So, This is What They Call a Mid-Life Crisis.

Options
katiedid1226
katiedid1226 Posts: 233 Member
LET ME START OFF WITH: I'm NOT looking to cheat on my husband, I'm just realizing how little time I have left here.

My "baby" is in third grade and he flipped me the bird the other day (he apologized up & down).

My middle baby (14) has been dumped by a girlfriend & he also has zits and no longer plays with legos.

My oldest princess (16) is looking at colleges.

And I:

Have never & will never run a marathon (always wanted to but I had a hip replacement last year).

Am seeing more greys than blondes, if I am wearing my glasses.

Have been tempted to wear things that clearly a woman almost 50 should not wear & could never pull off.

I started noticing about ten years ago that I haven't been whistled at in ages!

I wouldn't mind a golf cart every now and again.

Realize my favorite Jockey bikini underwear are not made in my bigger size! WTF!

If I don't get to bed by 9pm and up by 6am my day seems "off".

Do you get where I'm going with this? I am realizing that I AM BECOMING THAT OLDER LADY!

I want to hear your stories:

What is going on with you in your mid life, are you having a crisis, and what are you going to do about it?

Replies

• FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    My dad had it bad, i bought him that shirt once he got better. Hes in the yellow.

anorex.jpg
  • katiedid1226
    Options
    I love it!
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    Not there yet. 34 and no kids. However, I ride a motorcycle and doubt I'll ever be concerned with how old I am. It's just a number.

JM
  • katiedid1226
    Options
    I am angling to buy a motorcycle, but I'm not getting the approval needed!

If I act young, I figure the arthritis, poor eyesight, and need for sleep won't drag me down!
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    I am there...
    We were shopping for a new car and I was leaning towards the Charger over the Camaro because the Charger is a four door.

Ouch... my back hurts now.
  • johnnieb
    johnnieb Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I don't have any tips for you --I just wanted to say you look GREAT!!! You don't look like an 'older lady' Hope you find something that helps you feel as good as you look :)
  • Stinkerbelle84
    Options
    You are only as old as you feel.

I am only 28, and had my first mid-life crisis at 22, lol!
  • GurleyGirl524
    GurleyGirl524 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I am 42, and in 15 days will have my 21st wedding anniversary. Do the math.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    I'm having what I call a third (1/3) life crises. My SO says I am too young to be having a mid-life. I already had a quarter-life so a third it is. :grumble:
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    I am angling to buy a motorcycle, but I'm not getting the approval needed!

It's a lifestyle. There is nothing like riding home in a blizzard. I'll never forget that day, so much fun!

JM
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    Been there, done that. I turned 45 almost a year ago and my life seemed to be in a spiral. I realized that my life was half over and I wasn't sure I was happy with where it was and where it was going.

I went through a very rocky period with my husband of 20 years, where I thought I wanted out of our marriage. I wasn't happy and I knew he wasn't either.

Fortunately he convinced me to go to marriage counseling with him and we were able to work through the many issues we had in our marriage and I realized that I actually was happy with him as my spouse and my best friend. But we were literally days away from his moving out when I had my epiphany and decided that I wanted to keep him in my life. Fortunately, he had never given up on me.

Now I am much happier and more satisfied with where my life is and where it's going.
  • katiedid1226
    Options
    I am there...
    We were shopping for a new car and I was leaning towards the Charger over the Camaro because the Charger is a four door.

Four Doors! Perfect....
  • Goosiesnougs
    Options
    Agreed.........you look great! Whistle, Whistle:wink:
  • toomuchbootyindapants
    Options
    What is going on with you in your mid life, are you having a crisis, and what are you going to do about it?

Yeah, you could say I am. And uhm, I'm just gonna keep on being awesome...because that's what I do. Keep calm and drink wine. I'm not so good at the calm part though.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I think me taking up running is the manifestation of my mid-life crisis.
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I didn't buy a damn thing. Not interested.

Decided to eat better, and live more in the moment. As a side effect, I lost 50-something pounds, and did a bunch of insane things not fit for public discussion.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    Oh, and I am dying to own a muscle car, but it's just not practical right now in my life. I get chills when I hear the purr of the engine of one.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    It's going to happen nothing we can do to stop it. I'm going through my 30's crisis.
  • Stinkerbelle84
    Options
    I am there...

Hahaha! My husband and I did the same thing! He wanted the Camaro, and I wanted the charger because it was 4 door and had a bigger trunk! We did this TWICE! And bought the Charger......twice, lol!
  • DaddyM1
    DaddyM1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    "LET ME START OFF WITH: I'm NOT looking to cheat on my husband, I'm just realizing how little time I have left here. "

I'm curious why you started with this declaration? No judgement. Just curious.
    What do you mean by "little time"? Time for what? What is it you are looking to achieve?

The clock is never going to run backwards. We know that. Looking back and longing for that is a recipe for disappointment.

I sometimes feel this way too, but I come to terms that I am who I am now. Not then. This is what I have to work with. You know what? It's not that bad. My wife and I have fun. We do things that where not even an option when we where younger. It's okay.

Keep your head up.
    Ed.