SAHM 3/22 - 3/28

Options

Replies

• DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Wow, Katie, is that your sister? ;)
    Can already see a difference, way to go!

I was afraid the line for the free ice cream last night would be torturously long, but it wasn't bad at all. They only had 3 flavors, but luckily one of them was cherry garcia, which I really like.

Grace did amazing in her bed last night. I think she was "done" for the day. Andy went to brush Grace's teeth, and she had already crawled in bed, wouldn't budge. So Andy had to do them right there. After that I went in and gave her loves, put a blanket on her... and we didn't hear from her till well after midnight. I don't know if she fell out or got out, but she was on the floor. I put her back in. Just before Andy got up for work, I heard Grace get out again and curl up on the floor next to her bed. The next time I heard her it was 8:30. She was babbling and playing with her plush friends. After a while she started patting the bathroom door, so I got up and put her on.
    So, yeah, didn't have to fight to get her in, and wasn't bothered in the morning. She was a rock star.

Down to 204.8 this morning, hoping to drop that .8 by Saturday. That would be awesome.
  • sassydot
    sassydot Posts: 141
    Options
    Looking good Katie!

My daughter was a nightmare to put in a bed. She got up sooo many times a night it was heinous (in her crib she'd been a 7-7 sleeper from about 8 weeks old). Eventually I just stopped getting up, we closed out bedroom door so she couldn't get in, and left her to it out in the hallway. She got the idea pretty quickly after that. I wish we'd thought to try the reward thing, she goes nuts for stickers...
    Oliver, on the other hand, one night we out him in Caitlyn's bed as a joke and pretended we ere going to put her in his crib LOL anyway when we got tired of playing that game we took him out and boy did he ever SCREAM he wanted back in that bed! So the next night we set his bed up and he was an angel. He's always loved his sleep, though.
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    Well I just put the mighty Fu down for her first nap in her bed. Nap is usually tough for her, as it would often take her quite a while to conk out in her crib. She got in bed by herself and I had her lay down, gave her her favorite bear, put her cuddliest blanket on, and started rubbing her back and singing. She sat up several times. I'm listening to her on the baby monitor now. Just as long as she stays in her bed (or cuddled up on the pile of blankets on the floor that I put there last night in case she fell out), and not playing & making a mess, I'll consider it a success.

Getting pretty anxious over my run today. Friend Jazz was unable to come over again, which leaves me waiting till Andy gets home, but then I have a primary presidency (kids leadership at church) meeting at 7:30. So somewhere between 6 and 7, I need to get my workout in. Ack! I suppose I could go after, but I never know how long these things run, and I'd rather not take my chances. I get all wound up and can't sleep if I work out too late.

got my 64 oz down the hatch already, with another 60 planned before bed :)
  • dolphin7
    dolphin7 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon, usually I check in, in the a.m. but was busy today. Got 55 min. workout in after breakfast, then babysat for a friend of mine. Now I'm eating some pineapple trying to eat back my exercise calories, I already know what I'm eating for dinner and still have 500 calories to eat. Hmm, maybe a treat, small cup of ice cream :love:

Trish, our youngest is still struggling with staying in her bed, she usually fights it every night, says "I'm too tired to walk", to get to her bed, (she'll be 3 in May), and she usually jumps in bed with us about 3 days a week around 2 a.m., but that is way better than having her in our bed all night. Being our last, I don't mind it so much.

Wow Katie your pics look great, you can totally see the difference, that is great! Keep up the good work!

Goals: Laundry is going, water consumption is right on track, enjoy the rest of my evening!
  • blessdmomof4
    Options
    Hello Everyone!

I have missed you all during this tremendously busy days! I keep you all in my head encouraging me though :happy:!

Welcome to all you Newbies! I am a SAHM and homeschooling mom of 3 darlings ages 8, 6 and almost 5.

Katie - your pix are awesome. You look terrific. What a difference 10 lbs has made! I am wishing now that I took pictures 19lbs ago. I was so afraid of the camera though... I should still do it now since i have 21 till my goal (and 20 after that if I want to get to ideal weight!!)

Nicole- What are you taking for the iodine? I take kelp b/c, although my tests came back normal 2 years ago, I still have lots of hypothyroid symptoms but I don't ever notice a difference between when I take it and when I don't.

Trish- Don't feel bad about indulging. You just need to look at it as maintaining sanity rather than indulging.

Speaking of indulging...I hit Free Cone Day at Ben and Jerry's yesterday too. Chocolate PB swirl. Worth every single calorie!! Unfortunately it was also hubby's bday so I had cake later too...that was uncalled for.
    It seems I have reached the dreaded plateau. I haven't lost in a week and only a lb the week before that. I started Jillian MIchaels cleanse and burn 14 day boost to help myself over the hump. I hope it works. I've been averaging 110-150 oz of water most days to help w/ sodium but I'm sure the culprit is carbs and sugar so out they go again... I'm never over on carbs but always over on sugar :grumble: even when I don't eat any!!!! I was under today but only by like 1 and that was w/ no fruit! I had a spinach frittata for breakfast, hummus, veggies and deviled eggs for lunch and chix pot pie w/o the crust for dinner. No workout so had to stay under 1200...not easy.

Praying the scales tilt in my favor tomorrow :wink:

Goals for the rest of the week
    no sugar
    low carbs
    tons of water
    3 more workouts
    Lose some weight :laugh:
  • shera426
    shera426 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Long time no talk....no excuses for me, just got a little off track...okay I can't even see the track back up 8lbs WOW total shocker, ate a lot made bad choices and now i'm paying for it so not that much of a shocker. But i'm back here and making the most of it. I'm even getting into this running that is so foreign to my body. It's not much of a runner, more like a purple face running induced crazy lady trying to propel herself forward HAHA you ge the picture, i'm not a runner. More of a walker really but I figured what the heck I want to try something different and running seems to work for a lot of people. Here goes nothing!
    I missed everyone, hope all is well and I look forward to being accoutable!
  • nicolee516
    nicolee516 Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Melissa- The thing you have to look for with the iodine is that you want to make sure your getting enough. Your supplement might not give you enough. My doctor recommends 50 mg a day at least. Most supplements come in mcg form, Which means that is smaller than the mg's. I was taking a supplement that was 225mcg's. I would have to take at least 50 pills a day for me to even get a small impact. I am actually now taking Lugol's liquid iodine in my water. I have noticed my temperature is more normal. I am taking my temp everyday right now because we are trying to get preggo. Before my tep would fluctuate between 97.1 and 97.7....definitely showing something wrong there, since I have been taking hte iodine and using my essential oils, I have bee hovering right around 98. YAY!!!

Welcome back Shera!!!
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    welcome back shera! and i hear ya! i won't even post up my real wt till sunday. i'm still in denial and think i can "fix" it by then. and melissa--it's sooo totally carbs for me. just go right to the comfort food when i'm tired/stressed. and these last many wks have been that for me.
    i'm not doing a good job role modeling maturity. :(

just for the new folks--in case i forgot
    i'm a sahm to 9.5 yo girl, almost 6 girl and boy is 3. i will homeschool next school yr the little two. my oldest will go to a specialized private school to help her learn better with her illnesses (add and bipolar).
    i live in las vegas--have been since middle was baby. and b4 that in salt lake city and b4 that denver. grew up in the chgo suburbs.

in case anyone cares--my hobbies include reading, baking, walking, needlepoint and quilting. i am also the family photog and chronicler.

katie--those pics are worth 1000000000 words! GREAT JOB!!!
    and melissa, you most certainly need to do pics. i want to find something like what katie wore and re-do mine now. then i'll be able to really see how much more i need to go.

dolphin--you kick butt, woman! 55 min. whoa

need to finish up my day and get my head on for tomorrow. we have that iep mtg--and i REALLY want to get my daughter OUT of dumba-- tchr's classroom to this other tchr who is very love and logic'y. calmer. dsn't threaten them all day, etc.

hope everyone has a great day tomorrow!!
    i will do my BEST too!!
  • michfitzhome
    michfitzhome Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    sorry i have been MIA the past few weeks, been working on passes a class to do some work frmo home stuff and it has taken up all my time. hope everyone is well. i am off to bed before midnight for the first time in 2 weeks!
  • curliegirl
    curliegirl Posts: 191
    Options
    Hi all--feels like I haven't posted in a long while. Howdy to all the newbies! Post how you are doing so we can know ya!

Katie--WOW! I am so impressed with the photos--isn't that an encouragement to "see" the difference?
    Trish--great job on the bed--glad little one is doing so well!
    Stacey--prayers that the meeting goes well--keep your cool girl!
    Shera--you are back in it--just start from here & keep going! You can do it!

I won't be around much until Monday. I get to go out of town with some friends for the weekend for a Scrapbook Getaway--Yeah! No kids, no dishes, no work except on something I wanna do! Unfortunately I have NO control over the meals so I will just have to be smart & eat what I can. I will pack healthy snacks in case I need to just eat a "thank you" meal to be polite. ;)

I got new glasses tonight so I am kinda walking around in a fog. Today got in my walk & some of my water. Really tired and here I am still up waiting for #1 DS to get home from midweek worship on campus. Gotta love teenagers. Oh for the newbies -- kids are 18, 13, 11, & almost 8. We homeschool and my oldest is graduating in May--Yikes it keeps sneaking up on me. So much to do between now and then.

I did manage to do a small amount of strength training yesterday--starting my new habit this week. Tomorrow I will try to do the same amount & a little more. Why is this so hard? I love the jogging I am doing--it energizes me. Not so on the push ups/crunches & such.

I am off to bed so I am not a grump tomorrow. It is supposed to rain so I am battling the clouds again. Sigh-isn't it spring yet?

Kim
  • blessdmomof4
    Options
    Thanks Nicole, I will have to look into that. My body temp is always SOOO low. Some parts of the month I am 95. Where do you get the liquid iodine?

Welcome back Shera. You're already moving in the right direction if you're here!

Stacy - You can do it, you can do it. Say it all day long, every time those carbs call your name :wink:

Have a great day everyone!!
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    Have fun with your Scrapbooking friends, Curlie!

Last night was a panic moment. 4:15 I hear Grace crying. She's not on her bed, and I can't see her on the floor. It's kind of freaky to be able to hear your kid so close, but not be able to see them. I get up, and start looking for her. Finally I reach under the bed. Somehow she had gotten under there and was stuck. I didn't know how else to get her out from under there other than hauling on her foot, and accidentally bumping her head. She fell back to sleep pretty quick though. It was scary.
    She has a wedge in her bed that I'm thinking of moving to the side. Maybe it will help prevent rolling if I move it just right.

Dropped another pound since Tuesday. Looks like it's going to be a 4 lb loss this week. Don't get too excited. I'm thinking 2 lbs of it is water weight from AF leaving town, and the other 2 lbs is actual loss.
  • nicolee516
    nicolee516 Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Kim- Yay on the scrapbooking weekend!!!!

Melissa- I got it from my doctor, but there are a couple of places you can get it online. here is some info on a website about it...
    http://www.earthclinic.com/Remedies/iodine.html
    Here are a couple of places you can get it, as well as they have links on the earth clinic website.
    http://www.amazon.com/J-Crows-Lugols-Iodine-2-Liquid/dp/B001AEFM9Y
    www.drclark.com

I hope that helps.!

Trish! I would have been freaking out too! is there something you can block the bottom of her bed so that she can't roll under there again?

Drink, drink drink! my goal for the day! Aslo, more wallpaper needs to come off...ugh...
  • NaiLo
    NaiLo Posts: 39
    Options
    Hey ladies! Im a SAH (army) Mom!! Im Naomi, 24 with a 2 year old. I have been trying to get back to my old body for two years now...ITS TAKING FOREVER! and since Ive been working on becoming a personal trainer, life coach and nutritionist its been a goal to get to my "happy" self in order to start the career journey. I recently decided that over the next year I am going to work on taking my diet to a new level, VEGAN!! woohooo....(ok maybe not that exciting) but I am hoping it will challenge me to stay committed to something that doesn't just benefit me, but also the environment. :)
    ...I really wanted to find a group where I didn't feel pressured to hit a deadline, but just a place to record my struggles or achievements everyday and get good old fashioned support from some of my favorite people: MOMMIES!!!
  • elysant
    elysant Posts: 139
    Options
    I was going to start walking this week (I don't own a treadmill) and what does it do.... it SNOWS 1 1/2 feet!!!! Yesterday was nice and a lot of it melted off but it is supposed to snow again today and it is COLD today. Yuck!!!!! I am ready for spring already!!! Real spring, where it is warm and nice outside. The upside is that I took Tristan out in the back yard and played in the snow for a while. That was a lot of fun and some pretty good exercise :o) But I really want to go for a walk!!! :o)

Doing good though. I lost a little over a pound last week!

Okay... time to log off!! Have a wonderful day ladies! :o)
  • NaiLo
    NaiLo Posts: 39
    Options
    I was going to start walking this week (I don't own a treadmill) and what does it do.... it SNOWS 1 1/2 feet!!!! Yesterday was nice and a lot of it melted off but it is supposed to snow again today and it is COLD today. Yuck!!!!! I am ready for spring already!!! Real spring, where it is warm and nice outside. The upside is that I took Tristan out in the back yard and played in the snow for a while. That was a lot of fun and some pretty good exercise :o) But I really want to go for a walk!!! :o)

Doing good though. I lost a little over a pound last week!

Okay... time to log off!! Have a wonderful day ladies! :o)

Us TOO! its so annoying! Im in Co springs...it was so nice and sunny, warm even the day before it snowed and I had even went out to run in the morning...this is just depressing. lol
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    Do you guys have some place warm & dry you can walk? Every other week I go to the mall & walk laps around the inside. Last week i did 2.5 miles in 40 mins. It was awesome!
    Maybe look for something nearby like that?

Need to start chugging water & get some snacks into Grace & I. I don't know what to block the bottom of her bed with, but it did cross my mind.
  • amypyr
    amypyr Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Hello! The extra water seems to be working! I've increased my water level and walked to pick up the kids from school the last 2 days, and I'm back to 156.5, where I was a week from Tuesday! :happy: Now I need to get back to doing Shred and logging what I eat. I'm hoping to get to walk to pick up the kids today, but the sky isn't looking too good.

Katie - WOW!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • sassydot
    sassydot Posts: 141
    Options

She has a wedge in her bed that I'm thinking of moving to the side. Maybe it will help prevent rolling if I move it just right.

Over here we put like a rolled-up towel under the edge of the mattress, raises it up a lil on that side and keeps them from rolling out by accident cos they won't roll uphill
  • dolphin7
    dolphin7 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Great news, LOST 1 lb., YEAH for me!!!! Feel like I've finally made it over the hump, and past the plateau. Learned a few things: exercise more (cardio), don't count strength training as calories burned, and watch my portion control, lots of water. I've come to realize that I really think I will have to be a calorie counter for the rest of my life, it is just way too easy to slip, and keep eating, right before I joined this group, I had taken about a 6 month break from logging on this website, then after being back for a month or so, I'm showing success? Duh, I need this website to be accountable, plus all the support from you WONDERFUL ladies!

Rest of the day is parent/teacher conferences on and off, and out shopping with my oldest DS looking for a swimsuit for our trip next week to Vegas, planning on playing in the pools with the kiddos, my current swimsuit is too big up top, I managed to lose quite a bit of my boobs in this weight loss journey, so need something flattering.

Trish, I stuck an extra crib mattress we had, under our daughter's toddler bed, so she can't slide under there, but I could never solve the problem of her falling out of bed, but I had never thought of putting the rolled up towel under the mattress, I always laid it next to her and she ended up pushing it off and falling out, hmmm, I will have to try this.

Amy, I agree, I think WATER is the key! Great job on keeping up on yours.

Welcome any newbies, I've missed. I love reading through everyone's posts........accomplishments, successes, trials.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!