• Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    I just go "punch the clown in the face."
    Works....
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    I lock myself in the bathroom and cry...............but that's just me.

^^ This BUT make sure to take the wine!

Usually Coors light for me.......Just so everyone knows I was joking about locking myself in the bathroom. I actually try to find projects to occupy them, or turn them loose on the internet.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Duct tape... and a wall.. tape them too the wall and then go for a nice long hot bubble bath with some wine.

also dog kennels. put them in a kennel and leave them there.
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Duct tape... and a wall.. tape them too the wall and then go for a nice long hot bubble bath with some wine.

also dog kennels. put them in a kennel and leave them there.

Random and irrelevant: I used to lock myself in the dog kennel on purpose. I was a weird kid.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Benadryl.

WHAT!!? It's safe!
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Uhh, y'all are really making me want to procreate...

:noway:
  • toomuchbootyindapants
    Options
    Vodka. Not technically a food, right?

Or uhm....a visit to my friend Gigi....by Lelo. Such an amazing stress reliever. Then follow-up with wine.
  • begreenbe
    begreenbe Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Make friends with your neighbors and trade kids for an afternoon.
  • MacDHH
    MacDHH Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I totally sympathize! I have a 3.5 and a 1.5-year-old, and if we stay in the house too much, they can drive me and each other batty. I find having activities keeps the three of us happy and sane. If the weather is not too lousy, we are usually at the park. I also take them to indoor play areas or kids' museums, the zoo, playgroups, and playdates with other mum friends.

If it is feasible, I try to incorporate some exercise for me into the activity we do (e.g., going by bike with the kids in the trailer...they love riding in that thing). I'm not very good at thinking up stuff to do at home, but if you are into that, maybe you can find activities to keep them amused long enough for you to take a bit of a breather.

On days where I don't have much planned and I need to get stuff done, I try to physically tire them out anyway, even if it means that it takes 4x as long to do stuff (e.g., walking to the shops instead of using the buggy).

The other thing that has helped my sanity is to make time for myself. My husband works long hours, so this means I can only work out in the wee hours of the morning (he and I take turns doing it). But now that I am more used to waking up early, I love it, as it's just me and my (grown-up) music. If I had a gym with daycare, I'd be there every day!

Oh, and I no longer feel guilty plopping them in front of the telly to chill them out :embarassed:
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTuRc8_uS7xUIQaZwHM0MWkmj3B6WC1Ee3W79gvCa2hJM-1C3u8

Not saying this is the best idea....but you wanted options
  • MsGreenberg32
    Options
    I got six little ones I know how you feel, but you must say no :)
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    One of the best parts of being a parent is eating ice cream after the kids go to bed!! BWAHHAHAHAHAHAA!!!!
  • Carlyannabelle
    Carlyannabelle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Take a hot bath.....
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    I lock myself in the bathroom and cry...............but that's just me.

I did that. My youngest learned how to pick the lock. And I'm NOT KIDDING :explode:
  • GurleyGirl524
    GurleyGirl524 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Turn on some fun music and you and the kids dance around. You will burn calories, they will burn energy. You will also get a nice seratonin release that will help make you feel better.
  • elaine_des
    elaine_des Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I usually wait till the husband gets home and then I will leave the kids with him and go to the store - even grocery shopping is an escape if you don't have to drag the kids out of the house with you. And as far as the crying in the bathroom - been there, only I don't even make it to the bathroom haha. I have a 14 month old and a newborn so I definitely get your need to get a break.

I do the same, if hubby is not there, I get the babysitter to keep them an extra 20 minutes so I can have that time for myself before starting the evening routine. If all else fail i make coffee and ignore them and the mess for 20 minutes, take that time to close my eyes and ignore them. Then i get them to pass the vaccum. They actually love passing the vaccum so I bouhgt 2 littles for them and they pass it. I usually have to pass after them but the biggest part is pick up. Good Luck!
  • MFPBrandy
    MFPBrandy Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Whew! I only have one (although I also work outside the home), and that's enough to keep me frazzled, as much as I love her. I second the person who said join a gym with day care. Preferably day care and yoga! Drop the kids off at the nursery, and head into the yoga room for a nice chill-out session (or go pump weights if that's what relaxes you).

If you need a substitute for those end-of-the-day cravings when the kids start triggering your emotional eating, try tea? I'm not a big tea fan normally, but some of the super-spicy chai teas are flavorful enough that I don't miss the sweetness, and it keeps my hands occupied.
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTuRc8_uS7xUIQaZwHM0MWkmj3B6WC1Ee3W79gvCa2hJM-1C3u8

Not saying this is the best idea....but you wanted options

Too funny, I had to steal the pic and email it to my daughter. She is sick right now with a very spoiled 11 month old.
  • Jeliwood
    Options
    I'm a stay at home mom too. First tip i scheduling. Figure out the best time for them to wake up. When they get up, for 30 minutes have a show and breakfast. Then for an hour have center time. Have a few different centers of different toys and let them play with them for 20 minutes then pick up for 10 minutes before switching to the next one and repeat. Then crafting time for 30 minutes. Yes, it's possible to do that at every age. Then a small healthy snack time. Have them help you. Then a nap time.

This is your time to relax.

Then when they wake up, lunch time. Have them help or put them on a short show while they wake up.

Then go exercise together for an hour. This means walking together, dancing together, whatever they enjoy. This gets you some exercise and they burn some energy.

Then center time again!

You see what I'm driving at? Have them doing something constantly. Have them doing something so they're burning energy and do the same thing every day so they know what to expect on the most part. Put them to nap at the same time and to bed at the same time every night. And not at like 10 when you're ready for bed. Put them at bed at 7:30 or 8. Then you have an hour or two before to relax before it's time for you to go to bed.