What's chocolate and healthy? Or low-calorie?

Options

Replies

• delorispiper
    Options
    Weight Watchers Giant Chocolate Fudge Ice Cream Bars. Only 100 calories
  • Geni_B
    Geni_B Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    it is an aquired taste after a while you will get use to it and not want the real sweet stuff.
  • dia77
    dia77 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    1 tbs Cocoa powder in hot water with stevia, 20 cals of deliciousness. :drinker:
    Can add cinnamon, vanilla or peppermint extract.
    this:)):))
  • sabgoe
    sabgoe Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Dark Chocolate and Oat Clusters

Ingredients:
    2 Tablespoons peanut butter
    2 Tablespoons milk
    1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
    3/4 cups old fashioned oats

Preparation:
    Please peanut butter, milk and chocolate chips in a saucepan; cook over low heat until chocolate chips are melted. Stir in oats; remove from heat. With a spoon or by hand, drop 8 ball shaped portions on a wax-lined baking sheet and refrigerate for a few hours. They will last for a while in the fridge, taste actually much better on the 2nd day. One cluster has about 80 calories. They are delicious and actually pretty filling.
  • keelz2010
    Options
    Freddo, Chomp, Fudge, Taz, milky way...all around 100 cals
  • JenLovesFall
    Options
    lindt85pctdark.jpg

Break it into smaller pieces for lower calories

This is exactly what I was gonna say! It's so rich you can't eat too much. I have a sweets addiction and even I can't overdo it with this chocolate bar!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Crio Bru!
    http://www.criobru.com/

cacao nibs that have been ground and roasted. You brew it like coffee. Straight chocolate. For hard core lovers only. Or just go straight for the jugular and treat yourself to cacao nibs.
  • WeatherGirl8
    WeatherGirl8 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Chocolate banana peanutbutter cookies!

Here's the recipe (found it on this site, but I know it's from another one.)

1/3 cup apple sauce
    1/4 cup coco powder
    1/4 cup peanut butter
    1 banana
    1/2 cup oats

Mix 'em together, stick the dough in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes, make balls of dough and bake for 11-15 minutes at 350. I refrigerate mine after I bake them and they taste sooooo good! You can also just leave out the oats and eat it that way. Or fool about with the ingreedients as much as you'd like! If you add a few (and you really only need a tablespoon) of pounded semi-sweet chocolate chips they taste super good warm out of the oven!
  • blytheandbonnie
    blytheandbonnie Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate is an acquired taste. Try weaning yourself off milk chocolate and gradually getting used to the dark stuff. Don't try something that is 85% at first, because you will HATE it. Work your way up to higher numbers rather than diving right in. I used to hate dark chocolate, too, but now when I try milk chocolate it's too creamy/sweet. Trust me, you'll get used to it!
    I agree.
  • lee91356
    lee91356 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    If your looking for a real alternative to help you cut out and with lower fat and lower calories - carob. Its kindda chocolaty like, though not exactly the same, but pretty good. Carob is naturally sweeter and has less sweeteners added, however it has some more carb, but it also has no caffine or other stimulants that chocolate has. But in reality after both chocolate and carob are processed as a candy treat its not that much better than chocolate lol.

However, for limiting your portion sizes, Trader Joe's has a great 100 calorie portion servings of milk chocolate and its DELICIOUS !!!
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    So, what's something that is chocolate and tastes delicious but it healthy or just low-calorie?
    what's an alternative ?

You could try carob. Similar flavour profile with less calories.
  • c8linmarie
    c8linmarie Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Basically, I'm addicted to chocolate.
    Addicted!
    So, what's something that is chocolate and tastes delicious but it healthy or just low-calorie?

All I can think of is expensive things.
    Like, chocolate protein shakes. I mean, I will buy a jar of it soon but in the meantime, what's an alternative ?

OMG I highly recommend Vitatops the Deep Chocolate kind www.vitalicious.com They are only 100 calories with 9 grams of fiber and as nutritious or more than an apple. It is like a hot muffin top with melted chocolate chips in it awesome when heated up for 30 seconds! nom nom nom

Even better is the Vitalicious mini fudge chocolate vitacake. 50 calories per serving!!
  • MrsMohawk
    MrsMohawk Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    fiber one . chewy bars 90 calories 17 carbs 5 fiber
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    2487.png

Pretty decent for only 130 cals a serving.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    lindt85pctdark.jpg

Break it into smaller pieces for lower calories

^this. Antioxidants FTW!
  • girlwapp
    girlwapp Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    http://www.era2k.com/products/Brookside-Dark-Chocolate,-Pomegranate,-32-Ounce-%2d%2d-2CUO002E81Y9299.html

You can buy 100 calorie packs of dark chocolate covered pomegranate and it is the BEST.
  • theblackbirdtree
    Options
    Boil 1 cup almond milk, hemp milk, or water. Add 3T cocoa powder, and sweetener to taste (I use stevia, could use anything). Boil until slightly thick, pour into mug and enjoy. Only 30 cals with stevia and water, about 80 cals with almond milk and stevia.
  • SmallMimi
    SmallMimi Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Chocolate Rice Cake - 60 calories
    Light smear of Nutella - calories depend on what you consider a light smear
  • Melissa26point2
    Melissa26point2 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this was already mentioned....but Fiber One chocolate brownies are really good, and their only 90 calories
  • theblackbirdtree
    Options
    2487.png

Pretty decent for only 130 cals a serving.

I second this!!