I really needed ideas. Great recipes. Bump
  • amesnc
    amesnc Posts: 32
    Options
    Bump
  • fitinyoga14
    fitinyoga14 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    i'm a hard-core fan of flat-out pizza. i'm pretty sure i make it every friday. lol!

i just thought of another quick low-cal meal! its not homemade, but sometimes i pick up a sushi platter from the grocery store on the way home. (i go to costco or heinen's) the whole platter will feed a family (4 or 5 pieces per person), requires no cooking/heating/side dishes, has different ones to choose from, and is balanced. low-cal, and filling!

the prawn stir-fry idea sounds great! i've made something similar to this before, however it was not a quick meal what-so-ever becuase i had to chop veggies, stir-fry them, thaw the prawns, cook them, and mix some sauce. i'm sure buying already-cooked prawns and veggies would be a lot easier!
  • Suzanita
    Suzanita Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    Options
    These sound delicious!
  • mojo513
    mojo513 Posts: 1
    Options
    Love these! Bumpty-bump :drinker:
  • aclarem
    aclarem Posts: 12
    Options
    bumping this for later as well.... saw this a week or two ago... must...try...these...recipes! (or get the cook in the fam to try them, LOL)
  • Megooo19
    Megooo19 Posts: 199
    Options
    Tonight for dinner I made stuffed zucchini and they were delicious and filling and only 322 calories per zucchini.

Need:
    2 zucchinis
    8 oz. ground turkey 99% lean
    1/4 onion
    1 jalapeno
    1 medium egg
    1/4 cup Mozzarella cheese
    1/2 cup Fire Roasted Tomato and Garlic Spaghetti Sauce
    1 Sarah Lee 80 calories and delightful wheat hot dog buns

Directions:
    Cut the zucchinis in half and scrape out the seeds to make them into boats. Cook the turkey, onion and jalapeno in a frying pan. Take the hot dog bun and break it into crumbs in a bowl, add the egg and stir. Add half of the cheese and the 1/2 cup of spaghetti sauce, stir. Once everything is cooked add it to the bowl and stir everything together. Then stuff the zucchini and bake in a pan for about 30 minutes at 350 degrees, covered. Uncover and add the rest of the cheese, cook for another 5-10 minutes and dinner is done!

I'm not a cook at all...I once burnt spaghetti but this turned out great so anyone can do it!
  • hawkeye01
    hawkeye01 Posts: 162
    Options
    Bump
  • Tandriahall
    Options
    bump
  • midwife10
    midwife10 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    bump......mmmmmmmm!:love:
  • TekkieMom
    TekkieMom Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    This is my first post ever, I've just started "THE DIET" :smile: but the dinner I made tonight was so good, I decided to brave the forum. Now.. this is NOT under 300, but it could be if you omitted the steak. Honestly, it was the best meal and I finally felt like I had had enough to eat at dinner -- and I have been really hungry ;) Hope this is helpful to somebody!

Steak & Shrimp Stiry Fry
    Frozen Vegetables - Asian Medley, 1 Cup 50
    Extra Virgin Olive Oil - ¼ tbsp 30
    Beef - Sirloin Steak - Lean Only, Grilled, 3 oz 158
    Shrimp - 6 medium 38 (I used frozen)
    Minute Rice - White Rice ½ cup cooked 100
    Kikkoman - Teriaki Sauce, 1 Tbsp 15
    Coffee With Skim Milk (3tb) - Brewed @ Home, 8 oz 17 0

Total Calories: 408
    Without Steak: 250

Next time I would omit the Teriaki sauce because of the really high sodium content.
    This would have been good w/o the rice too.
    Good way to use leftover steak b/c you couldn't justify eating the whole thing the night before :wink:

851040.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • angelwings2000
    angelwings2000 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    We had shish-ke-bobs on the grill tonight. I used beef and alot of fresh veggies, mushrooms, red & yellow peppers, onions, zuchin, tomatoes and they were amazing. Quite low cal and could be even more so by using chicken. I brushed them with a little Chipotle Pomegranate Sauce.......yummy.
  • tmsskaj7
    tmsskaj7 Posts: 1
    Options
    Bump for later...yummy recipes!
  • maeday9
    maeday9 Posts: 1
    Options
    This recipe sounds amazing, I was just wondering if the calorie count you listed was for 1 kabob?
    Maple Glazed Pork and Apple Kebabs.

Need:
    2-3 Mac apples
    3 tbsp pure maple syrup
    12oz of centre cut pork loin de-fatted
    Bamboo skewers.

Cut the pork into approx 1inch cubes.
    Add the pork to 2 tbsp of maple sugar in a bowl, coat them and let them sit for a half an hour or so or overnight.
    Cut your apples into cubes as well.
    Put on skewers alternating apple and pork. (1.5 oz of pork each skewer approx.) - will make about 8
    Place skewers on a broiling pan or baking sheet.
    Dilute 1 tbsp of maple syrup with approx 1 tsp of water.
    Baste each skewer.

Cook at 350 until cooked through, approx 15 minutes.

Calories 101 Sodium 0 mg
    Total Fat 3 g Potassium 0 mg
    Saturated 0 g Total Carbs 11 g
    Trans 0 g Protein 9 g
    Cholesterol 0 mg

And then add a nice spinach salad with blueberries, raspberries and some cut up clementines and a handfull of walnuts! Done!
    [/quote]
  • Hoosiermomma
    Hoosiermomma Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ToughMudderAddict
    ToughMudderAddict Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    mmm bump!
  • amillionmegs
    amillionmegs Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    bump! wow this is so helpful!
  • SammyLynn010
    SammyLynn010 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Thanks to amillionmegs ... I am having my first bump, and it is SUCH good one.

Thank you all for all these great ideas!!! =)