250lbs and can use some friend in the same boat

Options

Replies

• ashmorgstraws
    Options
    Go ahead & add me! I have 53 more lbs to go so it'll take me a good long while to get there!
  • wallen9277
    Options
    Please feel free to add me, I also need a friend in this journey. I am currently around 280 pounds, I have only joined MFP once but have joined WW about 6 times and can never get past the 2nd week. I am tired, miserable and without any energy. My motivation is probably not where it should be but I would never discourage you, even if I am struggling. I think my first step in this journey to reach my goal weight is to hold myself accountable for everything I eat. Therefore, I am making a commitment today to enter what I eat daily without making any excuses. I dont have as much to lose as you but I would be honored to have your support and offer you mine as well. WE CAN DO THIS!!! :o).
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean and have felt your pain.

This is my first time here on MFP though but not proud of being a Yo Yo dieter for most of my life. I too was looking to add those who had a lot to lose, figuring we had something in common...but a lot have dropped off (or I've deleted them after a month of no activity)

I'll admit I'm not the best eater out there as I enjoy my fast food, chocolate candy and chips, but the key is to log it and eat in moderation. It is easy to fit what you want to eat into your daily planning but you have to want to work at it.

I've been logged on since I started in early June, after I got dx'd with Type2. I'm not sure what my goal # will be, as I take one day/one pound at a time so I don't de-rail myself by looking at the big picture.
  • Luckee_me
    Luckee_me Posts: 1,426 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Please feel free to add me I still have at least 100+ pounds to lose.
  • FightinFelicia
    Options
    I am 219 lbs, Though, people say I look smaller, on the same weightloss journey for the good. I would love to be your friend to share in the experience; encourage the progress, and applaud the accomplishments.

Felicia
  • ohmyheck
    Options
    Started out at 290 ~ down over 100 pounds ~ I hear your pain!
  • Turtlespirit13
    Options
    Hello!!! Starting at 220 and am aiming to lose 50 first time trying this site,:smile: its not about the end result, its about the journey....its clear you really want to accomplish your goal or you would not be trying my fitness pal again.... that my dear is a positive commitment... so don't give up, you are back on the horse!!!!:flowerforyou:
    Lisarose
  • corrincain
    Options
    I'm currenly 215 lbs. I was 130 lbs when I got pregnant, but the day I had my daughter I weighed 233 :[ I totally turned into a WHALE with my pregnancy! And all the people on here only have a few pounds to loose, Im glad ur in the same boat as me. I dont have many friends so you can add me:)
  • Jillybn50
    Options
    I'm 250 lbs ...I just started today...I'm tired of being tired and I need someone that understand where I'm at. ...please add me as a friend...I sure could use some...thanks
  • Alicia7519
    Options
    I started MFP for the second time in August. I weighed 239 and now I am at 217. I've had some speed bumps, but I figure as long as I keep up with logging my food, this will help me get back on track. Feel free to add me.
  • Lake_Po
    Lake_Po Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I am 215, down 19lbs as of today. Feel free to add me! I log everyday (not always my diary, but I'm on) and I try to be encouraging!
  • Gingeeee
    Options
    Hi, I started at 273lbs, in January. But I didnt start MFP till May I believe. I am currently 209lbs. I have been on every diet you can mention or know of. I have had alot of experience with this. I try to exercise every day but usually its about 4 times a week. Its not easy somedays to stay on the right amount of calories and incorporate the exercise, but it goes hand and hand. If you really want to lose, you have to work at it everyday. Never give up on it. There will be times when you eat more calories then your suppose to, I use to quit because I just couldnt seem to get back on track, but this time is going to be different. I am not perfect by any means and I do have setbacks but this time I am going to make it and when I get to my goal weight I am going to be responsible enough to weight myself and put a stop to gaining it back because I never want to feel like I did at 273lbs, I felt so sick and I felt like I would never be able to take the weight off again but that is not true and I am thankful that I have had the opportunity to find that out. I still have about 50lbs to lose and the last 2 months have been slow coming off, but I am not giving up. I would like to be a friend if your really serious about losing maybe I can help with alittle inspiration .
  • mwbulechek
    mwbulechek Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I have about 100 to go. Feel free to add me!
  • valleylife209
    valleylife209 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm at 192 today and was fluttering between 265 -270 at the beginning of the year. Trust me you can do it and MFP definitely helps. were here for you.
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I started at 272 and now am at 229.5 lbs. I like the advice from the person who suggested you figure out where you went wrong. I feel like I have made this work cause I only aim for a pound a week. I cycle my calories meaning I bank calories burned to use on a day that I can't get a workout in. I suggest you find an exercise that you really love and be strict with yourself about actually doing it. I think I am able to keep going because I haven't cut out anything from my diet. With the exception that I really don't eat Mcdonalds or bk anymore. I just can't stomch the high calorie foods anymore. Friend me and good luck.
  • Julicat6
    Julicat6 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I started Weight Watchers at 250, back in February 2011. I lost around 40 lbs on WW, then plateau'd and played around with the same 5-10 lbs for a few months. I found Zumba in August 2012. I found MFP in September 2012. I quit WW to have the money for Zumba and started using MFP for tracking instead. I have now lost another 20 lbs. If anyone wants a friend who knows how hard it is and has stuck to it, please, feel free to add me. Please include a brief note so I know you are from this thread:smile:
  • nursekern
    nursekern Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Started at 294, down to about 260, still have a LONG way to go. Add me if you like :)
  • ande30
    ande30 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the encouraging posts and adds! I am working on adding all of you too it just takes a while to get done! So glad for the encouragement and knowing I am not alone in this!
  • jlthomas5
    Options
    I'm at 296 now, have lost four pounds. Feel free to add me!
  • samanthag1016
    Options
    I'm right there with you too! Started dieting at 267 last year, and I lost about 20 lbs but I was lazy about keeping track and yoyo-ed up and down a little bit. I started here a week ago at 246 and was 239.2 as of this morning. Anyone on this thread can feel free to add me! The more support you have, the easier it is to stick to the plan :)