Females: Is it just me who gains during a visit from TOM?

Options

Replies

• mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I'm lucky - I don't gain an ounce during my TOM. No PMS symptoms either.
  • mistyladidah
    mistyladidah Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I recommend weighing daily for a while if you can without bring bummed by fluctuating. That way you can go back and see the trend. I think it's kind of cool.

I was able to see that a couple days before I seemed to gain 3 pounds, and started using that as a clue that my cycle was about to start. It doesn't bug me, and by the end of my period, it's usually lower than when I started! There were a few months that I logged the most actual loss at a time then. Nothing to help you feel awesome like gaining 3 in water then losing that and 2 more!

edit for spelling
  • CherronRW
    Options
    i do and its horrible i'm 3 lbs heavier today than i was yesterday.
  • _skittybang
    _skittybang Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mc8sn5QX7s1qefsxto1_500.gif
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    No
  • sissie2955
    Options
    I wish it was only 2-5lbs. Sadly, for me I gain 10-20lbs during my period. 2 weeks of the month are usually horrible on what the scale says but since I track it I know what is normal or not. Seriously amazing to watch the scale change so drastically. I have not seen anyone else have that much but it is normal. Log for you over the next few months and you will know what is normal for you.
  • PINKinquisition1908
    Options
    This question is right on time. It's my TOM right now. Not only am I retaining water...but I am also HUNNNNNNNGRY! My self control is slipping. I ate a donut and pizza today. That was not the food I had planned. I'm afraid with that and 2 Christmas parties this week I am in trouble. :sad:
  • IntoTheSky
    IntoTheSky Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    My question, though, is - How many of you are on your first period ever? I will even give you 3-4........ But every girl knows by age 14 - 15 that we get bloated, cranky, whiny, have an upset tummy and are hungry for the period of time just before your (generally) predictable cycle and can continue for (typically) 4-7 days. Ok, if you have always had hormonal issues and are just now getting it straightened out, I can *kinda* see the confusion, but, hell, even then, you KNOW it happens, even if it doesn't happen to you. I can almost guarantee you, if you ask 4 men if women gain a few pounds on the rag, at least 3 of them will be able to confirm the phenomenon, and they don't even have a uterus!!!!
  • Belinda658
    Belinda658 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Normal
  • _KATzMeow
    _KATzMeow Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    really?????
  • _KATzMeow
    _KATzMeow Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    My question, though, is - How many of you are on your first period ever? I will even give you 3-4........ But every girl knows by age 14 - 15 that we get bloated, cranky, whiny, have an upset tummy and are hungry for the period of time just before your (generally) predictable cycle and can continue for (typically) 4-7 days. Ok, if you have always had hormonal issues and are just now getting it straightened out, I can *kinda* see the confusion, but, hell, even then, you KNOW it happens, even if it doesn't happen to you. I can almost guarantee you, if you ask 4 men if women gain a few pounds on the rag, at least 3 of them will be able to confirm the phenomenon, and they don't even have a uterus!!!!

no not every one gets bloated and cranky and have to talk about it all the time!!!!
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    It's not you, it's me
  • lapinu390
    lapinu390 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hey, you wanna know something funny that you probably wont believe? lol I used to put on 7lbs before i went on tablets and lose it after TOM And because of that I became anemic! It really wasn't nice :(
  • jessicalynn75
    jessicalynn75 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Yep, up to 7 pounds. Lose it and then some the week after...
  • mjterp
    mjterp Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Yup...seven pounds for me this month. (I vary 5-8 pounds with TOM)
    Yuck...but I don't sweat it because it really does melt off after Tom finally gets here...
  • IntoTheSky
    IntoTheSky Posts: 390 Member
    Options

no not every one gets bloated and cranky and have to talk about it all the time!!!!

Look! I put this part in for people like you! *even then, you KNOW it happens, even if it doesn't happen to you.* I do get bloated and cranky. I don't talk about it. Mainly, because the majority of women before me have talked about it, and used it for excuses, for centuries. We *all* know what the possible symptoms are, even if each of us does not suffer in the same exact way. Just quit whining and be thankful that you don't get banished to a seperate hut one week out of each month like in some remote villages without diurex or tampons.
  • katz22
    katz22 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I gain a few lbs and then lose it again. Apparently higher levels of estrogen in the last part of the cycle create a glycogen sparing effect. I will say the symptoms I get every month have decreased since taking up regular exercise (I used to get cramps so painful once it made me faint when shopping and I got taken to hospital ) although I still get a bit PMS ragey.
  • Tamara4Jesus
    Options
    Merry Christmas! Sorry I haven't been in here for awhile, but I've just been busy since its Christmas. My cycles have been pretty weird lately. Last month I was so heavy, I then spotted a couple of times a week after it started. It was five weeks until I started this one on Thurs. I only had it for about 3 hrs. then it wen't away. My Dr. said that I'm going through menapause. The picture in my profile was taken yesterday, and that last year about this time, I weight about 210 maybe 224 which I think it was. So I've lost 39 lbs.I feel so much better. chat later. Tamara
  • Tamara4Jesus
    Options
    this is not my day for typing I guess when I don't feel very good. I'll write tomorrow.I do have one question. which code do I copy to put any picturers I want to put on my post?