*silly* rules you learned in school...

Options
124»

Replies

• hiker359
    hiker359 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    'I' before 'E' except after 'C' and when sounding like 'A' as in 'neighbor' and 'weigh' and on weekends and holidays and all throughout May and you'll always be wrong no matter *what* you say!
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    If I am not wearing a watch or my wedding ring, the old school way of making "Ls" with the thumbs and index fingers is good to remember my left hand - the correct L is left!

When I'm teaching kickboxing, mixing up left/right is NOT GOOD! Yet sometimes I do... Sigh!
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I used to know the 50 states song.. but it's been a while. :(
  • RobfromLakewood
    Options
    Oh, a real one just came into my head.

Learning the Preamble to the Constitution through School House Rock. I still remember it to this day.

I love School House Rock and use this and some others to have some silly fun with US history in my classes.

For me, I wonder why I learned to clap out my syllables...not very practical, except when I work on making haikus.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    Bad Boys Rape Our Young Girls But Violet Gives Willingly

BBROYGBVGW

Black = 0
    Brown = 1
    Red = 2
    Orange = 3
    Yellow = 4
    Green = 5
    Blue = 6
    Violet = 7
    Grey = 8
    White = 9

used to remember the color banding numbers on resistors.

resistor-color-code-all.gif.jpg
  • SofaKingRad_
    Options
    I learned women deserve equal rights SO SILLY!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • gkwatra
    gkwatra Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I learned it was Never Eat Shredded Wheat.
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    "please excuse my dear aunt sally" for remembering the order to math problems in

p = parenthisis, e= exponents, m= multiplication, d= division, a= addition, s= subtration
  • WifeyCarion
    Options
    This piece of gold is from one of my college professors back in 2008--At the end of class one day, he goes "Remember, ladies, nobody likes a slut for long!" LOL
  • tryclyn
    tryclyn Posts: 2,414 Member
    Options
    King Phillip Came Over For Good Spaghetti
    Kingdom - Phylum - Class - Order - Family - Genus - Species

She Made Harry Eat Onions - the Great Lakes in order
  • VitVit18
    VitVit18 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Any number you multiply by 9 will then add up to 9 if you add all the digits together.

9 * 3 = 27. 2 + 7 = 9

9 * 7 = 63. 6 + 3 = 9

9 * 101 = 909. 9 + 0 + 9 = 18, 1 + 8 = 9.

And thus a life long obsession with adding up numbers to get a single digit was born...

YAY the basis of happy primes! (Don't ask, my high school math teacher was an avid Dr Who fan and they talked about happy primes and we actually had to figure out a proof for it... my teacher was a little crazy)
  • rek10
    rek10 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Please Excuse My Dear Aunt Sally
    (parthesis, exponents, multiply, divide, add, subract)

We Need Easier Schools
    (west, north, east, south)