ode to the feline....

Options

Replies

• lik_11
    lik_11 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    @GCAsmom

Burrito is beautiful- and I love the name. But- my husband thinks he should be "Purrito". haha
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Here's my baby in her healthier days
    EQ.jpg

And recently, from her vet visit
    eqvet.jpg

You can see how little she is here (4 pounds)
    eqbathroom.jpg
    javascript:add_smiley('bigsmile','post_body')

awwww... such beautiful eyes. she had a long and happy life I'm sure. such a pretty cat.
    :frown:

She IS beautiful. Thank you for your thoughts!
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    My precious baby, EQ, is in my profile pic over there <---- Sadly, she is dying. She is 16 years and 7 months old and is my love. I am so saddened to say goodbye to her, which will likely happen on Saturday. She and I have been through so much over the past 16 years and I am going to miss her beyond belief.

Please say a prayer for her and kiss all of your kitties for me tonight. This is the most difficult thing I've ever had to deal with...:sad:

I will keep you and your beautiful little EQ in my prayers tonight and for the nights to come. There is no pain in the world like losing your babies when you truly, really love them the way they deserve to be loved. She has had a long and incredible life with you, and she will be waiting to see you again someday. Give her a nice big kiss from us.

Thank you sweetie. It is so hard...
  • GCAsMom
    GCAsMom Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    @GCAsmom

Burrito is beautiful- and I love the name. But- my husband thinks he should be "Purrito". haha

Thanks! :D That would suit him as well - he has a very loud motor. ^.^
  • otrlynn
    otrlynn Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    My two, Max and Henry. We do have two cat beds, but apparently this is cozier!

sharing1.jpg
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    thats clyde in my profile pic... he has to wear the cone of shame, he has a grooming issue...
  • crimsoncat
    crimsoncat Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    17585750_6621.jpg

That's my pretty Siamese. He is name "Pang Baht" which means "too much money" in thai. He was born with that kink in his tail. It folds 180 degrees over without any pain.
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Felis catus is your taxonomic nomenclature
    An endothermic quadruped, carnivorous by nature
    Your visual, olfactory, and auditory senses
    contribute to your hunting skills and natural defenses

I find myself intrigued by your sub-vocal oscillations
    a singular development of cat communications
    that obviates your basic hedonistic predilection
    for a rhythmic stroking of your fur to demonstrate affection

A tail is quite essential for your acrobatic talents
    you would not be so agile if you lacked its counterbalance
    And when not being utilized to aid in locomotion
    It often serves to illustrate the state of your emotion.

O Spot, the complex levels of behavior you display
    connote a fairly well-developed cognitive array
    And though you are not sentient , Spot, and do not comprehend
    I nonetheless consider you a true and valued friend
  • dunlunicor
    dunlunicor Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    This is my cat. A bunch of people in my dance group were at my house practicing, and he just started doing this mid-song. https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=t_WBOTLIoPE
  • VeganZombie13
    Options
    w2fz2d.jpg

This is Sabrina,
  • barbaramitchell101
    barbaramitchell101 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    bump, I'll be right back

OK, this is Punkin......he found me...I think he was abandoned...one day he just moved in...and hasn't left...he follows me everywhere, and sleeps in the middle of my chest...everytime I sit down, he is in my lap.....
  • bexxgirl
    bexxgirl Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Ponder on the left and Agnes on the right (from our Terry Pratchett alter egos - Ponder Stibbons and Agnes Nitt).

But they are more often called Mr P and Fatty-Boom. Brother and sister and the best of friends!

donuqw.jpg
  • Blueberry09
    Blueberry09 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    <<<< Nyxon

She thinks she's so abused and neglected! If all kitties should suffer such abuse LOL
  • catpow2
    catpow2 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    You called? meow

You are in my thoughts EQ.
    My precious baby, EQ, is in my profile pic over there <---- Sadly, she is dying. She is 16 years and 7 months old and is my love. I am so saddened to say goodbye to her, which will likely happen on Saturday. She and I have been through so much over the past 16 years and I am going to miss her beyond belief.

Please say a prayer for her and kiss all of your kitties for me tonight. This is the most difficult thing I've ever had to deal with...:sad:
  • Brianna72994
    Options
    This is my cat Tabby. Shes about 6 or 7, and she is the most cuddly cat ever! She sleeps with me every night
    23gzmkh.jpg

I have another kitty named Blackstone but unfortunately dont have any pics of him on this computer. He is black and white and very fluffy! We rescued him when we found him in our trash can after someone left him there as a kitten. He's about 7 years old now and very cuddly
  • Restlessme
    Restlessme Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    421145_10150597340452266_2092679736_n.jpg

Crossing my fingers this shows up! Plus yes...he's quite overweight and currently on a diet.
  • CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Options

I'm so sorry. My Eli the Great Big Guy passed away when he was 16 and a half years old. It hurts, but time will dull it enough to let you smile again when you think of them. Be kind to yourself in the meantime.
  • tipadoo
    tipadoo Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Tux is my rescue cat, we got him this year. I've always had a cat, and it absolutely breaks your heart when you lose one! You just have to remember that you gave them a great and happy life. I always said if I could come back as one of my cats, that would be awesome because they are so spoiled!
  • CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    The tuxedo cat in my weight loss tracker picture is Mimi, the Evil Tuxedo Cat. She's 11 years old, but refuses to act her age. She'll tear fuzz around the house, whip downstairs to the finished basement and then race to the top of one of the support pillars using her claws (they are clad in rough cut lumber), slick her ears back, look around crazily and then jump down to the floor to race off in another direction.

Girl is psychotic by choice. :laugh:
  • wibutterflymagic
    wibutterflymagic Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I would if I knew how to post pictures :O Help!
    [img.]imagelink.com/blah.jpg[/img.] (remove the periods)

I don't understand this. Could someone explain please?