How Screwed is Dexter????

Options

Replies

• Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    I think I would have a hard time with Dexter killing Laguerta. She's a total *****, but not a bad person and certainly doesn't deserve to die. Taking her out would make Dexter truly evil, and I just don't see that happening. I can certainly see Laguerta being screwed over by Matthews and I do like the idea that he may already know that Dex is the BHB.
    I disagree. I think LaGuerta is evil. She's a vindictive bitch.
    Yes, but vindictive *****es don't deserve to be murdered. She deserves to be humiliated and have her career ruined, but that's all. She's a cop, she's doing her job and she happens to be right about Dexter. We just want her to fail because she sucks as a person.
    ugh. Why couldn't Brian have killed her like he was supposed to?
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    Dexter is the best show right now!! This season is better than last season...which I found so-so, by Dexter standards. You know they are going to throw in some crazy twist in the next two episodes though to make us all long for next season!!
    Next season???? I thought this was a "series" ending year.

Season 8 will be the last.
  • _KATzMeow
    _KATzMeow Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Dexter is the best show right now!! This season is better than last season...which I found so-so, by Dexter standards. You know they are going to throw in some crazy twist in the next two episodes though to make us all long for next season!!
    Next season???? I thought this was a "series" ending year.

it is NOT the last season, if it was they would be announcing as the final season, they dont leave people wondering.
  • Drunkadelic
    Options
    I think I would have a hard time with Dexter killing Laguerta. She's a total *****, but not a bad person and certainly doesn't deserve to die. Taking her out would make Dexter truly evil, and I just don't see that happening. I can certainly see Laguerta being screwed over by Matthews and I do like the idea that he may already know that Dex is the BHB.
    Yes, but vindictive *****es don't deserve to be murdered. She deserves to be humiliated and have her career ruined, but that's all. She's a cop, she's doing her job and she happens to be right about Dexter. We just want her to fail because she sucks as a person.
    and because its just a tv show, I think it would be awesome for Dexter to take her down!
    tumblr_m3ekm6UjdS1r5r2c1.gif
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    Hannah's father was "Bobby" from my favorite show Supernatural. I can't help but think the whole "it's bobby" message was a shoutout to the SPN fandom!

THANK YOU! I could not figure out what show he was on. My BF was like, "he's a character actor that's on a lot of shows" but I knew he was on something regularly that I watched. I am so bad about this kind of thing, which is why I love IMDB so much.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options

and because its just a tv show, I think it would be awesome for Dexter to take her down!

True, but I like to like my characters, even when it comes to fiction. If Dexter killed her, my view of him and what he has done would change. Anyway, I think it would be much more fun to see her humiliated. Death is too easy.
  • AshleighPhilp1
    Options
    I'm pretty sure Dex isn't getting away from all the loose ends... The last episode is called Lethal injection :'( I saw it on imdb but they have taken then name away now.
  • Drunkadelic
    Options
    I'm pretty sure Dex isn't getting away from all the loose ends... The last episode is called Lethal injection :'( I saw it on imdb but they have taken then name away now.
    last episode of the series or this season?
  • AshleighPhilp1
    Options
    Last episode of this season and the whole series as this is the final season.
  • NJSunshine13
    Options
    Oh you guys just gave me the BEST Christmas gift ............. another year of Dexter!!!!!!! I was so sad to see we only had two episodes left. Now I get a season 8!!!

I just read that Dexter wanted $1M per episode, so I wonder if they have to free up some cash and will be getting rid of some higher paid people.

The only other show that even compares to my Dexter excitement is American Horror Story.
  • WeekndOVOXO
    WeekndOVOXO Posts: 779 Member
    Options

This isn't the last season. Next season is the series finale

And Matthews definitely knows Dexter is a serial killer.
  • Drunkadelic
    Options
    wrong
  • Drunkadelic
    Options
    Oh you guys just gave me the BEST Christmas gift ............. another year of Dexter!!!!!!! I was so sad to see we only had two episodes left. Now I get a season 8!!!

I just read that Dexter wanted $1M per episode, so I wonder if they have to free up some cash and will be getting rid of some higher paid people.

The only other show that even compares to my Dexter excitement is American Horror Story.
    Okay that settles it. I'm starting AHS as soon as I have some free time.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    Nearly two weeks after Showtime announced that Dexter would be returning for at least two more seasons, network president, David Nevins, has confirmed that the writers and producers are in the process of outlining an end date for the fan-favorite series – specifically that season six will set the stage for a season eight series finale.

http://screenrant.com/dexter-series-finale-season-8-benk-142024/
    Nevins left the door open future seasons of the serial killer drama. Season 7 of "Dexter" begins Sept. 30, and Nevins called it a "game-changing year" for the show. Showtime has commissioned an eighth season as well and Nevins acknowledged that the show is expected to go off the air after Season 8.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/30/dexter-final-season-8_n_1721364.html

Of course they leave it open in the articles:
    "That's the likely scenario," Nevins said. "I'm not making any announcements today, but plans can always change. I think everything has gotten rewired this year in a very interesting way, given that Deb has to deal with who her brother is. We'll see where that carries us."

I hope they end it in Season 8 but do it well. I hate when shows drag on or fast forward to meet the determined end date (much like Weeds... it was complete but it didn't feel complete)
  • NJSunshine13
    Options

Okay that settles it. I'm starting AHS as soon as I have some free time.
    You won't be sorry. It is sooo weird. And you can watch this season without seeing last season because they do not relate to each other. It's two different story lines ... but a few of the same actors (but they play different people).
  • tracypk
    tracypk Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I think Dexter will kill Hannah. I haven't really figured out why, but I'm leaning towards her making a mistake trying to kill either Deb or Dexter. Hannah seems to kill those she is close to like her husband and her boss that left her the nursery. I want Laguerta gone too. I don't care how. I don't like Deb in love with Dexter, but I do like her I don't want her to be taken off the show. I like Quinn too. The only person I don't like is Laguerta. I think Matthews is going to get Laguerta off Dexters trail whether he knows the truth or not. Even if Laguerta tried to get dirt on Dexter she would fail. He's too good at covering his trail. All she has is circumstantial evidence. Nothing she could come up with would get him a guilty verdict even if it did get that far.
  • MelisMusing
    MelisMusing Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    The simple solution. Kill everyone.
  • imanole
    imanole Posts: 169 Member
    Options

Not the final season. Showtime announced they have signed for season 7 (this season) and 8, next season.
  • imanole
    imanole Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    The simple solution. Kill everyone.

LOL. Not the kids though. ;-)
  • Drunkadelic
    Options
    I hope they end it in Season 8 but do it well. I hate when shows drag on or fast forward to meet the determined end date (much like Weeds... it was complete but it didn't feel complete)
    Weeds was such an utter disappointment.