So is anyone willing to give relationship advice?

Options

Replies

• toriaenator
    toriaenator Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    dump his *kitten*, hes not worth it.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    Well most women will tell you that you're a fool to think you can change a man, but those women are quitters.
    Im a quitter in my marriage then- thanks for the boost of ego.
    No problemo. That is, after all, why I joined MFP--to boost your ego.

I seem to be the only one that saw the humor in this . . . oh well.

Seriously, he's 20 which means by definition he's pretty much not relationship material. No man I know or have known was at that age. That said, he should either have a job or be in college or both. Otherwise, he will remain non-relationship material. Oh that and he does sound like an abusive prick.

Okay enough about him. You're 18 and should be out there starting your life, not worrying about an abusive prick ruining your life. So yes, dump him and move on.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    oh honey! you are way too beautiful and young to deal with that. I HAVE BEEN THERE!!!! run. run far away. hes a CLASSIC d-bag and will not stop being that way. He is mean to you and puts you down and that is not what you need. enjoy your life and have fun. spend time with your girl or with guys that will kiss your *kitten* and make you feel like a princess.they are out there.
  • RikanSoulja
    RikanSoulja Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Thats a lot of reading.

Tampa crew <3

You have no idea, trust me -__-

Fellow Tampanians! (Is that how we say it?)

Sounds like a loser. Break up and move on
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Why are you still in a relationship with this guy?! You are young and have your whole life ahead of you. You should not be settling or putting up with his behavior. Sounds like he has a LOT of growing up to do before he will be able to contribute meaningfully to a relationship. Let him do his maturing on his own while you go on and live your own, happy life. There are many, many guys out there, and I'm sure you will meet plenty who would be better relationship partners than this turkey.
  • gingerjen7
    gingerjen7 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Well most women will tell you that you're a fool to think you can change a man, but those women are quitters.
    Im a quitter in my marriage then- thanks for the boost of ego.
    No problemo. That is, after all, why I joined MFP--to boost your ego.
    I seem to be the only one that saw the humor in this . . . oh well.
    Well thank god for that! I was beginning to think that my sense of humor was totally lost in this thread. It's called sarcasm people. And my original post was a quote from The Simpsons. I can't believe people actually took it seriously.
  • CharleneExtreme
    Options
    Oh my god, you're going out with my ex! :P

.....who i left....
    .....obviously!
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    ummm, GET OUT!

I will tell you, you are not in a relationship because a relationship takes 2 people and you are the only one putting forth the effort. I was in a similar relationship when I was 19...he will not change and nothing you do will make him change.

Get out, get out, get out. He will only cause you pain, suffering and possibly time in jail because of his misdeeds. Get out before you end up a statistic. I got out and I do not regret it to this day. I will tell you that unfortunately for the one I was in a relationship with he went on to do some time and then later killed himself.

You bf is living a self destructive, selfish life; don't stay. You deserve a better life and someone who will love and appreciate you and do wonderful things for you. I have been married to the most wonderful man ever for 23 years now. He loves me unconditionally and would lay down his life for me...btw - I'd take a bullet for him too.

Lastly, get out...you are too valuable to live like this. There is someone better for you out there; just wait and see.

PS - Don't make a production of breaking up; just say you're done and be done.
  • BiggSarge
    BiggSarge Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    He sounds like an abusive jerk. You can do better and deserve better than that. Dump him, pick your self up and brush yourself off and move on. In the very near future you will thank yourself for making that decision. No one should allow themselves to be treated like that.
  • AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Imagine being married to him...he's always playing video games, smoking pot and berating you. You're always upset and feeling bad about yourself. Now imagine adding kids to this F'd up mix. Now not only are you doing everything for him and yourself your doing everything for the kids. What if he won't stop smoking pot around them? If this sounds like the way you want to live your future then go for it and stay. If not then you need to stop wasting your time; he is NOT going to change.

He has shown you who he is, BELIEVE HIM!
  • CharleneExtreme
    Options
    He sounds like an abusive jerk. You can do better and deserve better than that. Dump him, pick your self up and brush yourself off and move on. In the very near future you will thank yourself for making that decision. No one should allow themselves to be treated like that.

"Abusive" being the key word. And abuse of the worst kind too!
  • jennifer_a00
    jennifer_a00 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Just to let you know, he's not gonna change. My hubby is a great guy until he goes through a weed phase and then all he wants to do is smoke and play xbox with his stupid xbox live friends. I have to be the big bad mean wife and ***** him out. Luckily for me he loves his job or he probably wouldn't leave his 2nd wife (the stupid xbox) to go to work. If I would have known then what I know now... just be honest, if it bothers you, leave.
  • yowla
    yowla Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    He is a POT head. He will never change. He needs to get a J.O.B. He will always be like this. I would do this soon and break free. Before you know it you could have a kid with him and be bound to him for the rest of your life.

YOU can't change someone who DOESN'T want to be changed. Only he can change himself and he never will because he knows you will put up with it.
  • mjterp
    mjterp Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    um...not a phase...dump him. Belittling you and calling you dumb is abuse...get out now. you deserve better.
  • AndreaGrace29
    AndreaGrace29 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Wow.. Don't wait it out. I know 30 year olds that act the same way. The video games never stop, the drugs never stop. If you are questioning it, then dump him. Life is too short for BS and there's certainly someone better for you. Get out before he knocks you up.... Sorry to be so harsh but there are a million things about my teens and 20's I'd love to go back and change, and wasting too much time with horrible boyfriends is on the top of that list.

If you never went through them then you wouldnt be as strong as you are now!

Thats a good point... and if I never experienced what I did, I never would have found the man I'm with now.

But at the same time, I dealt with alot of crap I didnt deserve.
  • MrsBikiniBound
    Options
    Honey- I am going to give it to you straight, and it is only because i have seen this time and time again..

You need tell him that if he wants to be with you he needs to start taking your feelings seriously. If you are upset by something and he consistently tells you that you are a joke than he obviously doesn't care about getting to the bottom of what is upsetting you and making a change. Of course he loves you and "needs you"- you give him everything that he wants and don't hold him accountable for doing the same. He is on the winning end of this deal. Tell him that he gets in shape or your leaving- and then follow through if he doesn't start treating you like he should. Empty threats are just going to make him take you less seriously. take a stand for yourself- you are young, beautiful and have the opportunity to take life by the balls... don't waste it with this nutbag.

You are the only one in control of how you chose to be treated. You teach people your limits and what you will and will-not put up with.

If he chooses to smoke weed and play video games and he is okay with that- good for him, however, this is clearly not the relationship or lifestyle that you want- so why are you putting up with it?
  • Drewillbeback111
    Options
    end it.... any guy that does not treat you like a queen.... dump him immediately..... and MOVE ON!!!!!
  • skinnyitaliannn
    Options
    Thats a lot of reading.

Tampa crew <3

You have no idea, trust me -__-

Fellow Tampanians! (Is that how we say it?)

Sounds like a loser. Break up and move on

I'm in Pinellas County, across the bridge :) wow I can't believe so many people answered this .. wowww.. thank you all for taking the time to read it and help me out. It means so so so much.
  • ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    I don't think I have that right...... there's a reason i'm almost 29 and still single. :ohwell:
    Better to be single (and quite cute, if I may add) than to be stuck to a loser, and not have the cojones to drop him.

aww, thank you!
  • grawrrrr
    grawrrrr Posts: 336
    Options
    JUST BREAK UP.