Bulletproof diet

Options

Replies

• WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options

BTW, starting a new Moon Dust Free Lemonade stand this weekend, only $95.99 a cup. Sorry so expensive, but I'm 45 and have to make up for lost time.

shut-up-and-take-my-money1.jpg
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    I like butter (will eat Kerrygold's plain) and I like black coffee, but both of them together doesn't sound appealing. Is coffee and butter together really that yummy? Is it used to take away cravings or something?

Some people who do Intermittent Fasting mix a little bit of fat into black coffee. I tried it with coconut oil (1/4 teaspoon?) and it was very satisfying. I with I could find Kerrygold in NYC.
  • Maria_T007
    Options
    WOW!! You mean that I have lost 88lbs counting calories, and I am doing it wrong?

haha!! This!
  • MusicInMyHeart
    Options
    If you want something that is bulletproof try a lifestyle change instead of a diet.

^^This. Anything labeled 'diet' is doomed for failure. I'm the perfect example of that! It took me 27 years to figure this out.
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    My parents had a couple sayings one is "I have a bridge I want to sell you" and the other one is " believe half of what you see and none of what you hear".

And even less of what is on the internet? :wink:

I agree!
  • MusicInMyHeart
    Options

BTW, starting a new Moon Dust Free Lemonade stand this weekend, only $95.99 a cup. Sorry so expensive, but I'm 45 and have to make up for lost time.

shut-up-and-take-my-money1.jpg

*Snort*
  • gauchogirl
    gauchogirl Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I like butter (will eat Kerrygold's plain) and I like black coffee, but both of them together doesn't sound appealing. Is coffee and butter together really that yummy? Is it used to take away cravings or something?

Some people who do Intermittent Fasting mix a little bit of fat into black coffee. I tried it with coconut oil (1/4 teaspoon?) and it was very satisfying. I with I could find Kerrygold in NYC.

I drink "Bulletproof" tea almost every morning. Many use butter (or butter AND coconut oil) but I use 2 TBS coconut oil blended with an immersion blender into my hot spiced chai (because I detest coffee.) I do count those calories among my day's calories. It is creamy and spicy and delicious and helps me reach my fat macros (60%.) No probs dropping weight and I'm never hungry between meals or on days I do IF.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    does he allow salt on this diet, though?

If it's not Himalayan Pink Crystal Salt then it will kill you within the hour. ;)
  • Walterj
    Walterj Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    it is Himalayan salt he avoking avocates taking a spoonful every morning
  • gold205
    Options
    Iv'e done the diet for two weeks now. The coffee taste good. the butter and mct oil are not that big of a deal. Lots of energy and clear thinking. When you are eating you eat healty organic food. No toxins at all.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I saw this and thought - "Since when did eating Kevlar become a thing?"
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    So mould in coffee is what triggered the obesity epidemic in the US?????? And we in the UK now have coffee houses everywhere, OMG OMG OMG.
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    I tried this diet its by Dave Asprey, basically you get his mold free coffee and mix in grass fed butter, you can eat grass fed beef and
    processed eggs, its like the paleo diet.

It worked for a couple days but i could not keep eating those high fat foods, Dave Asprey say counting calories is not how you lose weight. You consume alot of calories on this diet.

has anyone tried this and stuck with it?

Been drinking coffee for 30 years and have yet to see mold in my coffee grounds. Anytime I see something idiotic like that, I know it's just someone slapping a new name on it just so they can charge more. (and become a millionaire by age 26)

lol
  • sylvabelle89
    sylvabelle89 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    hahahahahahahahaha
  • TerriAnne53
    TerriAnne53 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    your are too funny. Moon Dust..... this good humour is good though.
  • leogodin217
    Options
    Good for you. This diet changed my life. Went from consistent brain fog and inability to focus for more than a few minutes on average to feeling great and getting stuff done. I did lose 20 pounds, but that was a side effect as I did it for cognitive reasons, not weight loss at the beginning.
  • leogodin217
    Options
    Iv'e done the diet for two weeks now. The coffee taste good. the butter and mct oil are not that big of a deal. Lots of energy and clear thinking. When you are eating you eat healty organic food. No toxins at all.

BTW, don't worry about the jokers. Many will dismiss this without doing any research. I tend to listen to those who actually know what they're talking about rather than those who act like they know what they're talking about.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    No offense intended to the OP but this diet sounds disgusting.

And WTF is mold free coffee? Coffee isn't moldy... what is this nonsense!?

Really, coffee and butter mixed together? I about threw up in my mouth, no offense. Why not try eating sensibly with a calorie deficit?
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    He makes a lot of craptastic claims on his site and you should prob take him with a grain of salt

I don't think I could eat a whole Dave. Also it might go over my sodium target.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I tried this diet its by Dave Asprey, basically you get his mold free coffee and mix in grass fed butter, you can eat grass fed beef and
    processed eggs, its like the paleo diet.

It worked for a couple days but i could not keep eating those high fat foods, Dave Asprey say counting calories is not how you lose weight. You consume alot of calories on this diet.

has anyone tried this and stuck with it?

You've come on a calorie counting site to tell people calorie counting doesn't work?????