Intimacy as exercise

Options

Replies

• glitteredgrave
    glitteredgrave Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    100 cals seems about right... I saw an article in the newspaper about this. Very interesting
  • sammniamii
    sammniamii Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    No.... and now I have too..... inquiring minds want to know!
  • nturner612
    nturner612 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    lol too funny on the responses guys....i was just bored at work ;) well days almost over c yall!
  • Infauna
    Options
    I would never wear a HRM while having sex, that'd just be weird and not worth the hassle, imo.
  • denezy
    denezy Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I have worn a heart rate monitor before. :)

Was about 100 calories for 18 minutes. I dont think you can extrapolate that for "per hour" cuz there is no way in hell that intensity is going for an hour. Sorry ladies. :)

I also think it would be different for a guy then it would be a girl and would depend on positions utilized. I would say that most of the time the guy burns more.

Then she's doing it wrong.
  • Juliechilli
    Juliechilli Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Now I have to test it and wear it this weekend :glasses:
  • krash999
    krash999 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I've actually tested this quite thoroughly and I can tell you that I burn roughly 684 calories per hour doing you-know-what.

So per session that equals approximately 13 calories.

so since right now i am my own partner that means that i get to log twice the calories.... between my size and doubling the amount .... i think you have me beat.......
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Talking about this stuff can be dangerous with the SO

guys-its-a-trap-meme.jpg
  • ACepero79
    ACepero79 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    If there is swallowing involved, I believe you would have to net out the calories consumed with the calories burned.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Talking about this stuff can be dangerous with the SO

guys-its-a-trap-meme.jpg

LMAO! IKR! :P
  • WVmom24
    WVmom24 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Do you know how much fake exercise would get logged?

"45 minutes of sex"

Yeah right, try 3.

Would totally throw off the calorie count for a bunch of guys on here ;)
  • LuccyH
    LuccyH Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Have you ever worn a heart rate monitor during S E x to see how many calories you burn? I mean unless you are doin some super crazy freaky stuff, can someone really burn alot of calories doing this "exercise?" i looked it up on a website someone else posted on here, and it said based on my weight for a 20 min session id burn 100 calories. Realist? like i mean, unless u are doing some major squats, or moving ur hips at a max speed, or major push up positions etcc i just dont think id burn 100 cals doing sex. what do u think?

Ohh definitely you can. Sex is a workout as any other ones. You using your whole body. After a really tense I am always so thirsty that I can drink like 1/5 liter of H2O and my thighs hurt too.:wink:
  • shanae727
    shanae727 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I've actually tested this quite thoroughly and I can tell you that I burn roughly 684 calories per hour doing you-know-what.

So per session that equals approximately 13 calories.

ROTFL!!!!!!!
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Oh yea some good ol' protein synthesis.
  • Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    Well - of course, a HRT would not read calorie burn accurately because s ex is more akin to weight training so the reading would be unreliable.

I mean - all those hand balances, wheel postures and push-ups get your heart going but it isn't cardio as such is it?
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Geez, an orgy would shrink me in no time! Who's in?? Bring your olive oil! LOLOLOL
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • DiaryOfaThickFitWoman
    Options

Was about 100 calories for 18 minutes. I dont think you can extrapolate that for "per hour" cuz there is no way in hell that intensity is going for an hour. Sorry ladies. :)

I also think it would be different for a guy then it would be a girl and would depend on positions utilized. I would say that most of the time the guy burns more.

Hmmm this sounds a little stereotypic, lol, no hard feelings, ijs.
  • mauswood
    mauswood Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    HAHAHA - excellent :)
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

I have to say it. If you are doing a majority of the work - basically the girl is just laying there - then....I'm going to say there is a 90% chance she's really not into it...Had to put it out there.
  • DiaryOfaThickFitWoman
    Options

I have to say it. If you are doing a majority of the work - basically the girl is just laying there - then....I'm going to say there is a 90% chance she's really not into it...Had to put it out there.

ROTFLMBO