Diet Pills???

Options
I eat healthy and try my best to exersize but cant seem to get the results that I want, I was wondering if anyone has used any weight loss pills that they would recomend to someone who wants to lose between 10-20 lbs.

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Pills don't work. Eating healthy doesn't equal weight loss. Track your calories and set a budget.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Stop "trying your best to excerise" and start doing it for real....Diet pills don't work - there is no easy way.... it's called the real world....
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    How long have you been counting calories and working out? What are your food choices? What do you do for exercise and how often and how long?

I'm not sure I buy your "I'm doing everything right but not seeing results" line unless I can see what exactly what you are doing. Diet pills will not work long term. Once you stop them, you will gain all your weight back if you don't have healthy and active routines already in place.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Pills don't work. Eating healthy doesn't equal weight loss. Track your calories and set a budget.
    THIS

You're a the wrong site to ask about 'quick result' diet pills...don't be surprised if you get blasted for asking...
  • Kimjanebrooks
    Kimjanebrooks Posts: 253 Member
    Options

This.

If diet pills worked noone would be overweight.
  • pitbullmama
    pitbullmama Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Short answer: NO!
  • Car0lynnM
    Car0lynnM Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    No diet pills. Set a calorie limit that gives you a deficit, stick to it, and exercise. There is no easy way out.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    There is no quick fix.

You didn't gain the weight overnight. You're not going to lose it overnight.
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Keep your money.
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    No
    :angry:
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options

This.

They do work, they increase your metabolism. Thus more calories burned and so if below maintenance more energy in the form of fat has the possibility of being burned.

In terms of the pill burning fat, a supplement would have to uncouple oxidative phosphorylation by carrying protons across the mitochondrial membrane, leading to a rapid consumption of energy without generation of ATP.

No legal diet pills for obvious reasons (if you understand the above) will do the above - it would generate heat and cause massive sweating and would be dangerous for the main populace to use since often people think more = better when infact more would = death.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Short answer: NO!

Long answer: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

This.

They do work, they increase your metabolism. Thus more calories burned and so if below maintenance more energy in the form of fat has the possibility of being burned.

In terms of the pill burning fat, a supplement would have to uncouple oxidative phosphorylation by carrying protons across the mitochondrial membrane, leading to a rapid consumption of energy without generation of ATP.

No legal diet pills for obvious reasons (if you understand the above) will do the above - it would generate heat and cause massive sweating and would be dangerous for the main populace to use since often people think more = better when infact more would = death.

Interestingly enough, there is a compound that does exactly that, although it's relatively easy to OD on it
  • Melaniec78
    Melaniec78 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I have had high blood pressure for 12 years and had to go thru all kinds of hoops and Cardiologist testing to get prescribed phentermine. I only took them a month because I lost 14 lbs the first 2 weeks and then nothing (not a drop more) and I already knew THANKFULLY how to eat decent. They made me feel like crap, couldn't function at work and now surprise surprise I have heart palpitations that feel horrible. I never had them before and recently learned have to take heart rate lowering medication the rest of my life now (which makes exercising a challenge now). I blame no one but myself. My doctors just checked me thouroughly and did what I asked. I am not going to lie the easy way out is tempting and if I wasn't scared to die I would try them again just to get over this 2 lbs up and down I have been facing for weeks. But overall I know they are not worth it.

Another story I have a friend who did the phentermine and lost a bunch of weight over a few months (I was jealous hence the reason I was on a mission to try it) She is now gaining the weight back faster than ever because she did not learn proper eating or exercise habits, and the doctor won't give her more because she is not the high bmi required for a prescription... yet. She is on MFP now and learning lasting habits that I hope will work for her.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options

This.

Interestingly enough, there is a compound that does exactly that, although it's relatively easy to OD on it

raspberry ketones?
  • guardian419
    guardian419 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    just break up
  • BritneysStuntDouble
    Options
    Take the blue pill.
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    You can eat healthfully and still have an incredibly high caloric intake. Nuts, avocados, fruit juices, smoothies, whole grain pastas and breads are all healthful, but if your diet consists of mostly that and you're not offsetting their calories with exercise (and/or you're not incorporating low-calorie healthy foods), you're not going to lose weight.

You've just joined. Use your food diary every day - even when you screw up. Exercise, even if it's just a 20 minute walk every day) and log it in your diary too. See what happens. Sometimes you're not eating as healthfully or moving around as much as you thought you were.
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    Take the blue pill.

honey, i told you there is no need for that:blushing: