobs on it. I've seen this before and the photos 20 and 25 do seem to bookend what I see in the mirror and the 23% my body fat monitor reads.
  • SNP1008
    SNP1008 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this!
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options

How sad. Please tell me they have psychologists working on that after their contests lol
  • ImprovingEla
    ImprovingEla Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    omg from where I am at this moment, I would be happy to look even close like the girl in the 30% pic!
  • grammysboy
    grammysboy Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    body-fat-percentage-women.jpg

25% looks pretty damn good to me :bigsmile:

HEY...I think one of these (30%) is my WIFE!!! You guys quit looking!!!
  • MikeRuz1
    Options
    Great thread, good pictures to show the comparisons
  • MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    3-4% is VASCULAR THAN A M***********

I wish there were a good example of these for women. :(

there is, i just cant remeber where!!! but its hard to compare yourself too because of different body types/ shapes...but it helps in the way i guess...cause alot of girls think theure bigger than they really are!

ok, ooops someone posted it already. like im apparently 20.8% and i really dont think i look like that! lol. but ill take it!
  • holeshottdr
    holeshottdr Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    15% looks good to me. Maximum - maybe a little less. You gotta work pretty hard to get 10% or less I'm thinking.
    I can't imagine spending any more time in the gym than I already do (about an hour a day, 5-6 days a week)

10% isn't all that difficult for most males, with proper diet, training, and patience.

The biggest issue most males face is thinking that they're going to get the body they're dreaming of after the first time they lose fat, without ever spending any time building muscle.

^^ This ^^ along with not realizing just how low their actual body weight is going to be once they get there. It's even worse without proper weight training.
  • CynthiaElise
    CynthiaElise Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    My reaction to 3-4%

6prlw2.gif
  • Chief_Rocka
    Options

How sad. Please tell me they have psychologists working on that after their contests lol

It's nothing that a few post-contest trips to the buffet can't fix.
  • aweigh2go
    aweigh2go Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Leaving 30% heading to 10% with stops at 15 and 12% along the way.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

I'll bet that's true!