Foods You Refuse to Guve Up!

Options
I know brown rice is healthier and better for me than white rice...but I don't like it! I LIKE white rice and I'm going to keep eating it!

I know dark chocolate is healthier and better for me than milk chocolate...but I don't like it! I LIKE milk chocolate and I'm going to keep eating it!

I know raw sugar or better yet NO sugar is better or healthier for me than white sugar...Jack LaLane said white sugar will kill you!...but I LIKE white sugar and I'm going to keep eating it!

I know red wine is healthier and better for me than white wine...but I don't like it! I LIKE white wine and I'm going to keep drinking it!

:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

Though this post is meant in light-hearted fun, I'm really tired of the food police on this site and elsewhere. I'm not trying to get ripped. I'm not trying to become a fitness model (though thank you to the random creeper who emailed me that you think I'm pretty enough to be a fitness model). I'm not planning on entering body competitions. I'm just trying to lose 108 pounds and live a regular life. I'm never going to eat protein powder, or gruel, or shakes or whatever else bodybuilding/body competitive folks eat. In my life, white rice happens. Wine happens, milk chocolate happens, and sometimes even sugar happens. I've lost 67 pounds so far...apparently eating these things in moderation is not stopping me from losing weight! AND I have no loose skin issues so far. So where is the problem? :tongue:

Tell me about foods you refuse to give up in/on your weight-loss journey!

Replies

• FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Pizza, uhm chicken wings. Everything else can go funk itself

except bacon
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I refuse to give up anything long term, I just use moderation now.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I commend this post! I feel the same way!!! I, too, am not interested in cutting out wide swaths of food, or ingesting canisters full of powder, or any of that. I don't want to be a model, I don't want to run a marathon, I just want to be a smaller me with slightly leaner muscles!

-Fast food (cut way back. Not giving up.)
    -Chocolate
    -Sour cream
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    White rice
    Wine-Period
    Hot wings
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    I too eat white rice. My wife is Cuban, getting rid of white rice would be hazardous to my health.

I refuste to give up beer.
  • lesita75
    lesita75 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Haven't really given anything up. But, I don't cook processed foods at home anymore. :drinker:

I'LL NEVER GIVE UP BACON!!!!!!!! :noway:

ETA: But I did give up just sitting around on my butt all the time!!! :bigsmile:
  • Ferfey02
    Options
    White Rice - White Rice - White Rice. Did I say White Rice? I LIKE White Rice and I'm going to keep eating it too! My friends sometimestease me by saying "the day you give up White Rice is the day your weight issues/journey will be over." I say Bah Humbug. I love eatiung white Rice but I am practicing moderation and have seen a total of 34 lbs loss since inception.

BTW, I really like this post. The last paragraph really hits home the points I'm always trying to get people to understanding when they try to advice me on what I should or should not include in my meal plan. I want to make changes that I can live with.
  • Chameleone
    Chameleone Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    BREAD
    White rice
    Potatoes
    Fries (I'll bake them but I refuse to settle for sweet potato fries)
    Chips (also just go for the baked variety)

The only thing I've really (almost) completely stopped ingesting is juice... I eat the same, I just cook differently...
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    I know brown rice is healthier and better for me than white rice...but I don't like it! I LIKE white rice and I'm going to keep eating it!

I have a dream, that one day bodyweight will be determined not by the color of the carbs, but by the content of the calories. I have a dream today.
  • mll1013
    Options
    Chips & Salsa! The salsa is actually pretty "cheap" as far as calories go, and I always drink a lot of water, so I've never had a high-sodium reading on my blood tests.

What I'm still looking for is the best way to get at the salsa! :wink: With chips, I find I can eat so little to maintain my fat/calorie budget, so I have to eat much more moderately that I like (don't we all!). If only there was somet salty, crunchy snack that is healthier, I'd be all over that...
  • Pnknlvr96
    Pnknlvr96 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Love this post. :heart:

I'll never give up beer, ice cream, or Pillsbury crescent rolls.
  • BlackTimber
    BlackTimber Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    How does fat get into fat cells anyway?
  • kitigonkukoo
    kitigonkukoo Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    cheese, vodka, beer, cheese, all bread, all pasta, cheese.... did I mention cheese??
  • red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Cadbury......yeah just anything Cadbury
  • John2347
    John2347 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    i dont give up anything... moderation and exercise keeps me eating what i want
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I refuse to give up anything long term, I just use moderation now.

THIS

Elimination diets don't work.
  • Onesnap
    Options
    cheese, vodka, beer, cheese, all bread, all pasta, cheese.... did I mention cheese??

Life is not worth living without cheese. Or pasta. Or beer.
  • MissJanet55
    MissJanet55 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I haven't given up anything, but I do know that there are certain foods where I have trouble with portion control so I don't have them in the house - potato chips, ice cream, some kinds of cheese (the kinds that are so good they call me from the fridge).

You brown rice haters should try Lundberg brand brown basmati - it has the texture of white rice, it's really delicious.
  • Onesnap
    Options
    How does fat get into fat cells anyway?

Once we are fat we have more fat cells compared to a thin person that has always been thin. They just shrink.

#science
  • Sweet_ecstazy
    Options
    Its so hard to give up Ice cream and fried chicken... But im trying hard.. currently everything is in moderation