C25k, Sit-Ups, Push-Ups, oh my!

Options

Replies

• McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I passed! I did my final situps test today and I thought, considering last week's 160 test, that I'd fail - but I didn't just pass, I did 250!!!!

YAY!!! GREAT JOB!!!!!

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    That's awesome, GREAT JOB!!! Love the pic by the way!
  • Sunsh1ne
    Sunsh1ne Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    Hahaha, thanks, the shocking part is that I bought those pants barely two months ago! I :heart: MFP!
  • mamaturner
    Options
    Holy cow, GREAT JOB! I sometimes wish I woulda kept a pair of my old pants to show that... they were 16's, right now I'm moving into 10's! But I had a baby and my tummy has what I like to call a road map! lol. Great job on your progress!!

I'm trying to get motivated to do W4D3 tonight... went to an hour of Zumba Toning and it's knocked me down! lol I don't even wanna get in the shower.... but I will... I stink, lol.
  • McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Did a 5k on the treadmill last night, shaved a little bit of time off the last time I did it, but the exciting news (for me :wink: ) is that I ran for a 1/2 mile straight! I was only going to run for a 1/4 mile, but once I reached that point I just wanted to keep on going. Hoping that the weather continues to cooperate so I can do my 5k walk/jog outside tomorrow. Might take the dog too to see how he does (and to wear him out! :tongue: ). Going to go to mapmyrun.com today to find a good route around here. My knee is a little sore today, but it felt fine while I was running on it yesterday.

Have a great day everyone!
  • Sunsh1ne
    Options
    Did pushups w5d1 last night, 65 on the exhaustion round. I also did day 2 of 30 min on the stationary bike, trying to work my knee up to running again. I can't wait to graduate to the elliptical, now my butt hurts as much as my knee did!
  • mamaturner
    Options
    way to go sunh1ne! I've totally fallen behind... I'm tempted to restart the 200 sit ups challenge. I'll do my first test..... again tonight lol... after zumba :tongue:
  • mamaturner
    Options
    hope everyone's sticken to there challenges and doing well! Took my test after week 4 for the sit ups challenge, did 80! So for week 5 I'm in the 3rd column... CRAZY!
  • Sunsh1ne
    Options
    I'm back off the bench! Redid the end of week 2 today, and I feel great - I can't wait to start week 3 on Tuesday!
  • FitbitConnor
    FitbitConnor Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I restarted C25K on friday, i got up to WK4 D2 before but caught a stomach virus that hung around for a week and quit exercising for a while I went back to WK3 D1 friday and found it MUCH easier than first time around! I was also doing the 100 push ups and 200 situps but also quit them at the same time so today im going to go back to the pushups/situps and continue from where i left off *and hope that works out well lol* I did the running monday/wed/friday and did the pushups/situps on the between days. Ive just read this thread from the beginning and its awesome seeing people succeeding on these programs you're all an inspiration!

EDIT
    Just did WK3 D1 L1 Pushups and made it *barely!* took longer than a minute between reps to recover tho, so it looks like ive lost a little form but nothing too bad :0)
  • FitbitConnor
    Options
    Also just did my pushup test and managed 55 which put me in the >40 category :0) tried to do WK3 D1 after but didnt stand a chance lol so i'll just be a day behind with the situps from here on i guess...
  • mamaturner
    Options
    Hang in there gixercon, there's a lot of the stomach thing floating around. Luckily it skipped my household.... we just got the head cold :tongue:
    I'm behind as well, W5D2 of the sit ups... been super busy with the restaurant I work at trying to get occupancy, now our soft open today (AH! NERVOUS AND EXCITED!) then 1 more soft open next week, then hopefully open doors! So I'm hoping to get back on track today, but I've been hitting up zumba/masala bhangra 5 days a week! YEA! Burned I believe 3280 calories this week! SAY WHA!?
  • FitbitConnor
    Options
    WOW thats awesome! :0) Thats what im looking forward to, as i get fitter i'll be able to exercise longer and burn more! starting swimming next week *if all things go well* havent been near a pool in about 15 years LOL
  • FitbitConnor
    Options
    Did WK3 D3 last night just to burn off some of those extra pesky weekend calories will do WK4 D1 tomorrow... i found week four tough last time around so im hoping that will be easier as well :0)
  • FitbitConnor
    Options
    Busy day today!

Completed Week 4 - Day 1 of C25K
    Today's workout consisted of:
    Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then: - Jog 3 minutes - Walk 90 seconds - Jog 5 minutes - Walk 2-1/2 minutes - Jog 3 minutes - Walk 90 seconds - Jog 5 minutes - Five-minute cooldown walk
    9 hours ago via C25K app

Today I did a total of 50 pushups thanks to the Hundred Pushups iPhone app. (Week 3, Day 2, Level 1) #100Pushups
    about an hour ago via Hundred Pushups

Today I did a total of 120 situps thanks to the 200 Situps iPhone app. (Week 3, Day 1, Level 3) #200Situps
    56 minutes ago via Hundred Pushups

Found the run easier but still tough and the pushups half killed me as my muscles were still a little sore from the last set sit ups were ok :0)
  • Sunsh1ne
    Options
    Finally wrapped up week 3 today - when I started it, I thought I'd have to repeat it, but when I finished today I felt SOOOO good, and I'm psyched to move on to week 4!
  • FitbitConnor
    Options
    I forgot to report back on friday! Did WK5 D1 and aced it, im taking the weekend off running though as ive got a bit of a sore toe and want to rest it but i shall be hitting the freeweights instead! I shall do WK3 D3 sit-ups and pull-ups today :0)
  • SammyLynn010
    SammyLynn010 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Okay...so... I just heard about this hoopla and I have decided that I am going to try it. (even if running isn't my thing...well if I'm not running bases). I am worried about sticking with it though. Usually I do things for a few weeks and then give up... I might need some seriously motivation! =) ... yay for Spring, good motivation!
  • FitbitConnor
    Options
    Today I did a total of 50 pushups thanks to the Hundred Pushups iPhone app. (Week 3, Day 2, Level 1) #100Pushups
    23 March at 20:22 via Hundred Pushups

Today I did a total of 200 situps thanks to the 200 Situps iPhone app. (Week 3, Day 3, Level 3) #200Situps
  • SammyLynn010
    SammyLynn010 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    W1D1 Complete! ... 1.5 miles in 30 mins. I'll get there! ... I didn't quite feel like I was going to die.