Bulletproof diet

Options
I tried this diet its by Dave Asprey, basically you get his mold free coffee and mix in grass fed butter, you can eat grass fed beef and
processed eggs, its like the paleo diet.

It worked for a couple days but i could not keep eating those high fat foods, Dave Asprey say counting calories is not how you lose weight. You consume alot of calories on this diet.

has anyone tried this and stuck with it?

Replies

• BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    If you want something that is bulletproof try a lifestyle change instead of a diet.
  • soulfulsally
    Options
    I like butter (will eat Kerrygold's plain) and I like black coffee, but both of them together doesn't sound appealing. Is coffee and butter together really that yummy? Is it used to take away cravings or something?
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I tried this diet its by Dave Asprey, basically you get his mold free coffee and mix in grass fed butter, you can eat grass fed beef and

It worked for a couple days but i could not keep eating those high fat foods, Dave Asprey say counting calories is not how you lose weight. You consume alot of calories on this diet.

You don't have to count calories but you need a caloric deficit to lose fat. He makes a lot of craptastic claims on his site and you should prob take him with a grain of salt
  • Walterj
    Walterj Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    He was on a podcast with Joe Rogan, its easy to fine on web, his website is bulletproofexec.com.

yes you use KerryGold Salt free butter and mix with mold free coffee.( its actually not bad)

he says he lost 100 lbs doing this with no exercise
  • Torgrills
    Torgrills Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Of course he says he lost 100 lb doing his plan with no exercise, he's trying to make money. And I'm pretty sure Joe Rogan was paid to do a podcast with him, since the standard for infomercials is to hire paid actors to tout your claim. If you don't plan on sticking with this diet forever, it's doomed to fail. Lifestyle changes are the ONLY way you're going to keep it off.
  • testease
    testease Posts: 220
    Options
    Ehh, if you like fat over carbs it would suit you. However thermodynamics will ultimately determine if you lose weight or not.
  • TexanThom
    Options
    WOW!! You mean that I have lost 88lbs counting calories, and I am doing it wrong?
  • superpapa16
    superpapa16 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    A bit off topic, but this reminded me of a interview I heard with Andrew Zimmerman of Bizarre Foods. He was asked what was the worse thing he'd eaten on the show and he said hands down it was coffee with butter in it. It doesn't even sound good to me....
  • Walterj
    Walterj Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Ehh, if you like fat over carbs it would suit you. However thermodynamics will ultimately determine if you lose weight or not.

Exactly, I did work, I lost weight..

I could not believe it I was consuming 4500 calories, but felt gross eating beef,eggs, butter etc...
  • Thokiz
    Thokiz Posts: 55 Member
    Options

Been drinking coffee for 30 years and have yet to see mold in my coffee grounds. Anytime I see something idiotic like that, I know it's just someone slapping a new name on it just so they can charge more. (and become a millionaire by age 26)

BTW, starting a new Moon Dust Free Lemonade stand this weekend, only $95.99 a cup. Sorry so expensive, but I'm 45 and have to make up for lost time.
  • MissFitee
    MissFitee Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Most diets are "bulletproof". If you follow them 100%. Trouble is that most people can't follow a diet 100% that doesn't suit them 100%.

I don't doubt that he could have lost 100 lbs with this diet, just as many others have on similar diets, but it's not for everyone and it's certainly no miracle cure for obesity.
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I actually just ordered some of that coffee for my mom, and some of the MCT oil used to mix into the coffee. I'm equally wary of butter in coffee, but I'll try most things once, and will be brewing a batch for my mom and I when it arrives.

Makes sense to me. Put more fat in your breakfast = less hungry. As a hypoglycemic, carbs usually make me feel gross so it appeals to me.

I wouldn't call it a diet though! It's a lifestyle.
  • sweetalker
    sweetalker Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Been drinking coffee for 30 years and have yet to see mold in my coffee grounds. Anytime I see something idiotic like that, I know it's just someone slapping a new name on it just so they can charge more. (and become a millionaire by age 26)

BTW, starting a new Moon Dust Free Lemonade stand this weekend, only $95.99 a cup. Sorry so expensive, but I'm 45 and have to make up for lost time.

Tell us more! Tell us all about how Moon Dust clogs arteries and causes impotence and bed-wetting.
  • newcs
    newcs Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Sounds like Dr. Oz might have some competition.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Dave Asprey say counting calories is not how you lose weight. You consume alot of calories on this diet.

This is in direct opposition with the first law of thermodynamics, namely that energy is conserved. If you put more energy (calories) into a body (you) than you take out (exercise, daily life, whatever), that body will have excess energy (we store energy in fat and muscle).

Anyone who says 'you don't need to worry about calories on this diet' is either lying to you or trying a technique whereby in following the program you end up eating fewer calories anyway.

Take any quack who acts like they've somehow unlocked the secret of the universe with a grain of salt. Weight loss is simple (not easy, mind you): eat less, move more.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    I am Tietaaaaaneeeeeuuuuuuum

sorry
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    No offense intended to the OP but this diet sounds disgusting.

And WTF is mold free coffee? Coffee isn't moldy... what is this nonsense!?
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    I eat grassfed beef. And grassfed pork. And grassfed chicken. And pastured eggs. And some fish. And potatoes, rice, beans, bread. Lots of veggies. Yogurt... Milk... CHEESE. Dark chocolate. I drink coffee daily, though I don't know about it being "mold free". I like a touch of alcohol occasionally. Sometimes I even eat stuff that's downright junkfood, though it's not a frequent thing. This is not a DIET for me. This is the way I like to eat. It's something I can stick with for the rest of my life. It wasn't a quick, easy fix. It's something that's evolved over the last several years. There are no easy fixes.
  • DiabolicBooger
    DiabolicBooger Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    i'll call your bullet proof diet with my .44 magnum and raise you a boston creme cake! Sucka!
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    My parents had a couple sayings one is "I have a bridge I want to sell you" and the other one is " believe half of what you see and none of what you hear".