Requesting all your healthy soup recipes!

Options

Replies

• Yieya
    Yieya Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Made this one tonight...

Creamy Black Bean and Avocado soup
    1 hass avocado
    2 cans of black beans
    1/2 cup diced onion
    1/2 cup chopped peppers (I used red)
    2 cloves of garlic
    3 cups vegetable broth (I used chicken broth...lol)
    1 lime (squeeze the juice in at the end)
    1 small bunch of cilantro
    the following is all according to taste
    salt/ pepper
    cumin
    red chili flakes
    I sautéed the onions, peppers and garlic with a little spray evoo then added the beans, seasonings and broth. Bring to a boil then throw in blender to puree. add the avocado and cilantro at this time. Blend to desired consistency. Enjoy! My recipe came out to about 270 calories and 13g of protein for 1 1/2 cups of the soup. Makes 4 servings
  • leanveins
    leanveins Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    bump so many great ideas.
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    Options
    Bump.
  • Kathe2
    Kathe2 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • venturaroo
    venturaroo Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • amathwills
    amathwills Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    bump
  • JBWILLOW
    JBWILLOW Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    bump
  • iqnas
    iqnas Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    bump
  • krismcarr
    Options
    Well you don't need a crock pot for this one since you can whip it up so quickly, but its great for you and very affordable!

Pumpkin Soup
    -1 small onion, chopped finely
    -2 cloves of garlic
    -1 can of puree pumpkin
    -2-3 cups of vegetable stock (depending on the consistency you want)
    -1 tbs ginger
    -1 tbs italian seasoning
    -salt and pepper, to taste

Cook your onions and garlic in olive oil until they become translucent. Mix in canned pumpkin, stock and seasonings. I let this simmer for about 30 min. Serve with a dollop of greek yogurt or sour cream if you'd like the soup to be creamier.

I sometimes change the herbs depending on what I have on hand or what I'm in the mood for. Hope you enjoy!
  • jamiev522
    jamiev522 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Go to skinnytaste.com and look at her crock pot recipes. They're awesome!
  • mbryant22
    mbryant22 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    bump
  • hibble
    hibble Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • Kasya007
    Kasya007 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jenmsu83
    jenmsu83 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    This is my suuuuuuuper easy chicken soup that I sometimes change up ingredients with...but the base is:

4 cups chicken broth or stock
    1/2 onion, diced
    3 carrots, diced
    3-4 stalks of celery, diced
    2 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
    about 1 cup cooked chicken
    italian seasoning, any other seasoning you want really
    cooked noodles/rice/tortellini/couscous/quinoa/whatever grain you want really

I saute up the carrots, celery and garlic with a little olive oil (or cooking spray) for about 5 minutes and add the italian seasoning to the veggies while they are cooking.

Put the veggies into a saucepan or stock pot and add broth. Bring to a boil and then turn heat down to a simmer and add cooked chicken and cook for about 5 more minutes. (I add the pasta/rice/whatever at the end right before serving so it doesn't get mushy).

I love soup this time of year...and it's really filling. Sometimes I will add canned tomatoes or chopped cabbage to the soup too and it's yummy!

I usually make it into 2 to 3 big servings, but it could serve 4 if you have something else with it.
  • lambjoo
    lambjoo Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Aleph13
    Aleph13 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I like to use leftover roast chicken to make an asian broth. Heat a load of chicken stock in the pan, add tamarind paste or thai curry paste, fresh chilli, garlic, ginger, turmeric, coriander, fish sauce, lime juice and soy sauce. Add noodles and chicken and some fresh greens like brocoli, pak choi or cabbage... and cook for 3-4 mins. Lovely :-) You can modify this and add whatever you want really. Its good with prawns, leftover beef... you can put mange tout or spring onions in... it's flexible and healthy and very warming with the spices and ginger x
  • babynew
    babynew Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Been looking around for a split pea recipe. Saw a few goodones here that have been tried. Thanks
    :flowerforyou:
  • easycure
    easycure Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    bump
  • justlistening
    justlistening Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Gotta save the recipes! Thanks!
  • toriaenator
    toriaenator Posts: 423 Member
    Options