Bulletproof diet

Options

Replies

• HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    If you want something that is bulletproof try a lifestyle change instead of a diet.

^^ This for sure!!!
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,282 Member
    Options
    Iv'e done the diet for two weeks now. The coffee taste good. the butter and mct oil are not that big of a deal. Lots of energy and clear thinking. When you are eating you eat healty organic food. No toxins at all.

BTW, don't worry about the jokers. Many will dismiss this without doing any research. I tend to listen to those who actually know what they're talking about rather than those who act like they know what they're talking about.

So, do you have peer reviewed research from a credible source? The real scientific stuff?

Or is all your "research" on this diet based off of promotional information and those who are trying to sell it?
  • LennyInFlorida
    Options
    I've done research on diets and maintenance.

The only thing that works is what works for you, not for someone else.

If you are interested, I say try it, and see if it works, if not try something else, just don't give up.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I drank a version of this coffee almost every day for a year. I've had it with Dave's coffee and with regular coffee. It gave me a few hundred calories to start the day, I felt good after drinking it, and I liked the taste. As for all of his claims, eh, who knows...but the coffee was a welcome addition to my diet.
  • LinFlemmer331
    LinFlemmer331 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I searched for posts on the Bulletproof Executive here to see who else was being successful on it. My brother just told me about it a few days ago and has lost 45 lbs so far in a few months. He is very excited about it. I don't think he is drinking the coffee, just doing the diet. He told me how great he was feeling, and improved energy. I hesitated posting as there are so many on here willing to bash people and info without knowing anything about it. I say if you are interested, go to the web site, read the scientific research, it's free.
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    You've come on a calorie counting site to tell people calorie counting doesn't work?????

This is exactly what I was thinking. Sure, go ahead, rant about the new fad diet if you really want to, I don't care (I personally will not be drinking your lard coffee.) But, saying calorie counting does not work? Now who is not doing their research before stating such ridiculous things?
  • wmpremo
    wmpremo Posts: 1
    Options
    I've been on this diet lately. It piqued my interest, It's really changed my life for the better. I always suspected I had some sort of ADD or ADHD but I can't completely assume that because I've never been tested. I've also been overweight for most of my life and various forms of eating healthy and exercise never worked for me. In the first 2 months of this diet I lost 25 pounds, I feel incredibly focused, and I never feel depressed anymore.

Yet when people ask me how I'm losing weight and getting so much work done I tell people I just eat less and exercise. I've stopped telling people about this diet in real life social situations because every time I've told someone they instantly look at me like I'm stupid and crazy.

Talking about diets is like talking about religion or politics, people make it so personal and if you suggest something different someone will come along and piss all over you because they think what they believe is correct all across the board because it's worked so well for them. People will also assume many many things without actually looking into anything or researching.

Somethings work differently for different people.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,714 Member
    Options
    I was thinking that if someone was holding a gun to your head, that that would be incentive enough to lose weight.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I tried this diet its by Dave Asprey, basically you get his mold free coffee and mix in grass fed butter, you can eat grass fed beef and
    processed eggs, its like the paleo diet.

It worked for a couple days but i could not keep eating those high fat foods, Dave Asprey say counting calories is not how you lose weight. You consume alot of calories on this diet.

has anyone tried this and stuck with it?

It would seem to me that Dave Asprey is full of crap.

ETA: poop - this is a necromanced thread!
  • sass0720
    sass0720 Posts: 12
    Options
    ETA means Estimated Time of Arrival - AKA means also known as.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    ETA means Estimated Time of Arrival - AKA means also known as.

Uh...

...sometimes it means that.

In this instance, it means Edited To Add...

And Sara, Dave may or may not be full of crap...

...but it sounds more like someone grossly misunderstands...(or misunderstood given the dates on this thread)...the Bulletproof Diet.
  • LadyBugLex17
    LadyBugLex17 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I searched for posts on the Bulletproof Executive here to see who else was being successful on it. My brother just told me about it a few days ago and has lost 45 lbs so far in a few months. He is very excited about it. I don't think he is drinking the coffee, just doing the diet. He told me how great he was feeling, and improved energy. I hesitated posting as there are so many on here willing to bash people and info without knowing anything about it. I say if you are interested, go to the web site, read the scientific research, it's free.

Love this! I am very excited to make changes in my life!

Listen to Dave's podcast with Joe Rogan! AMAAAAZING!
  • joshdann
    joshdann Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I know this thread is old... but I decided to read through the site anyway. More info is good info. I read for a few minutes and I just couldn't go any farther... there is an incredible amount of alarmist junk on the bulletproof executive page that has been solidly disproved and debunked.

IMO the only thing that site is good for is as a case study for how people can be manipulated into buying products by preying on lack of knowledge, making "magic bullet" promises, and using scare tactics that seem reasonable but aren't.
  • jasonvincik
    Options
    I see a lot of criticism here for something that most people just don't understand. The Bulletproof Diet is simply a ketogenic diet which forces your body to use fat for energy instead of storing it away. Keto is not new, and it's not a fad diet either. It's been used to treat epilepsy, and athletes use it to "lean out" before a competition. My personal trainer has also lived exclusively on a keto diet for many years, and she's in excellent health. I have been eating a keto diet for almost two weeks now and I've lost 5 pounds almost effortlessly. Going for one spin class actually gave me a great metabolic boost. The trick is to use healthy fats (like yummy avocado), and teach your body that energy should come from fat, not from carbohydrates and sugars which most packaged foods in the U.S. contain an abundance of. The problem with a keto diet is mostly in how people use it (or abuse it). Loading up on butter is probably not the best idea when considering potential spikes in LDL cholesterol levels. Instead, I use olive oil, avocado and nuts. And by the way...you're not eliminating carbs on this diet. Most vegetables contain carbs, and this diet requires 20% of the calories to come from veggies.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    ZOMBIE THREAD!!!
  • simplydelish2
    simplydelish2 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    TexanThom wrote: »
    WOW!! You mean that I have lost 88lbs counting calories, and I am doing it wrong?

And I've lost 122 lbs counting calories...

Stick with a healthy lifestyle - your body will appreciate it!

20757594.png

• RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    BinkyBonk wrote: »
    ZOMBIE THREAD!!!

And a solid 1st post to bring it back as well.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    RGv2 wrote: »
    BinkyBonk wrote: »
    ZOMBIE THREAD!!!

And a solid 1st post to bring it back as well.

+1
    Solid first post!!
  • KombuchaCat
    KombuchaCat Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I like occasionally making "bulletproof coffee." The other key ingredient is MCT oil which is concentrated coconut oil. I'm not a fan of that stuff as I find it speeds things up in the digestion department too much even when you step up gradually. I just put in a tablespoon of unsalted grassfed butter and a tablespoon of regular coconut oil with a cup of coffee. If put together in a blender it's like a latte, quite tasty. That being said I wouldn't do this every day and I don't think it's some kind of magic bullet for weightloss. Dave Asprey's "bodyhacking" schpeel definately makes me roll my eyes. He says for the ultimate experience just have the BP coffee for breakfast, um...no. You need actual food as fuel. I tried it once and I felt like my heart was going to jump out of my chest it jacked me up so bad. If you could handle eating the way he says every day I have no doubt you would lose weight but not in a very healthy or sustainable way.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Ge0rgiana wrote: »
    I eat grassfed beef. And grassfed pork. And grassfed chicken.

Where do you find grass-fed pork or chicken. Chickens and hogs are not herbivores so this seems an unnatural and probably unhealthy diet for them.