Why in the hell won't my fat burn!!!!!!!!!

Options
I have freaking flubber all over my body!!!! Around my belly, top of legs, Back flap over my bra! I am eating 1500cals a day. Doing cardio 3 times a week and heavy weight lifting 3 times a week. Nothing seems to be working!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My thyroid is under control, my diabetes type 1 is also under control so WTH?????????????????????????????????? Is it because I gained this fat while pregnant??? But then my son is gonna be 1 this Januray. I heard a woman should be able to have all the preggo weight off my 9mo post preg. Why NOT ME????

Replies

• havenxx
    Options
    I have freaking flubber all over my body!!!! Around my belly, top of legs, Back flap over my bra! I am eating 1500cals a day. Doing cardio 3 times a week and heavy weight lifting 3 times a week. Nothing seems to be working!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My thyroid is under control, my diabetes type 1 is also under control so WTH?????????????????????????????????? Is it because I gained this fat while pregnant??? But then my son is gonna be 1 this Januray. I heard a woman should be able to have all the preggo weight off my 9mo post preg. Why NOT ME????
    If it's possible, trying working out 4-5 days a week. Even jus for 30 minutes. And like you said, you always eat under 1,500 calories, but are the things you eating actually healthy?
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    BarbaraCarr1981 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    yes most things are healthy. 10% probably for unhealthy.
  • Ral263
    Ral263 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    So, I hate to break it to you, but about, 90% of what you are eating I wouldn't call healthy?

Yes, you do have fruit. But where is your lean protein? You aren't eating any vegetables, and what little protein you do have is processed and pumped full of sodium.

ETA-- the fats in your diet are also mostly partially hydrogenated (ie, the margarine). I really believe that body comp is 3/4 because of what you eat (if not more), so in order to develop more muscle tone you are going to need to eat more lean protein, less processed carbohydrates, and replace the trans fats with stuff like avocado, olive oil, and nuts.
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    How tall are you and how much do you weigh? Your face pic does not look like you are too heavy and the less you have to lose the harder it is. How long have you been doing this?
  • dschassie
    dschassie Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Took a peak at your diary. While everyone's body is different, I would recommend to keep your daily calories at 1,300 to 1,400 a day and for just a week, try not doing a PM Snack and keep your dinner calories to about 300 and eat more in the morning and at lunch. If at all possible, try eating your dinner early. This has worked really well for me, maybe it will work for you? Give it a shot for a week...
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    WEIGHT LIFTING! go go now. You can just eat the goal and not work out get up and going then lets see what ya got
  • pithynutritionpun
    pithynutritionpun Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You seem to be eating a lot of simple carbohydrates and not very much protein. Would focus on eating more lean, high quality protein, and less simple carbs. You should be aiming for about 1 gram of protein per lb of lean body mass (e.g. I have 29% body fat at 140 lbs, thus my LBM is about 99, so I aim for about that much lean protein a day - you can find calculators as an estimate online). Though it is calories in/calories out to a certain extent, eating a good amount of lean protein will result in improving body composition as opposed to eating the same amount of calories with a low ratio of protein.

As for the carbs, one way to improve that would perhaps be in the morning instead of an english muffin or cereal, have rolled oats instead to get minimally processed complex carbs instead of the simple carbs english muffins and processed cereal has. Also, many more vegetables. Lots and lots of vegetables.

Also, make sure you're eating enough. Figuring out your BMR and TDEE and eating for your caloric needs activity level will give you the best results, though not necessarily the fastest (which is not better). In other words, don't drop your calorie intake because you're not losing without figuring out what your metabolic needs are first. All the best to you!
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    Options
    Thanks for the info! Im 5'9" and currently 155lbs. I have been on MFP for about a month and a half but I've been trying to lose this disgusting weight since I gave birth last January.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Just took a quick look at you diary...the fruit is great, but you also have a lot of simple sugars/simple carbs there as well...these go straight to fat storage. What kinds of fats are you eating? There are good fats and bad fats...up the good fats and try to avoid or limit trans fats altogether....look for a margarine that doesn't have hydrogenated/partially hydrogenated oils. Keep your saturated fats in check as well. Your macro settings also seem to have you pretty low on the protein. Maybe try adjusting your macros for less carbohydrates and up the lean protein and healthy fats. Try to make most of your carbs of the complex kind...and more veggies.
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    All of the advice you are getting about what you are eating is irrelevant to your post. If you aren't losing weight over a long period of time then it's probably because you are not burning more than you are consuming. Find the problem and fix it. Maybe you aren't logging everything you eat accurately? Maybe you should stop eating back exercise calories? Ignore the broscience people, just figure out why you aren't burning more than you are consuming.
  • ParkerH47
    ParkerH47 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info! Im 5'9" and currently 155lbs. I have been on MFP for about a month and a half but I've been trying to lose this disgusting weight since I gave birth last January.

You are in the normal range for your BMI, and what you are talking about is likely loose skin. please don't call your weight disgusting when you are clearly at a healthy weight, its ridiculous and borderline offensive to those who have legitimate weight to lose.

I would just keep doing what your doing, and be PATIENT, and KIND to yourself.
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    Options
    I also wanted to mention that I've lost weight twice in my life and both times I eat like what I am now or maybe a little worse and exercised. The weight came back on first from a car accident. I had to lay in bed for 3 months. The second time the weight came back on was from pregnancy.

Why is it so much harder to lose weight this time? Is it cause Im 31? is it cause i worry about weight too much? or is it the fact that doing things the same this round just wont cut it???
  • MeDoula
    MeDoula Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Have you tried setting your macros to 40% carbs, 30% protein, 30% fat?
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    5'9" and 155 lbs isn't fat. In fact, you seeing yourself this way, and publicly announcing how disgusting you think you are, could make some people feel awful about themselves.
  • greenpointmoni
    Options
    So, I hate to break it to you, but about, 90% of what you are eating I wouldn't call healthy?

Yes, you do have fruit. But where is your lean protein? You aren't eating any vegetables, and what little protein you do have is processed and pumped full of sodium.

ETA-- the fats in your diet are also mostly partially hydrogenated (ie, the margarine). I really believe that body comp is 3/4 because of what you eat (if not more), so in order to develop more muscle tone you are going to need to eat more lean protein, less processed carbohydrates, and replace the trans fats with stuff like avocado, olive oil, and nuts.

I disagree, I think overall this she's eating healthy. Remember, yogurt has a lot of protein and she eats one almost every day. She also eats a lot of fruit and usually has some lean meats as well.

I'm stumped.
  • greenpointmoni
    Options
    All of the advice you are getting about what you are eating is irrelevant to your post. If you aren't losing weight over a long period of time then it's probably because you are not burning more than you are consuming. Find the problem and fix it. Maybe you aren't logging everything you eat accurately? Maybe you should stop eating back exercise calories? Ignore the broscience people, just figure out why you aren't burning more than you are consuming.

This.
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Women are empathizing, men are trying to fix.
  • mrsricta
    Options
    :happy:

You are in the normal range for your BMI, and what you are talking about is likely loose skin. please don't call your weight disgusting when you are clearly at a healthy weight, its ridiculous and borderline offensive to those who have legitimate weight to lose.

I would just keep doing what your doing, and be PATIENT, and KIND to yourself.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options

This.

Agree - there is something wrong with your math or weight loss equation.

Have you figured out your BMR and TDEE?
  • imoquenn
    imoquenn Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I've noticed with your food diary that you often have things like "1/2 cup" or "10 grams." Are you actually measuring this, or just eyeballing it? People have a tendency to underestimate how much they've consumed - sometimes vastly! Try to go one day where you actually measure out your portion sizes. This is especially important with high-calorie spreads like margarine, or especially peanut butter. The difference between one and two tablespoons isn't visually that obvious, but calorically it's pretty significant!