How did you get proposed to?

Options

Replies

• Windy_
    Windy_ Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I love reading these! I'm such a hopeless romantic. Sigh. Maybe one day I can post my story...

You can start by posting a picture of your face, then maybe you will find love on mfp.

60% of the time it works every time?
  • sarahbethrn18
    sarahbethrn18 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    We discussed the possiblity of getting married at a cafe one night in the middle of the night and the next day we went ring shopping. I picked out my own ring and picked it up when it was finished being sized. We were standing in the bedroom and I had the ring box, I had to remind him that he was suppose to ask me to marry him. That night we ended up in the ER becuase he had some kind of crazy allergic reaction to new laundry detergent. He told everyone that he was allergic to being engaged.
  • pinky_pie
    Options
    I told him we were getting married and which month would he like, September or October? September was chosen, and 7 years later we're still quite happy - but the honeymoon is definitely over LOL I personally find romance to be overrated.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I kind of told him it was time to propose to me and handed him my late grandmother's ring to serve as a temporary until we could get "our" ring. Then later, he asked me again when he had "our" ring ready.
  • MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    My fiance planned a day trip to New York City, and popped the question on a carriage ride in Central Park! <3 Very romantic!
  • KristysLosing
    Options
    Let's see...we had been together for just over a year. He took me out for dinner on Valentine's Day. He had picked out a ring behind my back, but he wasn't able to pick it up before our date. He really wanted to propose that day though. So after dinner, we went driving around the countryside, like we always used to do. We then went to a park, it was like 1:30am. Then as we sat in the car chatting, he asked. :smile: We've been married for 6.5 years and together for 10 years now, which just seems crazy!
  • Kitship
    Kitship Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    We were celebrating our anniversary in northern AZ (Flagstaff). He drove me up to the bottom of a mountain in a beautiful meadow. I could tell he was soooo nervous...we walked around the meadow for a while holding hands, and he finally popped the question. We were both crying!
  • Tsmartin07
    Options
    We met playing cards so he planned a party and we were playing cards....the cards fit together like a puzzle and said 'Will you marry me" with a picture of us.
  • Athena98501
    Athena98501 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    It was actually perfect, to me. I had fallen in love with one unique ring design a couple of months earlier. When we had enough money, we went and bought it together. He hung onto it, and wanted to find some special way to do it, but I didn't want to be waiting too long. I told him it didn't matter where we were, only that it was how he was feeling, so he laid across my lap on the couch, and wrapped his arms around me, and said from the heart all the things we all love to hear about how much they love us, and want to spend their lives with us, and all that. We both cried, but it was everything I could've hoped for. We've been married for a year and a half. We had actually met on another forum just over 3 1/2 years ago.
  • Vini9
    Vini9 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Such good stories :)

My hubby told me on our frist date that I was the one for him, I looked at him like he was crazy. Two years later we went to the same place we did on that frist date and he told me tha he wanted to talk to me. He had told me before he was thinking of going to the military, I thought he was going to tell me that he signed. Then he was like "Come here turd nugget" REALLY!! He did say some sweet things then and asked me to marry him. We have been togather 14 years and married 10. :) I will NEVER forget how he asked. LOL He really likes to be the funny man.
    PS. On our wedding day he went to get the garter off my leg and pulled out the biggest granny panties I have ever seen. Yup won't forget that one either. We are very happy. ;)
  • cherbapp
    cherbapp Posts: 322
    Options
    We 'met' in an old Yahoo chat room...I was working online with a chat room window open and never looked at it till I went to close down the computer. When I saw that window up there were only two people left and I get this private message asking if I know how to switch rooms. I told him...then he asks a few questions and I was like...I'm too tired to type but if you wanna call me you can, he did. Talked till 4 am and came to meet me for lunch the next day.

He proposed 2 months later...by saying 'so would you ever get married again?' And I said 'probably to the right guy'. He asked if he was the right guy...and we got married 2 months after that. Courthouse and Applebee's. woohoo. Lol

Everyone thought it was a crock....we had both been married before.

But that was 13 years ago and we are still going good!
  • angelizer
    Options
    mine has a bit of a back story for it to make sense, so heres the short version.
    We had been together nearly 2 years when we got hit with a series of crappy events first his ex took his son on hoilday to a different country and then decided she wasn't ever coming back. then i got made redundant, luckly i got enough warning that i was able to find another job pretty soon after finishing my old one, then my partner also go made redundant which we totaly didnt see coming and to top it all off our landlord died and her family wanted out of the house so they could sell it.
    So anyway we are in the mall looking for a PS3 to keep my partner entertained while hes waiting 2 hear about jobs and we walk past a jewery store and he says to me "things have been bad lately lets try focus on something good, shall we go get a ring?"
  • MrsWonderland
    MrsWonderland Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I had thought I would be an old maid for the rest of my life. I prayed one day and told God I wanted a man that would love me forever. So one day at work I noticed this guy that was different than the rest. He wasnt conceited for as good as he looked, he just did his job and was respectable to everyone. He really intrigued me, he just seemed so different. A few days later my friends kept telling me to talk to him but I was shy and old fashioned, so I couldnt just walk up him and start talking. One day at the vending machine I got my hot chocolate and when I looked up there he was, just looking at me. I smiled and walked away. I didnt know that I had his heart then. :love:

So the next night at work I decided to just walk up to him and ask him something about his job, but when I got there I forgot what I was going to say. He started talking to me and was so sweet. Then he asked me to breakfast. I said yes right away. That was December 15th. We hit it off so perfectly, I have never been that comfortable with anyone. I had a daughter who was 7, through a rape, so this was something new to me.

After breakfast I invited him to my house. He met my mom and daughter. The first man I had ever brought home. He never wanted to leave and I felt the same way. About two weeks later he was driving to the store and suddenly after a long silence he says to me, "I fell in love with you at first sight". My heart melted. Then he told me that just before we met he prayed and asked God for someone to love him forever. I couldnt believe what I was hearing, that sounded like the same prayer I prayed. Then he just up and said "Will you marry me?" It didnt seem so romantic, but I guess somehow it was. He already had it in his mind while he was driving to the store that we were gonna go pick out rings. I hoped he would get on one knee then, but no luck.

6months later we were married and I couldnt be anymore loved. I still cant understand how he cant be conceited. Its been 5 wonderful years.:heart::heart: :heart:
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    He had something planned out at home, I was cranky and wasn't cooperating apparently.. lol so when we were dropping our son off at my mom's, she distracted me for a bit, I went to the living room to find him on one knee, my son sitting on the other, holding the ring box. It was nice!!
  • tabbykat6802
    tabbykat6802 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I guess my hubby got too excited about proposing, so he jumped the gun in my opinion. He picked me up for the weekend to go to the RenFaire. He mentioned that he had a gift for me. After I dropped my bag in his bedroom, he told me to turn around and there he was w/ the ring and a pile of dirty laundry in between us. I love him to death, but it would have been so romantic if he had popped the question at the Faire, instead of over the pile. I guess that's the knight in shining armor dream that many girls have.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    Short version:

He and I picked the ring out together. Then we went to dinner at the restaurant we both worked at, where we met. He was so nervous that he got totally stinking drunk. We had been living together for 10 months and I helped him pick out the ring, I don't know why he thought I might say no. He did get down on one knee and propose to me. When we got home, he puked all over because of how much he'd had to drink. Ummm, not the most romantic thing in the world, having to clean him up afterwards. LOL
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    I DIDN'T, THANKS FOR THE REMINDER.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I DIDN'T, THANKS FOR THE REMINDER.

5ZDfM.gif
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    my husbands father, proposed to his mom when they were in the car driving home, he took out the ring box and tossed it to her, then said, so what do you think, you wanna get married. and she still married him after that!

so when my husband proposed, we had just got home and were in the driveway and he said "i have to ask you something' and he handed me the box. then he got on his knee (in the cab of the truck) and asked me to marry him. it was so cute i loved it.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    the first time, laying in bed, watching TV - no naughty stuff - "We should get married." me, "ok". him - "Guess we should go to the mall and get you a ring, huh?" me, "ok"

the second time, laying in bed, watching tv, I'd finally said I love you back after 3 months, him "your name would sound good with my last name" me "Oh yeah? is that a marriage proposal?" him "Yeah actually, but I hope youre ok with not getting a ring?" me "its ok"

Edited spelling of your