EX-HUSBAND Christmas gift

Options
MissAnjy
MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
Edited because people take *kitten* way too seriously.

Buying for my ex-husband on behalf of his kids. Ran out of ideas.

Need help.

Better?

Seriously.........

Replies

• purplegoboom
    purplegoboom Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    A subscription to the jelly of the month club.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Nothing.

& I would get rid of some of that awesome attitude you have..
  • MissAnjy
    Options
    Nothing.

& I would get rid of some of that awesome attitude you have..

It's my Christmas spirit : )
  • purplegoboom
    Options
    Nah, just because one person thought you were being a b*tch doesn't mean others won't understand where you are coming from.

I would look for a cute family oriented DVD and put a note "from the kids" - "Daddy, we got this for you so we could watch it together!"
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    How much do you usually spend? How about taking the kids to pick something out? The best gifts were the ones that were handmade by our son and didn't come from the store. Anything the kids pick out or make is sweet! :) Then it really is from them instead of something from you, which it sounds like you want to avoid.
  • TylerJ76
    Options
    Nah, just because one person thought you were being a b*tch doesn't mean others won't understand where you are coming from.

Whoa.

Nothing like putting words into my mouth..
  • TylerJ76
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • purplegoboom
    Options
    How much do you usually spend? How about taking the kids to pick something out? The best gifts were the ones that were handmade by our son and didn't come from the store. Anything the kids pick out or make is sweet! :) Then it really is from them instead of something from you, which it sounds like you want to avoid.

Great idea, something handmade from the kids. Give them some constuction paper and crayons, and have them make a card for their dad.
  • jmeyer925
    jmeyer925 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Tell him he doesn't have to pay child support for the month. :smile:
  • MissAnjy
    Options

Well, for his birthday, "we" ended up buying him a Dolce & Gabanna watch (he loves watches). It pretty much cost more than a mortgage payment, but I knew he'd love it & the kids thought it was great. We gave it to him and he said "he loved it" which i'm sure he did, what's not to love? It's a beautiful watch & it LOOKED expensive (which is something he'd appreciate). Anyways, come father's day (shortly after) his MOTHER bought him a cheap replica watch (off the internet) and he decided (like he always did) that "what comes from his mother is better" and totally scrapped the watch from his kids and wore the cheap replica his mother bought.

That's all fine.....BUT, I've decided to go cheaper ever since, just so it's not such a big loss if he tosses it to the side.

I'd say in the 50-100$ range.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,082 Member
    Options
    I agree, handmade from the kids. Buy a Good Housekeeping magazine, this time of year there are always multiple craft projects that kids can complete.
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    Get your kids to scribble a bunch of randomness on a piece of paper, throw some sparkles on that b!tch. Bam - Merry Christmas!!
  • MissAnjy
    Options
    I'll definitely do a craft from the kids. I think that's a great idea.
    I just worry that he will be "pissed off" because he's VERY spoiled & will not be satisfied with something "cheap".
    Any time the kids make something when they are with him, or from school, he sends it home to me.

He really has very little to do with our kids, so he doesn't quite get the importance of homemade things, or things the kids do.

This is the guy who when his son said "I love you daddy" replied with "That's nice, get in the car" (after not seeing him for 2 weeks).

Not exactly a sentimental schmuck anymore when it comes to them. Pretty much divorced them when I divorced him.

BUT the craft thing would at least be fun for them to do.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Macaroni necklace.
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    my mom's Ex is my sisters daddy.
    i buy him and his new lady a sausage and cheese gift set every year because he loves the stuff.

and i feel bad when i mail my sisters gift and im like i dont wanna be rude.

and the new wife is even nice enough to buy mom something from my sister even though they hate each others guts.
    my mom on the other hand,not so nice... yeah. im just more civil i guess.
  • SofaKingRad_
    Options
    Post a Craigslist ad for him and make sure his phone number is on the ad. Preferably in the casual encounters section.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Gift card

Nothing says "I really don't give a **** what you think of this gift" more than a gift card. :laugh:
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Macaroni necklace.

No... no... no... wait...

A pine cone birdfeeder!
  • MissAnjy
    Options
    my mom's Ex is my sisters daddy.
    i buy him and his new lady a sausage and cheese gift set every year because he loves the stuff.

and i feel bad when i mail my sisters gift and im like i dont wanna be rude.

and the new wife is even nice enough to buy mom something from my sister even though they hate each others guts.
    my mom on the other hand,not so nice... yeah. im just more civil i guess.

food is always good. I bought him steaks for father's day.
    Can't exactly get him anything to do with "being a great dad" or "#1 Dad" which is pretty sad and unfortunate....but meat suited him fine.
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Post a Craigslist ad for him and make sure his phone number is on the ad. Preferably in the casual encounters section.

Yes! lol