How did you meet? where do you find a date?

Options
Single for almost two years now.... Think its about time I start dating again... Other than online dating sites how do I get started?

Replies

• ohmelgosh79
    ohmelgosh79 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    @tfowler: take a class or join some sort of club. meetme.com is a good place to get started with that.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    I like to watch a woman for a few months and start referring to her as my girlfriend before I approach her.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I like to watch a woman for a few months and start referring to her as my girlfriend before I approach her.

It worked on me. *swoon*
  • Show_Stopper
    Show_Stopper Posts: 656 Member
    Options

It worked on me. *swoon*

me too
  • tfowler306
    Options
    Youre 39 years old and don't know where to find a date? :huh:

I was married for 14 years... I worked and went home to my family
  • Chief_Rocka
    Options

It worked on me. *swoon*

me too

^^^see?
  • ambate2
    Options
    Don't be put off by online dating. My husband and I met on Match.com almost 4yrs ago and have been together ever since. I also have a friend who met her husband on eHarmony about 7 yrs ago.
  • RubyRed8067
    Options
    I met my fiance on Facebook. We actually grew up together, but reconnected through FB. Have been dating for 3 years.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same predicament (kinda). Was married, am now divorced and am a single mother with (pretty much) full custody. I work, take care of my kids & work out. THE END! :)

I agree, it's hard, and I have NO idea how to meet people? I tend to shy away from online dating, but others have had great successes. It's tough, I don't know what to tell you.

If I knew, I probably wouldn't be single either :)
  • muffle1969
    muffle1969 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I met my husband at an adult sci-fi/fantasy convention, purely by accident. He made a conscious decision after his divorce that he would put himself in situations he'd previously not experienced, such as conventions, cuddle parties, meetups, etc. He met a lot of nice people that way, and he met me. :) I wish you the best of luck!
  • Tracy_03311981
    Options
    :explode:
    Youre 39 years old and don't know where to find a date? :huh:

Really is this comment appropriate?
    I have been single for three years and it's hard to find someone considering most of us work full time. I work full time, am in graduate school and just about have enough time for me.
    You have a better idea? Are us single people supposed to go out to a bar and meet someone? Last time I checked going out to a bar to meet someone isn't the best idea.
    Church? I'm not religious
    Online Dating? Not as easy as you think
    Grocery Store? Any ideas on how to "meet" someone here

Don't make inappropriate comments unless you have walked in our shoes
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I met my husband at an adult sci-fi/fantasy convention, purely by accident. He made a conscious decision after his divorce that he would put himself in situations he'd previously not experienced, such as conventions, cuddle parties, meetups, etc. He met a lot of nice people that way, and he met me. :) I wish you the best of luck!

wtf is a "cuddle party" ?
  • awesome_inferno
    awesome_inferno Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Stay single. Too many gypsies, tramps, and thieves out there!
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    Try the NC17 group.
  • Cupcakehippiemommy
    Cupcakehippiemommy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Why not try some kind of fitness (kickboxing,spinning class etc) or cooking class? Food and nutrition would be something to have in common right?Good luck dude!
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    I have a similar history to you. I got married when I was 22 and was married for 6 years, so when we split I didn't know where to start. Don't ignore the online option, I met my boyfriend on okcupid.com and we've been together since March and couldn't be happier! Best of luck to you!
  • Chief_Rocka
    Options

wtf is a "cuddle party" ?

and why haven't I been to one?
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Go do stuff you love! The most attractive trait in my opinion is passion. Someone who is happy, and doing what they love, glows like a damn lighthouse on a gloomy day.

Also friends of friends, parties, just get there and be yourself.
  • lostsouls65
    lostsouls65 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    We met in a bar in Turkey.................stayed in touch and the rest is history
  • sed1217
    sed1217 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I met my husband on a dating site. It's a nice option for meeting people outside of your traditional social circles. I went on some dud dates before I met him, though, so be persistent!