Your workout ends. You are: STARVING! or lost your appetite

Options

Replies

• NocturnalGirl
    Options
    Both. At first I don't feel like eating anything and then after an hour or two I wanna eat the whole house haha
  • arachniagirl
    arachniagirl Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    If I go swimming I am starving...

What is it with water? I don't even need to swim, when I used to take my daughter to the pool and we'd just play around in the water I would still be starving when we were done.

I don't get super hungry right after my workouts, but for sure my overall appetite increases when I'm working out - the more exercise I do the hungrier I get.
  • julielittlefish
    julielittlefish Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    No appetite for about an hour, hour and a half. Then I get hungry.
  • LanaeCarol
    LanaeCarol Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I am really hungry after I exercise hard. I try to have dinner right after I get home from working out. If I work out at home I tend to do it in the evening and often will have a snack sfterward.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Complete loss of appetite. Eating is the last thing I want to do after my workout
  • CDG1013
    CDG1013 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Lost appetite. I work out early in the morning four days per week. I don't eat before I go to the gym and usually burn around 700 calories. When I get home, I'm not hungry so I just go to work. Most days it's not until mid morning that I finally want something to eat. On most days I stay in "negative calories" well into the afternoon.
  • chooriyah
    chooriyah Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Starving. Then angry (unless I eat quickly enough!)
  • PandaCustard
    PandaCustard Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    If I do cardio, I'm not hungry for a while (I work out around 2 until 3 or 3:30, then have dinner after work around 8-ish). But if I do weight-lifting, it's a whole different story. I don't eat as much protein as I should usually so that's probably why that happens after weight-lifting.
  • brendaschmitt1
    Options
    It is so weird because when i lift weights I am hungry afterwards so I have a protein shake to repair my muscles and take the hunger pains away but when I do cardio I am not hungry. I do not want to eat especially because i feel like I work my butt off so I do not want to eat.
  • michellew91
    michellew91 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    STARVING, as in if it's not nailed down I want to eat it!
  • Ashonym
    Ashonym Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Exercise (read: cardio/walking) drains my appetite, so loss for me. It keeps me feeling content for a long period of time afterwards too, although recently I find myself not very hungry at all throughout the day anyways. Unless I skip breakfast or lunch and try to save it up for dinner. Then half way to dinner I'm starving, but that's another topic.

Yay exercise!
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    I can do a 3 hr bike ride with some snacks during the ride, or a hard spin bike session, or hill sprints, or lifting session, and it can vary as to how hungry afterwards.

Sometimes very hungry. Sometimes not much at all.

But usually on the ones where I don't feel hungry, if I don't eat what I know the body needs, I'll be very hungry later and hard to stop at the same level as if I did eat a snack after the workout.

One of those eat 200 after, then eat 500-600 meal.
    Or skip snack, and meal becomes 1000 or more easily, or if I keep the meal at 600, later is harder still and over-compensate.

I know what the body needs, even if it's too tired at the moment to tell me correctly.
  • erin4609
    erin4609 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Usually not hungry right afterwards but HUNGRY an hour or two later
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    loss of appetite here.
  • Tamika_84
    Tamika_84 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Depends on the workout. Cardio I lose my appetite but opposite effect with strength training.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Usually starving
  • shedder3000
    Options
    I always find I'm famished after a long period of moderate exercise - usually a 70min non vigorous swim. After more vigorous aerobic exercies like running for longer than 45 minutes, I lose my appetite
  • ebailey710
    ebailey710 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    If I do an hour on the elliptical I lose my appetitie, initially. Don't understand why it tends to change my carby starchy cravings into meaty protein ones, though. Anyone else notice this?

It does that to me too.
  • ebailey710
    ebailey710 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Usually, STARVING. But not right away, I drink a LOT of water when I work out, so I'm full from that, but pretty soon it wears off and I want to eat everything. Usually burgers and cake is what I start craving, and I shut it up with a protein shake lol
  • Faericn_Rising
    Options
    Totally unhungry afterwards.