200+ (Week 23) Shrinking into Summer begins!

Options

Replies

• makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Kristina...Twirls, Twirls and more Twirls...I seen you ran over 4 miles and you so motivated me to get out and hit the pavement....but drat...the rain came and came and it's still not done yet...I opted for inside workouts...I am so happy for you...doesn't it feel great to run? I just love it...like I said before I think I love it...because at first it was so dang hard to do....but our bodies are so amazing..and they will do what we tell them too....Seriously I am so proud of you for sticking with it, I know you struggled for a while with your pace and breathing...and look at you go...Girl...Super Hero...Girl!!!!! Woot Woot!!!!

Anna...Great job with your loss...something to be proud of, keep it up!!!

Hey does anyone have a good recipe for egg plant? I just realized this is something that I have never tried...I want to put it on the list this week. I think I would like to try to roast it? Maybe with some olive oil...but I have no clue as to how long...if any of you have a favorite recipe, please share!

Carolyn, hope your dinner went well.....and I hope your move is smooth...getting closer, how exciting to go somewhere new...have you visited the area?...I don't remember if you said you had relatives there...did you say your inlaws? Sorry having a freeze here right now.

Pinbot...not sure if I set a goal with you on my check in post...but I'll try for that 10#s (196#'s)...I'm going to make it one of these times:bigsmile: , just a few pounds to go and I will finally be out of the obese catagory...man will that make me happy...I think my BMI is 30.6 right now....
    Have a great evening everyone..I need to be getting around...talk with you later!
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday. Coming to you from my crackberry as my laptop provided by work is totally JACKEd by either some stupid malware program I can't get rid of or trojan viruses that my husband some how downloaded or however that works. Grrrr. So now I have to take it to work and get it fixed but still. Grrrr

So I woke up at 9am this morning yeay! Usually I can't sleep past 7 so yeay!

Hubby and G coming home early afternoon. I'm cooking..chicken noodle soup, poblano chile tamale casserole, two loaves of no knead bread to bake, hollowed out baked potatoes with eggs ans veggies cooked in them for bfast, potato salad, pizza crust, andsome rice chicken veggi cheese bake thing I'm making up. Trying to be proactive for this weeks meals. Makes it so much easier.

Ok I didn't weigh in cuz I didn't get to the gym, so:
    Starting SIS weight 206
    Goal weight: 198
    That should be fairly doable. And my treat for making it: eating dessert in my trip to Canada. Which is now the second week of May so this challenge is truly perfect.

I'm trying to watch The Wild Things and I can't get into it which is a bummer.
  • Laceylala
    Options
    If you cut eggplant length ways about 1/4 inch thick and spray it with olive oil you can then grill it or roast it. On the grill, about 3 mins on each side. In the oven for about 20 mins total. I always make eggplant parmesan with it at that point. Put some tomato sauce, garlic, onion and cheese on top of the slices and bake them for about 20 mins or so. Then eat with pasta or on a bun for a sandwich.
  • akasullengal
    akasullengal Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    Deb, I'm not a big eggplant fan, but the family would often mix them with other veggies and either roast or grill them. They were just tossed with some olive oil, salt, pepper, and some balsamic vinegar. Yum! I went to the store and got a wide array of veggies (peppers, onions, cauliflower, asparagus), and I just did the same, also adding some minced garlic and some chickpeas (which always roast nicely) and am popping them in the oven to roast. Looking forward to them this week! Also, thanks for the encouragement with the running. Although running on the treadmill wasn't super exciting, it really helped me with the ability to pace myself now that I'm running outside. It's raining here as well, so I'm glad I went outside yesterday. Went ellipticalling instead today. Will splurge this evening with some homemade pizza.
  • cds2327
    cds2327 Posts: 439
    Options
    hey hey hey......it's Sunday!! Had a wonderful dinner with family last night. my fantastic cook of a cousin made bbq chicken, roasted veggies, pasta salad and angel food cake with fresh berries. So, i was able to eat healthy....although i am sure the 3 glasses of wine didn't help, but I don't do that often, so hey!
    TOM came today, bummer....but i am always hopeful that my non loss last week is the result of bloating. So weird that we are all around the same old time.

deb--yes, we are moving near my hubby's family. We will actually be staying in my in-laws converted basement apartment. they transformed it into a two bedroom apartment, so we'll have our own living space (bathroom , living room , bedrooms, kitchen). my mother in law has agreed to watch our son so we can both work and save up money to buy our own place eventually. Now, i am completely stressed because we are moving up there on a wing and a prayer. no jobs......hopefully we can find something quickly, but both of our families said they will help us out till we get on our feet.
    We decided to get out of California, because we are losing money out of our savings every month. I currently don't work, but with the unemployment rate in Ca so high, i cant even get a job if i want to. and, any job i get would only pay for my son to go to daycare. and I refuse to have someone else raise my child, if it is not for a good reason. So, instead of getting deeper and deeper in debt, we are leaving to a place with a lower cost of living. I hate to leave my family, but feel it is the best for my hubby and son in the end.
    sorry, guess i needed to get it all out. We leave here in about a week and a half. I'll keep you all posted on when on compys are getting shut off and such.
  • llyndon
    llyndon Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    mrsbojangles- WAY TO GO! :drinker: great job on making your goal. Keep it up hun!

Happy Sunday everyone! The weekend is flying by. I'm feeling good after yesterday's run (longest ever!), and my legs aren't acting up or anything, so plan to hit up the rec center in a bit to do an hour on the elliptical. Then it's off to the grocery store. The recipes of the week are a triple bean salad that I made several weeks back and really enjoyed. I'm going to have that for my lunches this week and plan to roast a bunch of veggies (maybe cauliflower, zucchini, onions, peppers) and throw that over either some brown rice, or more likely whole wheat couscous with a little parmesan for dinners this week. Other than that, no plans for the day. Will probably watch some of the NCAA basketball tournament. My boys didn't make it this year after winning it all last year, but I still need to cheer against Duke, and as Michigan State is part of my current state, I suppose I'll pull for them as UM sucks in bball still. Perhaps get some reading done as well. I finished "Mansfield Park" last night- finally finished all the Austen novels. This one wasn't a fav, but glad I finished it.
    PLEASE cheer against Dook! I am a tarheel fan as well and it's painful indeed to watch the evil empire take back the title!!!! lol!
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    Hey gang - I made it back safely to northern MI. Hope you all had a nice weekend. The best $12 I had to spend was on getting spacers for my wedding and birthday rings!!!! It's great that they are no longer slipping off and having me scared of losing them. And I got into size 14 pants and large tops!!!! I am still in shock.

I will get the chart updated tomorrow. I need to put stuff away and eat.
  • akasullengal
    Options
    PLEASE cheer against Dook! I am a tarheel fan as well and it's painful indeed to watch the evil empire take back the title!!!! lol!
    yay for another Tar Heel fan! I'm bummed about Duke advancing. *sigh* Let's hope WVU beats them!
    And I got into size 14 pants and large tops!!!! I am still in shock.
    :noway: Fantastic!!! I've got a while to go before I hit the 14s. I'll be in the same size for ages and then suddenly drop one. I bought a couple new skirts, one which is a size 16 and fits! And a pair of pants which are a 16, which are a bit snug, but I could go out in them if I wanted and I think with just a few more pounds lost, they should be very comfortable. I don't want to invest in a lot of 18s if they are already getting loose on me. As for a 14, I think even when I was down to 170 (my lowest in college), I wasn't quite a 14 yet, so we'll see about when I get there this time around. I'm so happy for you Victoria! You're doing amazing!
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    I still haven't dropped any pants size but I was really excited last night when I had to go from the 3rd hole in my belt to the 4th cause my pants were still falling down.

We're having a horrible string of storms going through my area tonight. Tornados in NC? Not something you hear about every day. Anyways, I desperately need to go to bed.
  • dixiegal2484
    dixiegal2484 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    weighing in at 230 today. thats one pound down from last week. sooooooooo....../

SIS starting weight is 230.
    goal weight by May 7TH IS 225.
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday Morning Super Pals......Almost another month gone, it amazes me how quickly time flies!

Dixie, That is so great that you can lose a pound on the weekend, that is my worst time! Good for you.

Blombie, stay safe....mother nature can be so scary!

CDS, How awesome that you have the support of your families, I didn't realize there was so much to your move..my goodness, you have been going through some emotional stuff there. Good for you sticking with the exercise and such..I would be just a mess- I'm sure you'll do fantastic.....I'll be sending Super Hero thoughts and prayers your way...You and Hubby...Your unstop-able!!!

Well I need to get breakfast going...I'll check in later, have a wonderful week everyone!
  • akasullengal
    Options
    Kendal- hope you made it through the storms okay. I heard about the bad storms back in NC- hope it wasn't too bad where you were. When I spoke to my parents last night in the central part of the state, they didn't mention anything about the weather.

dixiegal- one pound is still a pound! congrats!

Well, I'm sitting here at work munching on a yogurt (red velvet cake yoplait- new flavor- surprisingly tasty). The day should go by relatively quickly as I have a group to observe, a lunch to celebrate my boss' birthday (mediterranean.... oh the hummus... yum!), and a couple of potential clients to see. I woke up this morning and my left calf was a bit tight. I was planning on putting in some serious cardio again today, but I might need to lay off of it for the day. So what I might end up doing (even though it'll probably cause me to be over my calories for the day) is doing a pilates dvd or something lower impact instead of running or hopping on an elliptical. Will plan on pumping up the exercise again tomorrow and Wednesday, as once again this week, I have a group Thursday night and won't be able to last chance workout it.

Happy Monday!
  • Nikki143
    Nikki143 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    :sad: :sad: Well, Good Morning & Happy Monday; The weather is crappy up here.. rain until wednesday.. bUT i so plan on walking the beach in the rain tmw after work!! I ate HORRIBLY all wknd. ate out every day (except yesterday, but still had MAJOR LARD *kitten* FOOD), sO MY SCALE SAID "HELLO, 216!!' is that possible? up 9lbs? Ne-who, I am back on my liquid grind.. just for today, My tummy needs to shrink a few inches.. I knew what I was doing; totally sabotaging myself, but I couldn't stop!!:cry::angry: :explode:
    Well, hopefully I'll be 207 again by friday
  • Laceylala
    Options
    Happy Monday! After four hours of scanning with malwarebytes and another microsoft scanner and avg I got rid of the freakin trojan horse viruses that somehow downloaded onto my computer. Thank God for my friend who knew what to do. I've only ever had Macs and never get issues like that. I've got this laptop from work and gaaa....I wish it was a mac.

Proud Momma moment: I gave me daughter a few slices of this: http://www.daveskillerbread.com/sindawg.shtml for breakfast as it was easy and healthy-er as these things go...she ate three bites and then went into the fridge and pulled out nectarines. She ate two and a half of them last night and now is fastly munching her way through her first. She grabbed two this morning. Yeay me! I'm doing something right that my kid will eat her veggies and fruits.

I did a boat load of cooking yesterday:
    2 loaves of no knead bread
    chicken soup
    a curried/cumin rice, veggie, chicken cheese bake
    a pasta with kale, spinach, a bit of gruyere bake
    potato egg boats

today I'm making a poblano chile relleno cornbread casserole for later in the week and mushroom soup for my lunches this week.
    Right now Gracie and I are sitting on the couch watching Max and Ruby (which I can't stand...) and relaxing. My ME night was awesome as was the rest of my quiet weekend. I think I want to have one of those once every three months. Even if it means that I give my husband one weekend like that as well.

It's raining here. Well, to others not from this part of Oregon you would think it is pouring. I guess after 5 years of living in Eugene I've finally aclimatized to the miserable greyness that is November-mid June. BLeh. Stuck inside today.
  • Laceylala
    Options
    :sad: :sad: Well, Good Morning & Happy Monday; The weather is crappy up here.. rain until wednesday.. bUT i so plan on walking the beach in the rain tmw after work!! I ate HORRIBLY all wknd. ate out every day (except yesterday, but still had MAJOR LARD *kitten* FOOD), sO MY SCALE SAID "HELLO, 216!!' is that possible? up 9lbs? Ne-who, I am back on my liquid grind.. just for today, My tummy needs to shrink a few inches.. I knew what I was doing; totally sabotaging myself, but I couldn't stop!!:cry::angry: :explode:
    Well, hopefully I'll be 207 again by friday

We all do these sorts of things once in a while. I had a mini love affair with Oreo Cakesters this weekend. The best thing you can do is to get back to you reduced calorie eating habits asap and move on. I've personally learned that if I sit there and keep wallowing about how I ate I won't lose any weight at all for weeks. Gotta move on and keep positive.
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    Good morning everyone. I thought I'd say hi as I eat lunch - left over subway is really good (or I am just hungry).

Kendal - I hope you survived the storms.

The sunshine is beautiful here. I may take my scope to the beach later and watch the birds migrating near here. Lake Huron is only 20 min away. I want to take my bike to the shop for new tires in that town anyway. I still have 2 more clients today but should be done with work by 3. Yeah.
  • cds2327
    cds2327 Posts: 439
    Options

CDS, How awesome that you have the support of your families, I didn't realize there was so much to your move..my goodness, you have been going through some emotional stuff there. Good for you sticking with the exercise and such..I would be just a mess- I'm sure you'll do fantastic.....I'll be sending Super Hero thoughts and prayers your way...You and Hubby...Your unstop-able!!!

Thanks Deb! It has been really emotional, and food is usually my crutch. I haven't been a saint, but have realized how much calmer i am on days i exercise. and having you ladies to vent to helps me more than you know.
  • KendalBeee
    Options
    Thanks for the concern everyone. I was actually really lucky and just had very heavy rain and lots of lightning and thunder at my house. Not a single tree fell and thats great news. I had a dead tree fall on the carport in February because of very high winds after an ice storm. Thankfully it dinted the carport and smashed a small part of the gate and thats ALL. If the carport hadn't been there, it would have fallen straight on the car and the house. Plus, since it was a dead tree, it broke apart into 10-15ft sections.

I need to quit eating all this sodium filled crap. I was up to 234.8 today. :grumble: I should have time to go to the store tonight and get what I need to make all my good food.

anyways, thats about all for now.
  • KendalBeee
    Options
    oh yeah...I should get my shoes by tomorrow and its supposed to be in the 70s and 80s here by wednesday! I am excited about finally getting to add more mileage to my distance ticker! :bigsmile:
  • jadegem_2002
    jadegem_2002 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies

I'm staring to work out again. just eatting right isn't cutting it. i think i was over doing it trying to work out 4-5 times a week for 60 -75 min.s so i'm back to 30 mins for atleast 3 days and more if i feel like it.