Ladies and weight lifting

Options

Replies

• ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    Lol Ithanks for helping me find some more pics for my Pinterest board...I'm sure I'll be JUST like that girl. :laugh:

You kind of remind me of this guy: tumblr_lq3nizNw2m1qg8t4ro1_500.jpg
  • maqsmj
    maqsmj Posts: 697
    Options
    Lol Ithanks for helping me find some more pics for my Pinterest board...I'm sure I'll JUST like that girl. :laugh:

hahaha, im not that hopeless im actually engaged almost getting married :)
  • maqsmj
    Options
    Lol Ithanks for helping me find some more pics for my Pinterest board...I'm sure I'll JUST like that girl. :laugh:

Actually can we just need you only need to SQUAT ?! :)
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    Sorry I guess that sarcasm missed you:

Stop being so patronizing. We do not need some random dude to google pics of hot women for us. We know how to do this (lol).

I guess your heart is in the right place?

(I also know what I "need" to do in the gym ;) )
  • maqsmj
    Options
    Sorry I guess that sarcasm missed you:

Stop being so patronizing. We do not need some random dude to google pics of hot women for us. We know how to do this (lol).

I guess your heart is in the right place?

(I also know what I "need" to do in the gym ;) )

i guess i keep missing sarcasm comments, gotta be more careful
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    ^This. Most women on here not only know to lift heavy, they know how. All of the OP's posts come off as very patronizing and misinformed.
  • DaysFlyBy
    DaysFlyBy Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I really think he was just trying to be nice. He probably wasn't aware how many women actually do lift since he, like I, don't know any who do IRL. :)
  • maqsmj
    Options
    im just trying to help, and thank for all your comments folks and for real none of my girlfriends lift weights so yea i guess i had a wrong approach :)
  • Barrett147
    Options
    Components of a safe, effective exercise program are Frequency, intensity, and time or duration,
    Do not accelerate your workout time too rapidly,
    If you are overweight and out of fitness...
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options

You kind of remind me of this guy:

Small recommendation. Call them "women" not "girls" unless it's "grrrrlz". I have 4 daughter - two girls and two women. Guess which are allowed to lift.

It's not just some PC bs - attitudes and mores make a difference.
  • liesevanlingen
    liesevanlingen Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    No. to lose FAT/inches we should lift and eat. You might not lose as much weight, because muscle is heavier than fat. But you will lose inches and you will lose body fat. I've lost slightly more than 30 lbs of body fat but added 12 pounds of muscle, so the total weight loss isn't particularly impressive. But I've dropped from a size 16/18 to a size 10. That IS impressive (to me, anyway.)

How have you measure the increase in muscle mass? How long did it take you?

I work out at a gym and they have one of those scales that measure fat %, water weight, muscle mass, etc. I've been working out seriously since February, a couple of times a week, plus additional cardio (treadmill) about 3- 4 times per week.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    im just trying to help, and thank for all your comments folks and for real none of my girlfriends lift weights so yea i guess i had a wrong approach :)

I, for one, took your comments as an attempt to be helpful. :wink:
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

You kind of remind me of this guy:

Small recommendation. Call them "women" not "girls" unless it's "grrrrlz". I have 4 daughter - two girls and two women. Guess which are allowed to lift.

It's not just some PC bs - attitudes and mores make a difference.

I guess I have a bad attitude. I am 38 and still say "girls" instead of women in certain contexts, like "headed out with the girls." Sometimes I say "ladies."
  • maqsmj
    Options
    BUMP
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    As a woman who lifts, I think Stronglifts 5x5 is a better novice program. It's easy to follow, time sparing, efficient and has less room for error. I don't know why people are always trying to re-write the fundamentals.
  • thooks0614
    thooks0614 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I lift 5lb dumbbells and then THROW them to the floor after I'm done with my 50 reps because I am absolutley exhausted. I'm going for tone. Not bulk.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    As a woman who lifts, I think Stronglifts 5x5 is a better novice program. It's easy to follow, time sparing, efficient and has less room for error. I don't know why people are always trying to re-write the fundamentals.

This, plus how many times are you going to keep bumping your own thread? You made your point, so let's move on, kthx
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options

This, plus how many times are you going to keep bumping your own thread? You made your point, so let's move on, kthx
    BOOM.

Oh no. Oh no he did NOT.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I'm a little insulted it's called "ice cream fitness" why not "bon bon" or "powder puff" or "lil sassy lady".

Women who want to lift are women who want to lift, and we don't want to feel like sugarplums doing it.
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    I lift 5lb dumbbells and then THROW them to the floor after I'm done with my 50 reps because I am absolutley exhausted. I'm going for tone. Not bulk.
    ny-brushemoff.gif