How did you meet? where do you find a date?

Options
1235»

Replies

• keithmustloseweight
    Options
    Stay single. Too many gypsies, tramps, and thieves out there!

you had me at "tramps", unless you're referring to hobos. then you lost me.

Tramps don't like to be called hobos, and hobos don't like to be called tramps. Just ask any self respecting hobo or tramp
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I met my first husband at a party and met my good husband at a fund raiser meeting. We were military and our respective commanders assigned us the additional duty. Twenty years later, I can say it's worked out well! :smile:

Pick something you're interested in (and that women like) and get more into it! Church, running, tennis, and dancing are possibilities. When I taught country western dance classes, at least a couple of men reported women seeking them out. They would return to their table to find beers lined up from potential partners. If you go the dance route, please keep a light touch with your hands and don't try to dance too close. I never gave a second dance if I was "man-handled."

Prayer is helpful, too. My brother had three wives before he admitted to God he couldn't pick 'em and asked God to take over. It's been quite a few years now, and he's still praising God for his excellent wife!

Good luck and God bless!
  • muffle1969
    muffle1969 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I met my husband at an adult sci-fi/fantasy convention, purely by accident. He made a conscious decision after his divorce that he would put himself in situations he'd previously not experienced, such as conventions, cuddle parties, meetups, etc. He met a lot of nice people that way, and he met me. :) I wish you the best of luck!

wtf is a "cuddle party" ?

See www.cuddleparty.com
  • sarahg148
    sarahg148 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    It's difficult to find somebody that you connect with. I've also been single now for over 2 years. Went on a few dates here and there...mostly from match.com, but haven't found anybody exclusive yet. You do have to make a conscious effort to get out more and expand your social circle. Put it out there to friends and family that you're looking to meet somebody. Eventually it'll work out. It HAS to, right??? :flowerforyou:
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    There are rules to the cuddle parties. Must. Obey.

http://www.cuddleparty.com/rules/
  • fittiephd
    fittiephd Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I imagine that it will happen when the time is right. I met my boyfriend of 4 years on the very first day of college, he was assigned to be my orientation leader! It was fate I guess!
  • mc1217
    mc1217 Posts: 108 Member
    Options

People always tell me they "met someone in a grocery store" wtf? how does that even work? All I ever see are a) the women of the family shopping or b) the men with their family, looking bored as ****.........

^^^That *kitten* gets said to me also & I have the same response! Ughhh :grumble:
  • elevatorguy925
    Options
    Don't sell online connections short, you will have to weed through some people to find a decent person.
    I never thought it was a good idea at first, but have had success. avoid meat market sights, usually free BTW.
    I had good luck on match.com and Eharmony, Don't be in a hurry, it will happen.
    I have had success and I am a bit older than you are. lol
  • queenpushycat
    queenpushycat Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    lol good question. I want to find a date too.. been single for a while now
  • jonjo1978
    Options
    yeah dating again would be nice
  • maz_z
    maz_z Posts: 55
    Options
    i met my partner through work :/ but it turns out we actually are in a few of the same car clubs.

i think you just need to get out there and find something you enjoy, join a club or group for it and go from there :)