• Natashaa1991
    Natashaa1991 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    i didn't give up anything.
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    All of them.

Except liver. You can go ahead and take that away.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I know brown rice is healthier and better for me than white rice...but I don't like it! I LIKE white rice and I'm going to keep eating it!

I have a dream, that one day bodyweight will be determined not by the color of the carbs, but by the content of the calories. I have a dream today.
    Hah! Good one!

My only concern is making whatever I want fit my macros.

Brown rice is not better than white rice.
  • twentytwelve12
    twentytwelve12 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Rice and bread
  • mann1975
    Options
    I canNOT drink coffee or tea (especially coffee) without sugar. I sometimes use honey instead in tea, but I just think they taste only bitter without.

I am also convinced that giving up something completely is not a good idea because then you get such cravings that it can backfire. Only maybe if my doctor tells me that sth is a specific health hazard. But of course, plenty of real goodies have to be used as treats, not as full meals. :P
  • mann1975
    Options
    I know brown rice is healthier and better for me than white rice...but I don't like it! I LIKE white rice and I'm going to keep eating it!

I have a dream, that one day bodyweight will be determined not by the color of the carbs, but by the content of the calories. I have a dream today.
    Hah! Good one!

I absolutely LOVE this "i have a dream" thingy. :D
  • mominwi419
    Options
    I didn't give up anything.

Eat in moderation.
    Lift heavy things up and put them down.
    Repeat.
  • recee96
    recee96 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I love this post! I gave up carbs (bread, grains) for a shortwhile..but I'm back! I love my carbs. Now, I do eat a lot less than before...but I still eat them!

So I won't give up my carbs..nope, not gonna do it! :noway:
  • EmmalineHarris
    Options
    Chips & Salsa! The salsa is actually pretty "cheap" as far as calories go, and I always drink a lot of water, so I've never had a high-sodium reading on my blood tests.

What I'm still looking for is the best way to get at the salsa! :wink: With chips, I find I can eat so little to maintain my fat/calorie budget, so I have to eat much more moderately that I like (don't we all!). If only there was somet salty, crunchy snack that is healthier, I'd be all over that...

Have you tried Snack Factory pretzel crisps? 110 calories for 11 crisps and I actually like them better than original pretzels. They're great for dips/salsa/hummus/etc
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    I'll splurge on pizza occasionally..... but really it's amazing when you switch to a healthy lifestyle how much your tastes change. Yes, I love milk chocolate, and I'll eat it occasionally (as in rarely) but mostly when I want chocolate, I go for dark chocolate because I get my chocolate fix and it's better for me. I have switched to brown rice on the rare occasions that I eat rice, but I also now love quinoa and will eat that too..... I usually only eat white rice if I'm getting sushi and brown isn't available. Usually even when I have pizza I make it at home with whole wheat or cauliflower crust. I do believe in moderation, and it's totally fine to splurge once in a while. Thanksgiving morning after doing the turkey trot 5k in my area, I totally had a krispy kreme donut and didn't feel guilty about it at all - it had to have been two years or more since I had one of those! :) and it'll probably be another 2 years before I have another.... or maybe at next year's turkey trot!! ;)
  • frando
    frando Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    CHOCOLATE AND MARSHMALLOWS

I know I can still eat them, I just do it when there's free calories :3
  • ticklemeellen
    ticklemeellen Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    cheese! Bacon, wine, ice cream, chocolate, GIN.

Forgot cake.
  • frando
    frando Posts: 583 Member
    Options

Hah! Good one!

I absolutely LOVE this "i have a dream" thingy. :D

bump
  • Aish30
    Aish30 Posts: 43
    Options
    Chinese take out. Every friday. Without fail.
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    Coffee and pizza...never!!!
  • jonwv
    jonwv Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Pizza and burgers...i just cant give them up
  • tkramh
    tkramh Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    After almost 60 lbs. gone, bread, peanut butter or mayonnaise
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    PIZZA I will never give up pizza ! Buffalo Wing. Nacho's. Chocolate. Peanut Butter. Soups (High sodium but IDC that **** is delicious), potato skins, SPINACH DIP OMG, nutella, potato chips, french fries, Chinese food, PIE I LOVE PIE. Bagel. DONUTS. I swear to God I'm not high I just love food man I'm 400 pounds on the inside lol. I eat all these things in moderation ! The only things I gave up were alcoholic because I'm an alcoholic (the empty cals were just a push in the right direction), red meat because I never liked it and it bothered my stomach and I gave it up for lent and started feeling MUCH better and just don't eat it anymore and most dairy, because as soon as I started drinking almond milk instead of regular my mid morning mad dash to the bathroom disappeared.
  • msaestein1
    msaestein1 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    i dont give up anything... moderation and exercise keeps me eating what i want

nice to see this post. Sometimes you think you have to perfect to get a body like yours. You look fantastic!
  • melindadunston
    Options
    The only thing I have given up is my size 10 and 12 pants:) sitting on my butt with no exercise and eating to excess. Besides that I eat everything. I've had chocolate twice this week and I ate McDonalds Sunday:)