Cinnamon Apple *Detox* Spa Water!

Options

Replies

• Cherbear67
    Cherbear67 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Thanks.. It's helping me get more water down.. Not that I need it... I drink about 160 ounces each day.. lol
  • charityann76
    Options
    thank you for sharing this I am going to have to try this I have tried cucumber water before but wasn't a big fan. I think this will help when having a craving for apple pie. Thanks again.
  • savingherlife
    savingherlife Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    Apple and Cinnamon are well known to heighten your metabolism.

they are?

apple and cinnamon water sounds tasty but it will have no effect on metabolism
  • AmiC0717
    AmiC0717 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I am not normally an apple eater but I like things like applesauce and the flavor of apples. I am sick of plain water too so I think I am going to give this a try. Thanks for sharing! I've found quite a bit on Pintrest myself but somehow missed this one!
  • Nickle526
    Nickle526 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    This sounds really interesesting. I will have to try this!
  • dawn1801
    dawn1801 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    bump
  • faithchange
    faithchange Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • breeZrizi
    breeZrizi Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    BUMP :)
  • campi_mama
    campi_mama Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Mango & ginger is also a nice combo. I'll give the apple cinnamon a try, thanks!
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Im not entirely sure its sugar free. If youre getting the flavor from the apple, whats to say youre not getting some natural sugar from it as well?

I agree. And it has nothing to do with "detoxing" your system.
  • hatravers
    hatravers Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    bump
  • amyb1654
    Options
    Thanks, Going to try this today.
  • mickeymouse38
    mickeymouse38 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    bump
  • nasreenbaby
    Options
    Okay, I do not want to be negative but I wonder if some one can help with this.

I made this water and it tasted great. The only problem was that I finished the water and filled it and finished that but I noticed my throat got REALLY dry. Later that night I could not sleep. My throat felt like sand paper and so itchy. No amount of regular water I drank would help and the next day I had a very sore throat.

Am I the only one who had this problem? What was I doing wrong?

The lemon, cucumber and mint one was fine though and really tasty although I would rather just eat them as is or in a salad because I already drink a lot of water each day.
  • bet3120
    bet3120 Posts: 125
    Options
    While browsing pinterest - pinaddict - one day I stumbled upon a pin that was described as a Detox Spa Water so I decided I'd give it a try!

Core two small apples, whichever kind you prefer, and slice them up and put them into a 2L jug with two cinnamon sticks. Fill the jug halfway with ice and then fill the rest with water. (I like to leave mine in the fridge over night so the flavor circulates longer).

To my surprise, it was delicious, it tastes a bit like apple pie but ZERO calories! (Unless you eat the apple from the bottom afterwards ;))

I've been drinking it the past week and I've felt a huge change in my body. Apple and Cinnamon are well known to heighten your metabolism.

For all you who are not a fan of drinking water, try this! It's a healthy, natural, sugar free way to add flavor to your water.

(I've also tried boiling the apple and cinnamon before putting it in my jug, it really releases the flavor more!)

i used this about three weeks ago, i found that too in pinterest , that's changes a lot on me, a part a love apple and cinnamon:love:
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I do a similar thing with cinnamon sticks, orange or clementine peels, and seltzer water. Great way to use those peels!
  • kellyallday
    kellyallday Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    While browsing pinterest - pinaddict - one day I stumbled upon a pin that was described as a Detox Spa Water so I decided I'd give it a try!

Core two small apples, whichever kind you prefer, and slice them up and put them into a 2L jug with two cinnamon sticks. Fill the jug halfway with ice and then fill the rest with water. (I like to leave mine in the fridge over night so the flavor circulates longer).

To my surprise, it was delicious, it tastes a bit like apple pie but ZERO calories! (Unless you eat the apple from the bottom afterwards ;))

I've been drinking it the past week and I've felt a huge change in my body. Apple and Cinnamon are well known to heighten your metabolism.

For all you who are not a fan of drinking water, try this! It's a healthy, natural, sugar free way to add flavor to your water.

(I've also tried boiling the apple and cinnamon before putting it in my jug, it really releases the flavor more!)
    The texture stays the same as natural water! Unless you're planning on mashing your apples, it should stay this way :)

I drink about 3-4 cups of this a day.

You can keep refilling the jug 4-5 times, always halfway with ice, and then I'd suggest dumping the apple & cinnamon, washing the container and doing it all over again! :)

Sounds promising.. BUMP
  • kyrious87
    kyrious87 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Definitely going to try this soon! =]
  • chrst793
    chrst793 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    bump