why do guys wear those workout gloves?

Options

Replies

• downinaggieland98
    downinaggieland98 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I wear them (I'm obv a girl) to keep my hands from getting destroyed by the bar when lifting heavy weights. It's definitely not a fashion thing ;)

This.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options

I didn't realize I looked dumb squatting with gloves on. I put them on when I leave the locker room and take them off when I'm completely done. Then again, I also wear a mouth guard and those hideous VS shoes. God, I must be a sight.

lol. don't worry, i've totally caught myself squatting or on the leg press machine still wearing my lifting gloves.

I put my gloves on when I get to the gym, and take them off in the car. To constantly put them on and take them off seems fussy to me.

try wearing a bra
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    motivational-poster-battlestar-galactica-no-phasers-small.jpeg

unless all those bombs are nuclear, I don't understand how you have explosions in space without oxygen? Nuclear I would understand because of the fission, but would BSG really shoot off hundreds of nuclear bombs so haphazardly?

first, it is a tv show, so some poetic license is allowed.

however, it is proven that explosions can happen in space, such as bullets, bombs, and engine thrusters. the fuel/ignition source has enough oxygen in it to allow for that to happen.
  • Countryboy_
    Options
    They match my purse

I saw some matching strappy high heels at Sears that I am going to send you....
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    I feel more exposed and harassed right now about BSG than I've ever felt on this site about my diet or fitness choices.

YOU PEOPLE ARE SO MEAN!!!!

Don't feel too bad, BSG is way over-rated. Don't get me wrong, I liked the original when I was a kid, and I like Star Trek and Star Wars, but the new BSG wasn't all that.

Edited to add: And please, for the love of naked mole rats, the show has been dead for years...can you people PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE STOP saying "Frak"!!

OMG! IS THAT WHERE ALL THAT STUPID "Frak" crap came from?!!!
    NOW I HATE THAT SHOW! WITH A VENGEANCE!

big-bang-theory-star-trek-battlestar-galactica.PNG

Which reminds me I hate everyone that watches that show too.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Options
    I feel more exposed and harassed right now about BSG than I've ever felt on this site about my diet or fitness choices.

YOU PEOPLE ARE SO MEAN!!!!

Don't feel too bad, BSG is way over-rated. Don't get me wrong, I liked the original when I was a kid, and I like Star Trek and Star Wars, but the new BSG wasn't all that.

Edited to add: And please, for the love of naked mole rats, the show has been dead for years...can you people PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE STOP saying "Frak"!!

OMG! IS THAT WHERE ALL THAT STUPID "Frak" crap came from?!!!
    NOW I HATE THAT SHOW! WITH A VENGEANCE!

big-bang-theory-star-trek-battlestar-galactica.PNG

Which reminds me I hate everyone that watches that show too.

hate is a very strong word.
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    Options

unless all those bombs are nuclear, I don't understand how you have explosions in space without oxygen? Nuclear I would understand because of the fission, but would BSG really shoot off hundreds of nuclear bombs so haphazardly?

however, it is proven that explosions can happen in space, such as bullets, bombs, and engine thrusters. the fuel/ignition source has enough oxygen in it to allow for that to happen.

Oye. Nuclear explosions obviously, which I stated. Also, the engine thrusters are USING oxygen pre-supplied. Are you saying that BSG uses bombs that come with oxygen tanks so they can create flames? Seems like a laser would be far more efficient.
  • flabbyjay
    flabbyjay Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I only wear them on the elyptical.. That bish can get away from a mutha!!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Options

Oye. Nuclear explosions obviously, which I stated. Also, the engine thrusters are USING oxygen pre-supplied. Are you saying that BSG uses bombs that come with oxygen tanks so they can create flames? Seems like a laser would be far more efficient.

no lasers in the show.

there is enough oxygen in a bullet/bomb/missle to allow for an explosion.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options

... lol yes... firing solution pods... ;)
  • Strobins05
    Options
    I only wear them on the elyptical.. That bish can get away from a mutha!!

LMBO, funny!:laugh:
  • xMonroeMisfit
    xMonroeMisfit Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    also yeah callouses on girls.. not good under the covers.

THIS. Exactly.

Not everyone is the same as you. I don't comment on the people who DON'T wear gloves. It's up to the individual whether or not they want calloused hands or not.
  • CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    we are taught at a young age to always wear a glove before busting a sweat!!!!!
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    Options

no lasers in the show.

But is there adequate oxygen for complete reaction? There would need to be a lot of compressed oxygen or it would be more like fire crackers.
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    Options

... lol yes... firing solution pods... ;)

I'm reporting you for hijacking this thread.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Options
    no lasers in the show.

But is there adequate oxygen for complete reaction? There would need to be a lot of compressed oxygen or it would be more like fire crackers.

look, it's a show. an awesome show, but a fictional show. you've never watched a cop show where they get DNA results after a few mouse clicks??

like i said, you need a little stretch of the imagination.
  • Siege_Tank
    Siege_Tank Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Probably cause they don't want calluses. I don't wear gloves and haven't even been using chalk, but if someone else wants to, why the ef would I care.

^^ This. I hate chalk, and I still get calluses with it. I like having hands that don't feel like sandpaper.
  • curlyclo
    curlyclo Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    It isn't about aesthetics for me. I actually don't mind calluses, but I wear them because they really do help me with sweat, slip & grip, and there's no chalk at my gym. I don't wear them when I use my personal weights at home, because they are neoprene covered so I can grip them better.
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    Options
    no lasers in the show.

look, it's a show. an awesome show, but a fictional show. you've never watched a cop show where they get DNA results after a few mouse clicks??

That's silly. No one actually does DNA tests. The police just frame whomever they want.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    no lasers in the show.

What!!! Wha???? It's not real??? Like, you're serious and not just trying to be mean on the internet. It's not real???

Well...Frak!!!