Mio?

Options
Does anyone use Mio? I use it pretty frequently, but I'm wondering if I'm still getting the same health benefits as drinking plain water, or if I'm counteracting it. Has anyone heard any studies on it, noticed results, etc.?

Replies

• drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    Mio is virtually calorie free, use as much as you like

ETA: It still counts as water.. Now its just water + mio
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Does anyone use Mio? I use it pretty frequently, but I'm wondering if I'm still getting the same health benefits as drinking plain water, or if I'm counteracting it. Has anyone heard any studies on it, noticed results, etc.?

By changing the color of your water with Mio, your body is no longer able to recognize it as water and won't process it the same as plain water. I'd avoid it
  • Rachelle1016
    Options

By changing the color of your water with Mio, your body is no longer able to recognize it as water and won't process it the same as plain water. I'd avoid it

Not being a jerk or anything, but how can my body tell what color it is? Why would it process it differently?
  • Acg67
    Options

Not being a jerk or anything, but how can my body tell what color it is? Why would it process it differently?

Your body is much more complex then you can imagine, it can do many things you wouldn't think possible. And it would process it differently due to the different color and the chemicals in Mio
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Hook...
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

Your body is much more complex then you can imagine, it can do many things you wouldn't think possible. And it would process it differently due to the different color and the chemicals in Mio

Unless you drink it while you're doing a headstand. Then it's water.
  • mrseelmerfudd
    mrseelmerfudd Posts: 506 Member
    Options

i just snorted a little when i read this
  • ritalef
    ritalef Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I love it! Mio changes everything!! :wink:
  • FelicityEliza36
    FelicityEliza36 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Craziness, I must google and check more into this lol

Wonder what happens when drinking FRUIT 2 O. Is it not water cause it has a splash of natural flavors?
  • Dtm3000
    Dtm3000 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    On a side note...Mio Orange Tangerine and Pinnacle Whipped Cream Vodka/Water is a great under 100 calorie Drink. (Vodka/Water's even less at 70 calories). The local discount stores (Big Lots, 99 cent Stores) have been selling them for a dollar! (still going for $3.99 in the grocery stores!). Big Mio Fan....
  • breezylee75
    breezylee75 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Interesting...not sure about it, but Mio helps my Fiance drink water-he hates plain water. I wonder, if it does change water, if it's worse to not drink water at all, or to drink it with Mio in it.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    The thing I like to ask is "if there is no sugar, yet it changes how the water looks and tastes, what is it REALLY made of, and why the hell would I want to put that **** in my body?"

Seriously. It's not food, and your body doesn't want it to stay inside itself, so why put it there in the first place?

It's like Cheese Whiz. It's not cheese, so it must be whiz!
  • Rachelle1016
    Options
    On a side note...Mio Orange Tangerine and Pinnacle Whipped Cream Vodka/Water is a great under 100 calorie Drink. (Vodka/Water's even less at 70 calories). The local discount stores (Big Lots, 99 cent Stores) have been selling them for a dollar! (still going for $3.99 in the grocery stores!). Big Mio Fan....

You just became my new best friend. lol I usually get the Wal-Mart brand - it's a dollar cheaper and it's all the same stuff.
  • Acg67
    Options
    Interesting...not sure about it, but Mio helps my Fiance drink water-he hates plain water. I wonder, if it does change water, if it's worse to not drink water at all, or to drink it with Mio in it.

Look at those ingredients, many of them were not around in Paleolithic times, so our body never adapted to being able to process them. So drink plain water

mio-copy.jpg
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Judging by the ingredients label, I'm surprised they're able to market it as "edible"
  • Rachelle1016
    Options
    The thing I like to ask is "if there is no sugar, yet it changes how the water looks and tastes, what is it REALLY made of, and why the hell would I want to put that **** in my body?"

Seriously. It's not food, and your body doesn't want it to stay inside itself, so why put it there in the first place?

It's like Cheese Whiz. It's not cheese, so it must be whiz!

I picked Mio because it's made with sucralose. I'm allergic to aspartame, and I don't like the negative effects of it anyway.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    If you put anything in your water that isn't plan water, it reacts chemically with the water so that it's no longer water. I'm surprised you haven't shriveled up and died yet from dehydration.

A summa cum laude college chemistry major said so last week on this here very site, so I know it's true.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options

Mind = blown
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    If you put anything in your water that isn't plan water, it reacts chemically with the water so that it's no longer water. I'm surprised you haven't shriveled up and died yet from dehydration.

A summa cum laude college chemistry major said so last week on this here very site, so I know it's true.

*snort*
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    Mio's key ingredient is propylene glycol, which is closely related to a key ingredient in anti-freeze. Not sure why you would really want to put this into your body.