Replies

• moksumike
    moksumike Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Middangeard
    Middangeard Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Body fat percentage is really nothing to consider without some sort of muscular foundation with it. The lower body fat percentages shown here happen to have guys with great muscle.

A picture, showing 1 guy at varying body fat stages while maintaining the same lean body mass would be a better comparison.

Exactly.... the pictures look SOOOO much better than I do at the same bf%.
  • RegalSeagull
    Options
    As someone without a lot of muscle. Those charts don't help too much.
    http://dakd0cjsv8wfa.cloudfront.net/images/photos/687/744/21687744_5246.jpg pic of me
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Body fat percentage is really nothing to consider without some sort of muscular foundation with it. The lower body fat percentages shown here happen to have guys with great muscle.

A picture, showing 1 guy at varying body fat stages while maintaining the same lean body mass would be a better comparison.

Exactly.... the pictures look SOOOO much better than I do at the same bf%.

Except for the super-low-fat ones. Those are just gross.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I'm at 19, but look more like 25. Ugh!
  • tgh1914
    tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    :noway: Could guy number two even get to look like guy number one? It seems like his frame is much smaller but I am probably wrong.

He absolutely could, it would take a couple of years of muscle building.
    a couple? I'm guessing that's at least 3 years of work, unless he's pubescent or on juice.
  • wewon
    wewon Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    3-4% is VASCULAR THAN A M***********

I wish there were a good example of these for women. :(
    body-fat-percentage-women.jpg
    Well to be honest I like the 30% more

Ditto.

30% for women is HAWT!!
  • FrankWorsley
    FrankWorsley Posts: 106 Member
    Options

True

10-percent-body-fat-male-pictures1.jpg

This is a great thread. The pictures show an obvious difference in appearance. Can we tell which one has the best health?
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    For the millionth time (these pictures get brought up routinely), the 25 and 30% women have clearly hourglass figures and are going to carry their body fat better than 9/10 women. The women one should come with a body shape disclaimer.
  • tgh1914
    tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    For the millionth time (these pictures get brought up routinely), the 25 and 30% women have clearly hourglass figures and are going to carry their body fat better than 9/10 women. The women one should come with a body shape disclaimer.
    There are all kinds of factors that affect the perception - skeletal structure, height, shape of the muscles, where they tend to carry fat, even flexing vs not flexing can make a difference in appearance by a couple %s. But it still gives a pretty good guide in general for those that haven't seen it before.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    There are all kinds of factors that affect the perception - skeletal structure, height, shape of the muscles, where they tend to carry fat, even flexing vs not flexing can make a difference in appearance by a couple %s. But it still gives a pretty good guide in general for those that haven't seen it before.

*sigh* I know I just feel this particular set of pictures give women unrealistic expectations.
  • transvenouspacer
    transvenouspacer Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    For the record, I think all the guys in the original pic are hot except for 3-4% and the last 3 pics.

Also quick question: are these body fat percentages closer to a standard body fat calculator or closer to military calculations? For instance, my body fat % right now is 26% using a standard calc and 36% using the military calc. I look more like the women who are 25-30% in these pics. I want to be at about 22-24%.

I'm a pear shape BTW.
  • beduffbrickie
    beduffbrickie Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    love this thread, on how people view them selves and where they want to be.
  • wildfirediva
    Options
    Body-Fat-Percentage-Hot-Celebrities1.jpg

thin_women.jpg
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options

True

10-percent-body-fat-male-pictures1.jpg

This is a great thread. The pictures show an obvious difference in appearance. Can we tell which one has the best health?

Not just by looking at the pictures. All other things being equal, the diet/training that #1 had to engage in to achieve that physique has likely left him with better health markers.
  • VelvetAcidVixen
    Options
    Personally I like my body at around 20%, but my boyfriend prefers me closer to 25%... and he probably wouldn't even mind terribly much if I went up close to 30%. Because I'm an hour glass I can hide extra weight pretty well. Even still, I prefer to be on the leaner side because my upper thighs slim down to the size I like, and I get more definition between the butt and thigh... but I do take a cup size hit, much to my boyfriend's dismay. haha
  • nonstopper
    nonstopper Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    i want to be 6 or 7% !!
  • jmeyer925
    jmeyer925 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    If only you could choose where your fat goes on your body! :laugh:
  • AverageUkDude
    AverageUkDude Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    If only you could choose where your fat goes on your body! :laugh:

Yes id rather have back boobs than man boobs.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Damn I wish there was a picture between 17-20% because i am definitely smaller thant 20 and definitely larger than 15-17% picture. MANNNNNN :(