311 lbs. Lost!! and Body Lift on the 24th!! Started a Blog!

Options

Replies

• dogo187
    dogo187 Posts: 376
    Options
    your blog is great...i love that you are not scared to share your pictures...

job well done Mate!
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Bumping this because awesomeness shouldn't sit on page 30.
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • jamielovesjbs
    jamielovesjbs Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    incredible! so inpiring!
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    You are such an inspiration ED
  • pet1127
    pet1127 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    bumping this so I can find it daily
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Bumping this because I want more people to know you are worth it and no matter how far your think you have dug yourself into a hole, there is ALWAYS a way out!!!! :drinker:
  • lousoulbody
    lousoulbody Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Awesome journey Ed, thank you for sharing you story, you are truly an inspiration!.

Cheers:drinker:
  • 19bulldog60
    19bulldog60 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Mich4871
    Mich4871 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Holy Amazing!!!!!! What an incredible accomplishment!!! You look FANTASTIC!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    I came across your blog a few months ago and have been following it. Sir, you truly are an inspiration. You look fantastic. I wish you continued success on this incredible journey.

I loved the sky diving pics and video! That's on my bucket list as well. :happy:
  • LinCharpentier
    LinCharpentier Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Wowsers is all I can say.
  • marie_25m
    marie_25m Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss...you are an inspiration...
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    bump!!
  • ScarlettVamp
    ScarlettVamp Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    I've seen you around the forums and read your story before, and as always, I am completely inspired by your success and your "pay it forward" attitude. I wish you the best of luck on this next phase of your lifestyle change/weight loss journey. I have no doubt you will continue to be a huge inspiration to all who hear your story and see pictures of how you have changed your life. HUGS!
  • GypsyNrs4Evr
    GypsyNrs4Evr Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hello All,

Some may know me on here others that don't Hi, I have been on MFP coming up on a year but have been on my journey for the last 38 months. I started at 560 lbs. and currently weigh in at 249 lbs. for a loss of 311 lbs. with Diet and Exercise. Even though I have taken the weight off slowly and incorporated weight training, using lotions, etc. I have been left with a lot of excess skin that only an intervention will clear up. So I started looking on you tube for people that have had Body lift surgeries and couldn't find a lot so one of the reason I joined MFP last year was on the advice of my therapist because even though I had lost around 260 lbs. I was dealing with crippling social phobia and he thought by joining here continuing my weight loss journey and sharing it with everyone would help me through this phase. So nervously I bit the bullet put my story out here and have been participating in the forums and paying it forward the best that i can. I wanted to blog this next phase of my journey for those thinking about or needing skin surgery since i could not find much on it myself. So I started a website/blog where I could put b4 and after photos, do a video blog, and let people come along on this next part of my journey. It was a huge step out of my comfort zone but part of the 12 step program I went through, in the 12 step you pay it forward. So I emailed the MFP staff and got approval and am here to but my link up for those wanting to follow me on my blog and I also started a group here on MFP as well. I want to be as open about this process that I can and in doing so am hoping it can help anyone out there that is in need of inspiration or just having questions about this part of my journey. I will be shooting video from the hotel and after surgery (gonna try and give my wife a crash course so she can upload the video's to my blog and post for me because I am pretty sure I won't be feeling up to it for a few days.) Anyway links are at the bottom and I want to thank everyone for all the support you have given me over the course of the last year. I am on MFP more than Facebook these days. On a side note I get quite a few friends request and I apologize that I don't except everyone, I wish that I could but I keep my friends list small so that I can interact (which is why I came here in the first place) but I do add people from time to time and never delete a request. This is another reason I did the blog so that more people can still follow my story....

Thanks again
    Ed

Blog is at: www.gettingfit4life.com

group here on MFP: gettingfit4life

Me @ 560 lbs.
    2009May2.jpg

Me @ 249lbs.
    DSCF0626.jpg

Hugs!!!

AWESOME!!!!
  • janecl
    janecl Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Wow, what a transformation! Congratulations, Ed! You look awesome! Thanks for helping us all know it is possible!
  • LinCharpentier
    LinCharpentier Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Guess it's possible look at you. What a transformation.
  • RAINBOWBRITE2016
    RAINBOWBRITE2016 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is truly inspirational. It helps me know, that yes, I too can do this (again) with diet and exercise and that I don't have to have weight loss surgery. Both my Mother and my Sister had gastric bypass surgery and sometimes I feel left behind. Anyway, kudos to you and thanks for sharing!