How attractive is a guy that can cook??

Options

Replies

• tbruegg
    tbruegg Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Don't know about being attractive, (my wife thinks so, that's all that matters) but I do nearly all the cooking, wash dishes when we're done, do my own laundry (doesn't want me doing hers), do the grocery shopping, and clean the house. I've done all of these for most of our marriage. We both worked and we often had opposing hours, so it was a necessity. Now I'm retired and do it all just because.

Mom made all of us learn to cook as kids. She said that someday it would pay off. Same with laundry. We all had to pitch in and clean house. Mom was right. 1st wife couldn't cook a pot of water so it was survival as well.

This was our anniversary dinner that I made a few years back. Can't eat this way any longer but damn, it sure was good...

Seafood Stuffed Avocados

Sweet Red Pepper & Crab Bisque with Focaccia

Vodka shot

Baked Artichoke Hearts with Fresh Asparagus & Prosciutto

Scampi over Truffled Pasta (in a very thin, light, lemon cream sauce, otherwise it would overpower the truffles)

Flavored Sorbet

Cheesecake Marbled Brownies w/Vanilla ice cream (Homemade, real vanilla)

Champagne Freezes

Dark Chocolate squares

Espresso & brandy

She is a very fortunate woman and I'm sure she knows it. Happy to know there are men out there like you. Mine wouldn't as much as pick up his empty plate from the table and where he dropped his dirty clothes that's where you found them on laundry day, considered it WOMAN'S WORK.........................
  • samlankford
    Options
    a guy that can cook healthy, and actually DOES cook is gaining soooooo many points in my book! I am more then happy to do dishes... I went from a relationship to where I did ALL the cooking to my current relationship where he wants to cook, or we cook TOGETHER... it is lovely
  • BEAUTY4UBEAST
    Options
    :heart: I would set at his feet.... jus admiring him! Watching him cook ... Id be in love!! lol
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    To me? Not at all.

That being said, I LOVE to cook.
  • cakemewithyou
    cakemewithyou Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    the way to my heart is right through my stomach. ;)
  • vadarvs
    vadarvs Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Agreed! I don't mind cooking, but don't like doing it ALL the time.
  • Rubberchikken
    Rubberchikken Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I cook and I'm hung like a bull-mouse!

How hilarious is this typo....?????
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I can cook. I love to cook. And I like to keep everything clean. And in answer to the OP, it's never gotten me anywhere. Other than having nice food, obviously.
  • craigy_84
    craigy_84 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I love cooking & baking all types of food. I've created and wrote my own recipe book for my personal use too.
  • cecyvaquero
    cecyvaquero Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    A man that can cook is so HOT!!! My husband cooks and he is the hottest. Except sometimes he thinks his cooking is the best. I still love the man even if he is conceited.
  • beckarini
    beckarini Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    For a random special treat a few months back, my boyfriends made me a three course meal (with 2 desserts- he knows what I like!) from scratch-
    Beet and tomato soup with soured cream and toasted pine nuts
    Homemade pasta filled with broad beans, mint and ricotta
    Tarte au citron and vanilla pod pannacotta

He's a keeper. For me it's an incredibly important thing to be able to do :)
  • m13sam2012
    Options
    guy who cook??? naked???? yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!:drinker:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,599 Member
    Options
    I'm considered a "catch" by many of my female clients. I do all the cooking, cleaning, laundry, bills, yardwork, etc. and never complain. Oh and my wife gets foot massages too.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    ranks really high. cooking is sexy.
  • Jonesingmucho
    Jonesingmucho Posts: 4,902 Member
    Options
    I cook and I'm hung like a bull-mouse!

ROFL Mouse! So funny!

Wait...
    Um...that was a typo right? Right?
  • Jonesingmucho
    Jonesingmucho Posts: 4,902 Member
    Options
    And guys who can cook are VERY attractive. ( Especially if they understand that even if u can't finish the whole amount they put on your plate that it was still yummy .)
  • SarahCW1979
    SarahCW1979 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    if he's nekkid and cooking bacon Im on it.
  • 4x4play
    4x4play Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I love a guy that can cook! Waking up and having him in the kitchen making me breakfast and then bringing it to me in bed.... Damn.. I miss that!
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    A guy who will cook with me = AMAZING!

A guy who will cook for me when I've had a bad day = AMAZING

A guy who will let me cook for him, but who doesn't expect that I do it = AMAZING

^ this
  • cgilles9
    cgilles9 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Excuse me while I go sign up for a cooking class.