EX-HUSBAND Christmas gift

Options

Replies

• NoMoreJellyRolls
    Options
    Footie pajamas. Nothing says "merry christmas daddy" like footie pajamas from the kids. Pink ones. That look like a bunny wabbit. HA!!

LOL thats what my hubby wants for christmas. Footie jammies! LOL
  • RychelleD
    RychelleD Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Get your kids to scribble a bunch of randomness on a piece of paper, throw some sparkles on that b!tch. Bam - Merry Christmas!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • crystal_loga
    crystal_loga Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Take a cute picture of the kids, print out a copy and put it in a decent frame. Let the kids give him that. You could even make it an annual tradition. Make it fun for the kids by letting them choose a theme, location, etc. Shouldn't cost too much, its from the heart, and from the kids. You should not have to spend a ton on him for Christmas. Sounds like he needs to learn the true meaning of Christmas. It's not about the gifts, its about the heart behind the gifts.
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I agree with the mugs too! I've had some done at Walmart in the past of family member pictures that turned out nice! Does he drink coffee?
  • NoMoreJellyRolls
    Options
    Let the kids make him something or buy him something he can do with the kids.

I cant stand my stepdaughters mom! Last year for christmas she made her mom a candle with her school picture in it. Of course I helped. After my stepdaughter came back from her moms she was telling me that all her mom did was b****hing and complaining that she got a small picture (in a candle) and that she deserved a big picture (that she didnt put a dime in on) and that i wasnt her mom so i need to give her MY 10x13. You know what shes getting this year for christmas??

The school pictures reorder form... LMAO
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    How about a pic of you and your new man? LOL
  • Jaulen
    Jaulen Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I'll definitely do a craft from the kids. I think that's a great idea.
    I just worry that he will be "pissed off" because he's VERY spoiled & will not be satisfied with something "cheap".
    Any time the kids make something when they are with him, or from school, he sends it home to me.

He really has very little to do with our kids, so he doesn't quite get the importance of homemade things, or things the kids do.

This is the guy who when his son said "I love you daddy" replied with "That's nice, get in the car" (after not seeing him for 2 weeks).

Not exactly a sentimental schmuck anymore when it comes to them. Pretty much divorced them when I divorced him.

BUT the craft thing would at least be fun for them to do.
    Then I say be done with it. It's the thought that counts, and if he doesn't appreciate the thought anyway, quit worrying about what to get him, and let the kids enjoy themselves doing something.

o.O

and why is it your job to spoil him anymore?
  • new2locs
    new2locs Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    You better than me cuz I wouldn't buy him s*^t!!! Does he buy you gifts that are from the kids? He sounds like an a hole.
  • laural007
    laural007 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I actually get along really well with my ex so I will get him (from the kids):

Jeans
    Jordan Shoes
    Socks (he always needs socks)
    A big box filled with (toliet paper, paper towels, napkins, plates, chips, jerky, shampoo, body wash and a couple of gift cards to a sporting goods store)

Is your ex homeless?

tumblr_mdimabeY4l1qapzt3.gif

snickerlol.gif

Haha no. He never buys anything for himself, it always goes towards the kids. He's a great father so I try to show my appreciation. The box is a gag gift that I always used to get him when we were married so it carried over.
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    I would take the kids to get their pics taken (or do one up yourself)

have them decorate it (maybe one for home, one for the office) and there you go! craft stores have all sorts of things you can use. I would get a glue stick or dots to make clean up easy
  • stevewynjones
    stevewynjones Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I'd go with the home made theme.

Remember that he's YOUR ex husband...not the kids ex dad.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options

Haha no. He never buys anything for himself, it always goes towards the kids. He's a great father so I try to show my appreciation. The box is a gag gift that I always used to get him when we were married so it carried over.

In that case... that's very sweet. :flowerforyou:
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    This guys sounds like a piece of work. . But you seem to be a good mom who is trying to do your best to set a good example for your kids and demonstrate forgiveness and civility. Either that or you are still in love with him. .

Anyway, Bed, Bath, & Beyond is the perfect store. . take the kids in there and let them pick some crap. My kid picked out Pine-Cones and Dryer Balls last time :laugh: . . . . Better yet. . go to goodwill and buy him an old beat up waffle iron. .

Oh. .I've got it!. . DONATE $100 to charity in HIS name. . This will be a great lesson for the kids!

BTW. .does he get YOU something for Christmas?

Good Luck!
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    Edited because people take *kitten* way too seriously.

Buying for my ex-husband on behalf of his kids. Ran out of ideas.

Need help.

Better?

Seriously.........

Edited because i hit POST before i wrote everything.. yeah, im special like that. :laugh:

Anyhoo.. I didnt read everything, so here is what i think.

Depending on the ages of the kids.. let them pick or at least give you ideas. My kids are 13 & 15. They picked out these items for their Dad this year....

The 15 year old wanted to get her dad a took kit.. (The man who works on tractor trailers for a living, but never has a tool at his house.. lol) So we picked up some craftsman wrenches, screwdrivers and socket sets at Sears on black friday and a toolbag for less than $50.

The 13 year old got her father (who had a heart attack at the age of 35) an e-cigarette (he said to her if he could afford one *cough* he WOULD quit.. lol. he still hasnt learned not to tell these children things unless he is telling them the truth.. lol) She also got him an LED light up leash and collar for their dog, since he takes her for hikes un the mountain at night.. because shes scared he will have a heart attack & no one will see him.

Can you see which one is my worry wart? :huh:

If they cant tell you what to get, then i suggest doing something like going to YORK photos, shutterfly, or mypublisher online and making him a photomug (if he likes coffee) or a water bottle.. magnets for his toolbox.. a wall calander for his house.. a desk calander for his desk.. an apron if he cooks.. a golf towl.. trust me, they have something for EVERY MAN and all things there. And it will have pictures of his beautiful children on it.. if they are very small, you can use non toxic paints and put their hand or foot prints on them as their signature. (make sure you sign up for the sites BEFORE you make any of the projects, check your email, and click on "SPECIALS" on the tabs to see whats on sale first. For instance.. the mugs might be $8.99 but if you go through the "specials" tab, you can get one for $3.00!!

Good luck and I hope you find something special for him. =)
  • Toya2xcel
    Toya2xcel Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Id say give him an email confirmation, printed out, wrapped.. that shows him he has confirmed his new account at Christian Singles... Tell him it's what God wanted you to do.

:bigsmile:

hahahahahahahahahaha! I second this!
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Get a rubber stamp with his address, go to the book store and stamp that sucker on every subscription magazine card in the store. . then drop those in the mail. .

Tell him you got him a subscription to his favorite magazine. .
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    1 yr subscription to Christian Mingle.

Har har. Like anyone wants to meet someone on there!

Also, soap on a rope is always a classic.
  • Kathy_TheVampireSlayer
    Options
    SAY.jpg
  • Susanthecatwhisperer
    Options
    Ask the kids. Maybe their daddy wants a pony!:laugh:
  • ShareeMorty
    ShareeMorty Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    This is the first xmas since the ex and I split, I have no intention of spending what little money I have on him. He certainly won't spend his on me. I have told the kids to make him something. I will give them $10 each to buy something for me instead cos I am the one who does everything for them when he can't be bothered spending time with them.