Post weight losses. Hold me accountable (Thanks!)

Options

Replies

• Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Here I go....

I was 124 on my last weight loss post BUT...
    I've gained 5 since then and have lost 1 of those pounds.
    I'm at 128:ohwell:
  • jesusgrl14
    Options
    Just found this post. Hate to admit what I weigh but here goes:
    11/12/07- 196
    11/18/07- 195

Well, it's a start! :laugh:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,030 Member
    Options
    jesusgrl14 & Healthier_Me,

Great job! A loss is a loss. I just squeaked in with 0.5 lb loss - and I'll take it!

Joanna, who's the cute boy? :wink:

I'm watching the race......have a great week to everyone!!

Started MFP Aug 22, 2007 @ 195 lbs (5’9”)
    (Goal loss 40 lbs by May)

Start week 0/ Aug 22 __195 lbs
    Week 4 / Sept 22 _____186.5 = 8.5 lbs loss (in first four weeks)
    Week 5 / Sept 29 _____183.5 = 3 lbs loss______11.5 total loss
    Week 6 / Oct 7 _______181.0 = 2.5 lbs loss_____14.0 total loss
    Week 7 / Oct 14 ______178.5 = 2.5 lbs loss_____16.5 total loss
    Week 8 / Oct 21 ______182.0 = 3.5 lbs gain_____13 total loss
    Week 9 / Oct 27 ______178.6 = 3.4 lbs loss_____16.4 total loss
    Week 10 / Nov 4______177.25 = 1.35 lbs loss___17.75 total loss
    Week 11 / Nov 11_____175.0 = 2.25 lbs loss____20.0 total loss
    Week 12 / Nov 18_____174.5 = 0.50 lbs loss____ 20.5 total loss

Everyone please don't "guilt" yourselves this week.......

Friday I spent the day buying holiday gifts for a group of military folks deployed in Iraq. They wanted sheets( theirs are "see through" :cry: ) socks, air fresheners, music, undershirts, soap, garbage bags :cry: coffee, tea, gloves...tons of "stuff" that they won't have if we don't send them. Of course candy and games, books, videos - comfort things. I was so humbled by the fact that I have it SOOOO good. These kids - many of them under 21 yrs old - are away from their family and friends for the first time - and will be spending the holiday trying to keep their chins up.

If you live in the U.S., please be grateful and thoughtful for the extravagance in this country. Try to make a difference in your choices in the world.

And, if you can't "see through" your sheets - keep these Americans in your thoughts - and try to live in gratitude to all these brave men and women, who may not believe in this war, but who are fighting for freedom. Mention them at your feasts this week.

:heart: Cheryl
  • greatape
    Options
    I did the slim in 6 years ago and you will lose weight, but what you will really see is you will lose fat and gain muscle, so don't get discouraged by the scale. Make sure you do measurements. Unfortunately for me, I fell off the wagon (routine) when we moved, and am in the process of divorce, but I do still have the tapes and I have done them a few times, just not everyday! Keep up the good work-they are GREAT workouts!
  • athomemommy
    athomemommy Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    My weight today is 162, I started at 209 in June. My first goal weight is to be 155 by my b-day which is in 4 weeks. So we will see how it goes. Then my 2nd goal is to 125-135 by my wedding anniversary June 5.
  • Healthier_Me
    Options
    jesusgrl14 & Healthier_Me,

Great job! A loss is a loss. I just squeaked in with 0.5 lb loss - and I'll take it!

Joanna, who's the cute boy? :wink:

I'm watching the race......have a great week to everyone!!

Week 12 / Nov 18_____174.5 = 0.50 lbs loss____ 20.5 total loss

Everyone please don't "guilt" yourselves this week.......

Friday I spent the day buying holiday gifts for a group of military folks deployed in Iraq. They wanted sheets( theirs are "see through" :cry: ) socks, air fresheners, music, undershirts, soap, garbage bags :cry: coffee, tea, gloves...tons of "stuff" that they won't have if we don't send them. Of course candy and games, books, videos - comfort things. I was so humbled by the fact that I have it SOOOO good. These kids - many of them under 21 yrs old - are away from their family and friends for the first time - and will be spending the holiday trying to keep their chins up.

If you live in the U.S., please be grateful and thoughtful for the extravagance in this country. Try to make a difference in your choices in the world.

And, if you can't "see through" your sheets - keep these Americans in your thoughts - and try to live in gratitude to all these brave men and women, who may not believe in this war, but who are fighting for freedom. Mention them at your feasts this week.

Awesome thought Cheryl.
    Alina will be saying her first grace and I will have her include our soldiers.
    I will not be on until next week... going to Long Island to my moms so have an excellent Thanksgiving everyone!

Oh, that boy is my hubby... that was on our wedding day, 6 years ago.(I was about 30 pounds heavier)

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • cmriverside
    Options

I'm posting this again, because I hope everyone will give thanks for all they have, and be kind to yourselves and your families during this week of eating. (it is the same post I did Sunday....I just want to remind us about the meaning of Thanksgiving.

Everyone please don't "guilt" yourselves this week.......enjoy yourselves and your friends and family.

• JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Options
    I have been watching very carefully & exercising a tad more because I know that no matter how hard I try, Thanksgiving will be a true test of willpower for me. I weighed 206 on 11/10 & today(11/21) my weight is 201.6. When I began my journey back at the beginning of September, I was 239 lbs so I am pleased with my progress. This site is WONDERFUL!!!!!!

I hope everyone has a Blessed Thanksgiving :smooched:
  • peggy
    peggy Posts: 25
    Options
    ok here goes..... Im 180 and hope to reach 150 (give me a break Im new here!)
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    hi all, I haven't been here in awhile because I was trying out Banks's challenge of not using the scales. That was amazingly hard for me. So here goes:

Aug 30 205
    Sept 15 200.2
    Sept 23 197.5
    Oct 1 190.8
    Oct 7 186.2
    Oct 17 185.8
    Oct 25 180.2
    Oct 29 179.4
    Nov 28 174.2

My goal is 145-150 but I made my Thanksgiving goal of 175 and a little more. So I have dropped a little over 30 lbs with about 25 to go. I have a alot to be thankful for this Thansgiving. I will definately be thinking of my mfp friends.
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,696 Member
    Options
    Kjllose,
    Way to Go! Wow! 31 pounds! That's awesome! I can definitely see the difference in your old and new pictures! Keep it up!:flowerforyou:
  • amandagreen1980
    amandagreen1980 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I started this site on 27th october at 231lbs
    I weighed in today at 210lbs!!! :laugh:

I am soooo happy!! 21 lbs in 4 weeks!! This site is amazing!!
    I havn't had a bad day yet either!!!
    I am going on a girly night out tomorrow night tho with yummy food and lots fo wine!
    I will just try and be more careful than i usually am at these things but am not going to be a party pooper!!

Thanks Everyone!!

Amanda
  • jmlane1981
    Options
    I started on 11/6/2007 @ 186 lbs
    Today on 11/10/2007 @ 183.8 lbs
    Goal weight is 130 lbs and I would love for that to be by summer, but we all know that is wishful thinking...but I feel that maybe if I set higher goals, I will push myself harder.

I didn't exercise yesterday because like all the other ladies, my Aunt Flow has came to visit...but with or without her I intend to atleast get on the treadmill for a while this evening. I did only commit to 5 days a week, but I am scared of missing days because I am afraid I will not get back on track, so I am trying to do it 7 days a week. Thanks for everyone's support.

Today is 11/23/07 and I weighed in at 181.8 lbs this morning.
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: congrats to both of you! Isn't it great to get on the scale and see the weight drop off? I don't even mind the exercise that goes with it anymore. LOL:flowerforyou: ~Karen
  • cmriverside
    Options
    :bigsmile: congrats to both of you! Isn't it great to get on the scale and see the weight drop off? I don't even mind the exercise that goes with it anymore. LOL:flowerforyou: ~Karen

OMG ! Karen! You look AWESOME! (sorry about all the CAPS!!!!) I'm just happy for you. Love your new smiling face and haircut! congrats. I think the execise makes it fun.

cmriverside
  • Healthier_Me
    Options
    Okie doke... here it goes...

I gained 4 pounds so I'm @ 130 now.

I had gained 5 pounds about 2 weeks ago but lost 3... then gained those 3 back plus 1 more.
    Momma's cookin' is just too good.
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Okie doke... here it goes...

I gained 4 pounds so I'm @ 130 now.

I had gained 5 pounds about 2 weeks ago but lost 3... then gained those 3 back plus 1 more.
    Momma's cookin' is just too good.

Healthier_You,
    :laugh: You crack me up. Welcome back! I had THREE pieces of pumpkin pie (with "real" Cool Whip) - and a brownie. I also walked and walked.......So we just keep goin'. I get a new trainer on Tuesday and she is gonna kick my rear, I think. Glad you enjoyed Mom. I had a great day, too. I'll post my results tomorrow!

cm
  • cmriverside
    Options

Week 12 / Nov 18_____174.5 = 0.50 lbs loss_____20.5 total loss
    Week 13/ Nov 25_____ 174.38=0.12 lbs loss_____20.62 total loss

I'm just happy to post any loss this week ! - Though I think it may be just luck that I stepped on the scale when I did this morning :tongue: I think in reality, I probably gained .

Back on that treadmill. I call it my hamster wheel.
  • jesusgrl14
    Options
    Just found this post. Hate to admit what I weigh but here goes:
    11/12/07- 196
    11/18/07- 195

Well, it's a start! :laugh:

Got on this morning @ 192.5! YESSS!!! I love that this is actually working! Thanks for all of the posts about yourselves, it helps keep me motivated! :heart:
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Options
    Not as big a loss as I of course wished for but I'll take it. On 11/21 I was 201.6 & 11/28 I am 200.4. My first goal of 199 is soooo close! :wink: