Slim In 6 Workout Buddies Wanted!

Options

Replies

• PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,737 Member
    Options
    Just did Slim & 6-Pack and Mix It Up. I definitely worked up an appetite for lunch!

Callie, my son will be 15 next month and my daughter 18 in June. Fun, isn't it? LOL
  • Scoobees
    Scoobees Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Kick it up to Ramp it Up - you'll love it! Well, at least I did. :tongue:

Jill - I did Mix it Up tonight also. I'm glad next week is a rest week; I somehow hurt my knee on those crossover lunges. :frown: I'm always really careful with my bad knees; not sure how it happened. Hopefully a good rest week will take care of that!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!! :drinker:
  • Sweettart
    Sweettart Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    Scoobees: I also have bad knees and Im a Physical Therapist Assistant so ice them. Ice them for 20mins a day twice a day and it should help. Also take ibuprfen

Well today was my last day of SIU for a calorie burn of 224. Also did 20 mins of weight loss program on elliptica and slim & limber for another calorie burn of 368.

Todays total is 592 and week total of 3620. Love sundays...rest day!

Well have a great weekend!
  • PJilly
    Options
    Sorry you hurt your knees, Scoobees. I hope they recover fully during your rest week.

Good job on doing SIU, Sweettart. Have fun with RIU Monday! :devil:

I did Tone It Up today, which I had eliminated from my Slim Series repertoire, but in hindsight, I realized it has some good stuff in it that I ought to be doing. It was a heck of a workout, so I'm glad I did it.

Have a great weekend, everybody!
  • callie365
    callie365 Posts: 689
    Options
    JIll I see you do ! Its a BLAST... most of the time. They are really good kids !!! We are trying to enjoy them as much as possible .. it wont be long before they fly the nest! :sad: Can you tell me more about the Slim Series.. I know this is premature.. but I thought I would start looking into getting for when I complete SI6! Incentive.

Hi Scoobees Sorry about you knees.... have you tried a ice pk.. ? I use a bag of frozen peas... it works great, unless someone's eats them ... which happened.. gross, Now everyone in the house knows they are the official ice pack!! I hope they are better after a rest!!!

Sweettart I see you do the same.... Good job this week!!!!! Yeee-A rest day tomorrow!! Enjoy yours :flowerforyou: So I did SIU &
    S & L this morn. Think I'm gonna give RIU a shot Monday also! Good Luck week 2 here we go!
  • callie365
    Options
    Sorry you hurt your knees, Scoobees. I hope they recover fully during your rest week.

Good job on doing SIU, Sweettart. Have fun with RIU Monday! :devil:

I did Tone It Up today, which I had eliminated from my Slim Series repertoire, but in hindsight, I realized it has some good stuff in it that I ought to be doing. It was a heck of a workout, so I'm glad I did it.

Have a great weekend, everybody!

Jill just caught your devil... maybe I should watch RIU 1st!! :bigsmile:
  • MandyThomas
    Options
    Just completed my first time at Ramp It Up! wow those leg lifts kill my back side! Oh but I can tell they will work then! Looks like everyone is doing great! Keep pusing Play!
  • Scoobees
    Options
    Just completed my first time at Ramp It Up! wow those leg lifts kill my back side! Oh but I can tell they will work then! Looks like everyone is doing great! Keep pusing Play!

Oh Yeah they will work! :devil: You will be surprised how fast those inches start melting away! Those leg lifts may be killer, but they work. I whined and moaned everytime :tongue: but when I had jeans that I could never pull on over my thighs 'magically' slip right on - it was worth every single moan, whine, and cuss word. :wink:

Thanks everyone for your well wishes regarding my knees! :flowerforyou: I am definitely icing & using ibuprophen - thanks! It's not bad right now; I am grateful this is a rest week for sure! I don't want to miss ANY workouts!!!

Callie - Slim Series is a blast! I like it especially for the variety it has - 6 different dvds are a blessing after doing the same one for so long with SI6. The book you received with SS gives you a choice of many different rotations designed for what results/body parts you really want to work on. Some dvds use no weights, some use dumbbells, some use the resistance bands, some use ankle weights, some use all of the above lol. The shortest is 57 min, and the 2 longest are 78 min so there is quite a bit of time investment with this series. But I can honestly say each workout is worth the time spent! Debbie also has the Slim Series Express program which I know nothing about - but the workouts are really short I hear, like 30 min? I wanted something more aggressive for sure. :devil: Sorry to go on and on - I can't help myself because I believe so much in this program. Beachbody also has community message boards for SI6 and SS if you haven't checked them out already. I learned alot over there about the programs, rotations, even how many calories I should be eating lol! Here's a little bit more about the Slim Series:
    http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/extreme/slim_series.do

Have a wonderful weekend all!
  • callie365
    Options
    Hi girls

Mandy I have yet to watch and do... but ya made it through to tell about :tongue: .... Good going!!

Scoobees Glad your resting those knees and their better! I like your enthusiasm!!!!... what better review!?!? If you believe in the program and LIKE ... you will do for sure!! I had been checking the BB boards out a bit when I was looking at purchasing SI6.
    SI6 seems right up my alley and you girls rave about the Slim Series. I want to be prepared when SI6 is done. I am a bit concerned about the increases of length even in SI6.... but will have to deal with. But the variety in the SS sounds WONDERFUL!

How long were you on RIU and BIU w/ SI6?

Take care of those knees!:smile:
  • Tanya74
    Tanya74 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I would love to do it with you but I havent received mine yet! I just ordered it last week and am sitting on the edge of my set waiting for it to come! I posted a message last week asking if anyone has tried it and would they recommend it...I was doing the P90X program last year (same company produces both programs, beachbody.com) and loved it but hurt my back. It is better now but I am nervous to go back to the extreme workouts in the P90 program and this one doesnt seem as intense.

I will jump in with you as soon as I get my copies!

Tanya:flowerforyou:
  • Scoobees
    Options
    Hi Tanya! I would have LOVED to try P90X, but that plyometrics dvd + my bad knees = me running for my life. :tongue: Glad your back is doing better now - can't wait till you get your dvds!

Thanks Callie! And yeah, the lengths of the Slim Series workouts kinda worried me a bit too; but thank goodness only 2 of them are over an hour. Whew! Is there ever enough time in a day??? :sick: As far as SI6 goes - I was on SIU for 2 days, RIU for the rest of the 2 weeks, and BIU for 4 weeks - SORT OF. I was horribly bored doing the same dvd over & over, so I confess I rotated the dvd with gym workouts. Or if I was sick of BIU, I did RIU again with Cardio Core Express. I missed the gym, and if I could sneak in a Zumba class or Turbo Kick class I would do that instead. :tongue: So a couple days during the week, instead of the SI6 dvd I would do an aerobics class instead. It didn't seem to impede the great results I got; but who knows - they could have been even better!! :wink:
  • MandyThomas
    Options
    Completed RIU this morning! Feel great getting up early and completing the workouts. Leg lifts are still killing the back side but feel great!

Week 1 completed! Yea!

Looks like everyone is doing great! can't wait to see and hear about everyone's results!
  • callie365
    Options
    Hi Tanya WELCOME :flowerforyou: Is it your Slim In 6 your waiting for? Hope you get it in the mail TODAY!!!

Scoobees Yes, I do remember you posting that you mixed it up w/ classes and gym w/o's ! Hey the CONSISTENCY worked for you...... big time! :smile:

Mandy WOO- HOO for you!!!! :smile:

Not sure what I am going to do, we have been putting in long hours getting our house ready to sell and more this week. I am completely exhausted!!! I dont want to stop SI6 but I, want to give it my best. Maybe I'll start and it might give me more energy.

I know its progress not perfection.

Have a AWESOME Monday and w/o everyone!!
  • PJilly
    Options
    Good morning, everybody! I was gone a lot this weekend. We went away to celebrate our 20th anniversary. :heart: What a wonderful time we had! And then we had to come back home to reality. :tongue:

Scoobees did a great job of explaining Slim Series. I don't really have anything to add to it! Today, I'll be doing Tear It Up, which is the most intense of the workouts, and it's one of the 78-minute-long ones. You KNOW you've had a workout when you're done with that one. I love it!
  • Sweettart
    Sweettart Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    Jill: Congrats on 20 years of marriage!

Wow I just got my butt kicked!

Mandy: I agree those leg lifts are the death of me!!

Did slim & 6 pack and then RIU. I can do a lot more of slim & 6 pack then I could last week so Im getting stronger! Those double crunches are what kill me. I burned 480 calories. I have a feeling I will be doing RUI for 2 weeks.

Callie: I know its stressful trying to get your house ready to sell but you also have to think of yourself. Working out relieves stress so just push yourself to do it and you will feel so much better I promise and you will be glad you did it.

Have a great W/O everyone!
  • PJilly
    Options
    Thank you, Sweettart. :-) Glad to hear the 6-Pack is getting easier. In a few weeks, you are not going to believe how much stronger your core is!

Callie, I agree with ST. Don't stop the workouts because of the stress. They will make you feel better, not worse! It's the consistency that will get you results — doing the workouts every day you're scheduled to, whether life tries to interfere or not. In fact, when life tries to interfere, it's even more important to do them. You are worth it, and you deserve it.
  • callie365
    Options
    Thanks sweettart and Jill... I know you both are exactly right!!! I do feel better.... just dog tired.

I did the 1st part of RIU.. 20 mins before the resistance bands phase & S & L.

Jill Glad you got to get away to celebrate! You look great in your new pic!

sweetart.. Yep she- DS picked up the pace pretty quickly, think I'll be on RIU for a long bit also. I am not counting today in my two weeks of.

See ya's tomorrow! :flowerforyou:
  • MandyThomas
    Options
    Hey just wanted to tell everyone about my yummy breakfast for less than 200 calories! I make my breakfast at work and then eat it at my desk.

but here ya go!

Earthgrains - 100% Whole Wheat Thin Bun, 1 bun
    Egg Beaters - Original, 1/2 cup
    Broccoli - Frozen, chopped, cooked, boiled, drained, without salt, 0.5 cup

I put the egg beaters and the broccoli in a bowl (about the size of the earth grain bun) in the microwave for about 1 1/2 minutes or until the egg was cooked and then put it between the thin bun! it was so filling and yummy! You could add a slice of reduded fat cheese and/or a turkey sausage patty for a little more calories but for a lot more yum factor!!!!!!!
  • ank5
    ank5 Posts: 12
    Options
    Just started Slim in 6 about 5 days ago....and my fitness pal 3 days ago! i would love some motivation to get through the whole 6 weeks!!
  • Truhvn
    Truhvn Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    So, I'm glad to see there is a SI6 group on here! I've had my dvd's for a while and have started several times. I could always tell it was working, (man was I ever sore just after a few sessions!) but I just couldn't stick with it. I hate working out on my own! I take Tae Kwon Do twice a week for 45 -90 minutes. I love it, but since I've been doing it (for about a year and a half) I have actually gained weight! I never really changed my diet a whole lot, so I guess I expected to at least tone up and stay around the same weight...but I'm 10 lbs heavier. So I think it's time to focus on my diet (which MFP is helping with) and add more workouts. I'm looking forward to some great support from fellow SI6ers because I don't want to have to buy another gi (uniform) for my TKD class!

I've been trying to figure out the whole "eating your extra (exercise) calories." I get the whole idea about keeping your body fueled for the calories you burn, but I always thought that in order to lose weight you had to burn more calories than you took in...anyone have any comments to help me figure this one out?

I'm starting up my SI6 series tonight...I'll check in later!