Irritation: Clueless people who need to add their 2 cents

Options

Replies

• mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    I know where you're coming from but, remember that you are posting your business out here and people will have different opinions on what you post. This happens even if they don't have a clue, and often, these opinions are based on that person's knowledge of the subject. Therefore, if you don't want people to say anything about what you're doing, simply remove yourself from this site.
    You completely read my post wrong. It has absolutely nothing to do with people on this site. It has to do with people in real life...
  • Krys_140
    Krys_140 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    I support this rant!!

barney_stinson_-_thumbs_up_gif.gif
  • marykeblom
    Options
    Oh girl...How i know you're pain!!!!!! Toooooo Well. It's friends, and family. Snubby remarks etc. I was at a market, the woman tried to force her biscuits onto me...i told her no thank you, i don't eat those types of foods i get physically ill (gluten sensitive) she carried on until i was forced to tell her, please i don't want your stuff, i'm sensitive to gluten...When i saw her at another market the guy next to her was selling breads and croissants...I replied no thank you while walking past, when i heard her snubbing me and saying to the guy...She doesn't eat our food, she's on a diet...WTF??? I never even said anything about diet...but yes i'm on a healthy eating plan for my whole life!!! Holy crap you get some weird people, not to mention the 'oh hello skinny girl, now don't you go pick up all that weight now again you hear???' Or your sister in law rocks up with a chocolate cake as your birthday 'gift', after her husband told her, i'm pretty sure she can't have that but she insists...The same for me tracking my food, or watching what i eat etc...i feel your pain.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    I know where you're coming from but, remember that you are posting your business out here and people will have different opinions on what you post. This happens even if they don't have a clue, and often, these opinions are based on that person's knowledge of the subject. Therefore, if you don't want people to say anything about what you're doing, simply remove yourself from this site.

Did you read her post?
  • marykeblom
    Options
    The next time someone complains about your tracking, do this:

tumblr_llz63n76nU1qii6tmo1_400.gif

That's what I do at least :wink: People might think you're nuts, but they won't comment on it again.

Don't sweat the people telling you this nonsense. As long as you're healthy and happy with yourself, that's what matters the most. I also think having fitness goals beyond your goal weight/size is the mark of someone who really is going to stick with this for life and not just say, "oh, I lost my weight, I'm done now." Go forth and conquer!

hahahahahahaha i'm going to do this!! You mad???? hahahahahaha
  • FORKDOWN
    FORKDOWN Posts: 1,754
    Options
    You completely read my post wrong. It has absolutely nothing to do with people on this site. It has to do with people in real life...

This makes your rant all the more acceptable. I say hit the weights and prove him wrong.
  • marykeblom
    Options
    GoGranny.gif

I just loved this rant !

Do what you need to do ....... ignore/delete people who are bugging you ...... they're probably just jealous anyway LOL

I agree with you! Definitely jealous and insecure...
  • mariposa224
    Options

Did you read her post?
    +1 Thank you!
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    Stop talking to people about what you're doing. Problem solved.
    Well, with the exception of #3, the other two are not due to me saying anything. They are unsolicited comments.

Lift heavy, then show your *friend* picture proof of how "bulky" you are, then tell him to kiss your muscled behind since he is so WRONG.
  • running_shoe
    running_shoe Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I totally agree. Add me. We're in the same place totally, except I'm six weeks into the lifting. You will not bulk, you will just be hot. And in no time at all.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I read this thread with the intention of ridiculing yet another hypocritical/ironic/irrational rant, but I'm mostly supportive of this one.

(Yeah yeah, some people have made some good points, like how these people in your life have any idea what you are or aren't doing, but I'm going to overlook those minute details and stick with my general support.)

So anyhow...

APPROVED!
  • pickledginger
    Options
    Two thumbs up!!
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options

Just remove yourself from real life... problem solved!

Sorry, I couldn't resist. I in no way endorse removing one's self from real life.
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Well, with the exception of #3, the other two are not due to me saying anything. They are unsolicited comments.

how do people know you're tracking if you don't say anything?
    #1 doesn't have to do with tracking, obviously. But for 2, it's been when I've used the app on my phone and they've seen me tracking. So, basically, just butting in and commenting on what I'm doing when I never asked.

Well.... I support 1 and 3, but #2..... I think it depends a little on how "obvious" your logging is. Like, if you are at dinner with a friend and you whip out your phone to log, well, that's kinda uncool because you are supposed to be spending time with your friend. If you aren't eating with someone, but in the breakroom at work logging lunch, well they can stuff it. If you are going to go out to eat with a friend, pre-log what you're going to order.

It absolutely INFURIATES me when someone is using their phone in any way, shape, or form when they are having dinner with me and should be giving their undivded attention to the people physically present. There's an app for it. Its called Respect!
  • mariposa224
    Options
    Oh girl...How i know you're pain!!!!!! Toooooo Well. It's friends, and family. Snubby remarks etc. I was at a market, the woman tried to force her biscuits onto me...i told her no thank you, i don't eat those types of foods i get physically ill (gluten sensitive) she carried on until i was forced to tell her, please i don't want your stuff, i'm sensitive to gluten...When i saw her at another market the guy next to her was selling breads and croissants...I replied no thank you while walking past, when i heard her snubbing me and saying to the guy...She doesn't eat our food, she's on a diet...WTF??? I never even said anything about diet...but yes i'm on a healthy eating plan for my whole life!!! Holy crap you get some weird people, not to mention the 'oh hello skinny girl, now don't you go pick up all that weight now again you hear???' Or your sister in law rocks up with a chocolate cake as your birthday 'gift', after her husband told her, i'm pretty sure she can't have that but she insists...The same for me tracking my food, or watching what i eat etc...i feel your pain.
    Wow... Yeah, with #1, it's generally people here at work who say stuff. And they just say it when they see me. It has nothing to do with me talking about working out, eating habits or anything else. They just see me. My family says stuff, but they don't see me all that often, so, for the most part, their comments aren't bad, which is nice. My brother said one that was really nice "Hey... There's a lot less of you." lol I know a lot of people who have families who try to sabotage them.
  • T1mH
    T1mH Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Lift heavy, then show your *friend* picture proof of how "bulky" you are, then tell him to kiss your muscled behind since he is so WRONG.
    Jerk friend is going to say the same thing, she isn't really lifting "heavy" because she can't squat 400 lbs. There is almost no way to win an argument with an idiot.

You could say you have a protein deficiency and you need to track food for health purposes. Totally true, most people back off when you get all medical on them but I see it didn't work for the gluten allergy poster above. Though I think a lot of people don't believe that is a real thing.
  • mariposa224
    Options

Just remove yourself from real life... problem solved!

Sorry, I couldn't resist. I in no way endorse removing one's self from real life.
    Bahahaha!!!! :drinker:
  • OspreyVista
    OspreyVista Posts: 464 Member
    Options

#1 doesn't have to do with tracking, obviously. But for 2, it's been when I've used the app on my phone and they've seen me tracking. So, basically, just butting in and commenting on what I'm doing when I never asked.

My suggestion: If they are looking over your shoulder and reading your screen, you may tell them that they are rude. It will keep them from doing it again. Or you could just not take out your phone when your around your friends and track stuff later, though it could be hard to remember. I would personally tell the people that they are being rude by looking at my phone screen. What I'm doing with my phone, is none of their business.
  • mariposa224
    Options

Well.... I support 1 and 3, but #2..... I think it depends a little on how "obvious" your logging is. Like, if you are at dinner with a friend and you whip out your phone to log, well, that's kinda uncool because you are supposed to be spending time with your friend. If you aren't eating with someone, but in the breakroom at work logging lunch, well they can stuff it. If you are going to go out to eat with a friend, pre-log what you're going to order.

It absolutely INFURIATES me when someone is using their phone in any way, shape, or form when they are having dinner with me and should be giving their undivded attention to the people physically present. There's an app for it. Its called Respect!
    I can relate to what you're saying here. It is rude... The particular instance I was thinking about, it was my former neighbor, me & another friend, at the bar, grabbing dinner and a few drinks. We were all 3 on our phones, so, really, to me, my logging wasn't any different than him playing on Facebook. Shrug...
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I can relate to what you're saying here. It is rude... The particular instance I was thinking about, it was my former neighbor, me & another friend, at the bar, grabbing dinner and a few drinks. We were all 3 on our phones, so, really, to me, my logging wasn't any different than him playing on Facebook. Shrug...

Agreed. No difference. In which case, the friend neighbor what-have-you can shove it.