I'm 5/4 how much do I need to weigh for a thigh gap?

Options

Replies

• lina011
    lina011 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    A thigh gap" mmmmmmmmmm um ill never have one , its never crossed my mind
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    Just walk around like you're in the wild west.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    What the H IS a thigh gap? I thought I knew but think I've been confused.

when your ankles are touching and there is a gap between your thighs, sometimes knees too
  • Kristen_nicole95
    Kristen_nicole95 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    dont-feed-the-troll-1316286463763399354.jpeg

tumblr_me5xp4j8Pa1rbhva8o1_400.gif
  • RavenHershey0107
    Options
    I am 5'6" and 145lbs and I have a thigh gap (I hate it and have never thought it was attractive on anyone). They seem to be "in style" for all the young, vainity driven teens girls who only care about appearance. It is pretty sad to me when I see young females try to convince themselves that it is ok to starve themselves and get to an unhealthy low weight just to impress others. I just hope they learn their lesson before its to late.
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    RavenHersh, don't be hating on yourself! You are who you are - as you said, many women aspire to have one!

I too have the gap, and it showed up when I hit around the 140 mark. I also have narrow hips, so I can't figure out that part ouit. My thighs are thin, but not scrawny.

Whatever - I'm not gonna ask questions. I'm just gonna enjoy rocking those skinny jeans...
  • RoadsterGirlie
    Options
    Congrats on your 125 lb loss, btw! I know what you mean about never going back...
  • shauna121211
    shauna121211 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Not sure this is the right site to be asking that question... after all, this is a FITNESS website and most people who have read this are shaking their heads in disgust...

This ridiculous site is probably more your style... http://www.skinnygossip.com/
  • half_moon
    half_moon Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Not sure this is the right site to be asking that question... after all, this is a FITNESS website and most people who have read this are shaking their heads in disgust...

This ridiculous site is probably more your style... http://www.skinnygossip.com/

not-amused-face.jpg
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    just put a cheese wedge between your legs at night. it will make your southern states smell like gouda, but should give you the desired look.
  • T1mH
    T1mH Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Please look up the meaning of that word - she is an 18 year old girl and there is nothing to indicate that she is a troll
    Here you go - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)

First post? Really your all that gullible?
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    I used to think a thigh gap was a strange euphemism for vagina.
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Tough to answer. I think muscle mass is more important than actual weight. Not the most satisfying answer, I know, but it's the truth. I would say stop trying to lose weight since your weight is ok, and start focusing on building muscle.

This!
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    I used to think a thigh gap was a strange euphemism for vagina.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    If you have kids one day, your body will produce relaxin, a hormone which will allow your tendons and ligaments to loosen somewhat. The arrangement of your femurs and pelvis with respect to each other will likely change, and certainly, if you give birth vaginally, you can expect some distortion of your current physiology in a way that may be permanent. In such instances you probably will have created the gap you seek.

ANYONE ELSE AROUSED RIGHT NOW?! ZOMG.

So THAT's why my husband wants me to start pushing out the kids... JK!

Seriously - genetics are everything. I'm still working on burning off my fat & building muscle, and at 18.6% BF I have little to no muffin top. On the other hand, my Baby Sister who has 16% BF has a muffin top that she's yet to tone down, no matter how much she works out or changes her diet. Same family, same parents, different genetic coding.

What you want and what you get are seldom in concert with each other. Learn to love you (and yes, I realize how corny that sounds!). It's taken me over 35 years to figure that out for me and I am finally loving the real me instead of trying to be someone else and NOW is when I'm getting noticed. Learn from others mistakes and avoid being too late to love you. Time flies and truly does pass quicker the older we get. Avoid wasting your time on trivials that are beyond your control and make yourself stronger inside & out - the world will notice.
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    BOqhH.gif

I wish Ron Swanson would marry me....
  • RoadsterGirlie
    Options
    just put a cheese wedge between your legs at night. it will make your southern states smell like gouda, but should give you the desired look.

LOL LOL LOL and lol some more.
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Thigh gap obsession is lame.

(not thigh gaps. Not lack of thigh gap. Just the ridiculous obsession with this non-measurment of fitness and non-measurement of beauty)

Just stand with your legs further apart if you want your thighs not to touch, and maybe find a different measurement of success. One that is related to progress.
  • RiverDancer68
    RiverDancer68 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I have one...just means I have wide hips. If you look in my pictures, I just put one up to demonstrate. I want the diamond (though I think it looks more like a heart), where the legs touch, except at the top. Very sexy, but it will never happen on me, unless I really bulk up my thighs :sad: Can't have it all!!!
  • c2111
    c2111 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    What the H IS a thigh gap? I thought I knew but think I've been confused.

when your ankles are touching and there is a gap between your thighs, sometimes knees too

I just tried this out and i have a gap about 2 inches never knew I had it or that it was something people wanted, my point being Im a lot heavier than OP and have a gap, so maybe try working out and gain some weight. (muscle & tone)